Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: MOTUC Fan Choice in 2013!?!

It's probably been stated somewhere before, but can someone tell me when exactly we're going to find out which characters Mattel picked for the Fan Choice? I hope they don't wait until SDCC/the subscriptions go up for sale. We need time to win other people over to our side in case they pick something good.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    This Fan Choice vote is to give a fan-wanted character that might not otherwise get made a "free pass" into being made. It's been pegged as the most desired of the obscure, type of vote. Scorpia, Octavia and characters that had multipe action figures and/or stactions and statues don't really fit the bill for the vote.

I really hope Mattel honours what they said the vote was: obscure characters they know the fans really want, but management wouldn't be excited for and/or might not allow to be made.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I hope they don't wait until SDCC/the subscriptions go up for sale.
    I think they might wait to announce the choices until the subs are for sale, hoping they might sell to a few "on the fence" people that way. I'd love to see the choices ahead of time, of course. Because I'm impatient, and I want to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I really hope Mattel honours what they said the vote was: obscure characters they know the fans really want, but management wouldn't be excited for and/or might not allow to be made.
    Yeah, the more I think about which characters Mattel might nominate, the more concerned I am. Will Mattel include a really popular character to "rig" the vote? Or stick in 8 characters who are selected because they're straight repaints, not because they're fan-demanded?

I'm also wondering if we'll see live results or if they'll just tell us who won.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I'm leaning very heavily to finally getting a sub, just to be able to vote for Illumina (mostly because I feel Val & Emiliano deserve it for all they've done for MOTU) since I believe this is her one and only chance to get made & if she doesn't win, Mattel will never make a figure of her. Hopefully TG will put his money where his mouth is and vote for her too with his subscription since he said this whole poll was for her anyways...

One thing that will definitely keep me from getting a sub in order to vote is if Mattel stacks the deck with an obvious non-obscure character. We shall all wait and see.........