Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Fan Choice in 2013!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    I am in no way confirming a fan's choice poll, but I can tell you if one ever happened, we would make sure it was not "loaded" with an obvious winner.

Rampant uncontrolled speculation may now resume.
    Epic!!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by skeletom View Post
    Epic!!
    Yeah, let's encourage this kind of snarky attitude.

Thanks, friend.
    That "Rampant Speculation" comment was snarky, and we all know it.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Thanks, friend.
    do you really think it was snarky? i just presumed it was tongue in cheek; scott's said before he enjoys reading our guesses and stuff, so that made me presume it was meant in good humour; but i don't know, i've never met the guy and it is (as always) hard to judge intent and tone in someone's writing.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I am in no way confirming a fan's choice poll, but I can tell you if one ever happened, we would make sure it was not "loaded" with an obvious winner.

*reads between the lines*

"loaded"

guns?

RIO BLAST IS COMING!!! OMG U GUYZ

Seriously if there's a vote or something the results better not be revealed on Bizzaroworld. "You am vote for flocked Clawdeen so me Bizarro give you unflocked Clawdeen!" etc.
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Thanks, friend.
    Hey, sorry bro! I don't mean to offend anyone, but I got a laugh out of his post. Whenever someone's posts make me chuckle, I like to acknowledge that. I may not agree with everything Toyguru has posted as of late, but I do agree that sometimes we can get a bit ahead of ourselves here. I really don't think I deserved to be gotten after because of my amusement at that post.

I gotta say that I do think highly of TG for many things he has done for MOTU. I will also say that I think highly of you, sir, and agree with much of what you post. I have been following your NYCC posts rather closely and thank you for all of that great info!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

I'm sorry tgat I'm being hasty

The problem is that Scott often makes snarky comments. Then he goes too far with his posts the other night. Then he comes and makes a "funny" post that seems to make fun of those who have been guessing what the 2013 Sub's special "choice" option will be.

It would be easy to read his comment as a fun tease, if he hadnt been posting negative sentiments regarding the customer base

His demeanor here is a little confusing.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I thought that was funny too.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I didn't see it as snarky.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I'm sorry tgat I'm being hasty

The problem is that Scott often makes snarky comments. Then he goes too far with his posts the other night. Then he comes and makes a "funny" post that seems to make fun of those who have been guessing what the 2013 Sub's special "choice" option will be.

It would be easy to read his comment as a fun tease, if he hadnt been posting negative sentiments regarding the customer base

His demeanor here is a little confusing.
    No problem, bro! I understand where you're coming from!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    So long as the losers aren't thrown to the "never gonna make" pile like another poster mentioned, this seems not only fair, but would be a pretty terriffic idea.
    It would really suck if it was done like Hasbro's Marvel Legends poll, Sunfire won and the rest never saw the light of day. Granted the line came to an end but it didn't seem like they planned to make the others in poll.

It needs to be the winner is released that year and other just go back to there place on the "master list."

I wonder if the poll will be made up of the characters that are rumored to have already been sculpted but pushed back for some reason or another, like Sweet Bee.

Thanks, friend.
    Brian I can see where Scott's comment could be taken as snarky, he is good at snarky. It's just like I said in my post to Scott yesterday it's all about his tone, he doesn't seem to realize how he's coming across sometimes. Or he's just a jerk.
    Last edited by Slave2Evil_Lyn; October 14, 2011 at 01:26pm.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I thought it was funny too. I think every one could stand to take themselves a little less seriously at times. It's easy to get swept up in drama and start taking everything really personally. So taking a step back is never a bad thing.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Warrior
    we would make sure it was not "loaded" with an obvious winner.
    Like Disco Skeletor. Or would he be called Battle Ground Skeletor?

Polls are a good idea. Power to the people and all the jazz. But wouldn't it mean that a figure would get pushed back? If that's the case then I don't want a poll.

What would this forum be without rampant uncontrolled speculation and holding you to your every word as if it were the law? I kid...sort of. There's plenty of good stuff here and I don't see why people would be upset about a possible fan's choice poll. I don't agree 100% with everything Toy Guru says and does, but some of you take this way too personally

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    A fan poll would be awesome (and something we've been asking for since 2008, actually ). I'm a tad worried about the results though. Mattel and voting/poll results haven't had a good relationship in the past... Not just MOTUC either! Monster High just had a character choice poll between 3 characters and 1 character had like 30% more votes than the other (which was in 2nd or last place). Then the poll went down and no one could vote for 1/2 an hour or something...and then the character that was leading mysteriously lost! I read about it. I didn't witness this...but still.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

How about an add-on sub (like the 30th) that has a much lower production run (only sold in a sub) that will have 4-6 figures that fans get to vote on...out of a list of say 18-20?

Just show an artist rendering of those 18-20 and have a vote. Doing this would allow you to control which characters can be done (based on a reuse of parts, etc.)

That doesn't necessarily mean that the others in the list aren't going to be made...just not in 2013. Then the following year you could do it again and eventually you'll get to all 18-20.

All I have to say is, if his comment was snarky... can you really blame him? It's true!

Snappy Threader
    A fan poll would be kickin for sure, but a lot of people would be disappointed and a lot of people would be happy with the results. If they do one, I sure hope too that the characters not winning would be available later down the road. It would add some excitement for sure, but I would fear the results backlash....

Snarky or not, why hasn't the rampant uncontrolled speculation resumed?!

I'd really like it if a poll included say ten choices, the top six of which would be included in the following year. Then the remaining four could be in the next year's poll along with six new choices. And so on it would go so long as sales and feedback on the options are all good. Heck, their presence on the poll might make them more desired. Is that realistic?

Also, how obscure are we talking about here? Is this like basically every mini comic character from King Hiss's bride to the delivery boy from Menace of Modulok? Is this one-shot Filmation characters like King Tamusk (okay, I know he has fans) and Queen Elmora from She-Demon of Phantos (ditto, me included)? Would you include hard to make guys like Sortech and Vormus from MYP in here? See they'd need smaller bucks because they were skinny sorcerers, so they could be included when and if a thinner buck was finally made for, say, Lizard Man or 200x Prince Adam in the regular line!

My impression is that Illumina would definitely be in one of the characters in this poll. What about her cat? Would there be one or two large item options for characters like that? What about other MVC-created characters like Might Bite and Waspor? Are they available and would you include them along with info about who they would be if they fit into MOTUC? Scott, I know you could have fun writing that. I assume Waspor and Might Bite were in the MVC pitch, and that Waspor had a design. If not...well, the Horsemen could actually sketch ideas.

And this brings me to another option. Have the Horsemen sketch all the potential figures in their own style to be shown with the poll!!!! If people had seen Mighty Spector's sketch before the figure, I think there would have been more positivity in the response to him when his figure was first shown (there would still have been descent naturally, there has been for every figure, but the sketch looked really good I thought). Look at what Royaltrus did with his fan staction contest a few years ago! He brought all the finalists into the same level of style and detail so that the characters were judged by how cool they would look instead of how cool they might look. I know, the Horsemen may not have time to do this. But then again, maybe they'd love it too! How long do you have before you'd have to offer up the poll? Next year's SDCC? That's a good amount of time for ten drawings!

Awesome.

I think this could be fun, honestly. Besides, if the line does well long enough, the other choices could get made too! Happens with SW all the time, not to compare the two, but...

I think if it was all characters who had very low support ahead of time, we could actually enjoy it. (Well, those of who enjoy enjoying things, that is...)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World

That is good to know!!! Thank you for stopping that conspiracy theory before it got any legs

I do humbly ask that "if and when" a fan's choice figure ever happens that you do put Illumina in the running!!! It would be great to see Mattel give her a fair chance at being made!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Snarky or not, why hasn't the rampant uncontrolled speculation resumed?!
    Quite right! I like your suggestions, by the way. As for how this works - I'd like to see another add-on sub like the 30th Anniversary line this year (4-6 characters) that's all fan-choice characters! It'd be cool if the last spot was one of the runner-ups from the Create-A-Character contest. Maybe Mattel could post the runner-up entrants and everyone could vote on their favorite.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Quite right! I like your suggestions, by the way. As for how this works - I'd like to see another add-on sub like the 30th Anniversary line this year (4-6 characters) that's all fan-choice characters! It'd be cool if the last spot was one of the runner-ups from the Create-A-Character contest. Maybe Mattel could post the runner-up entrants and everyone could vote on their favorite.
    That would pretty seriously rule.

I loved Scott's answer. Sometimes that guy is a hoot! It really did make me smile!

Damn Toyguru, you need to start TMing your remarks otherwise Vocal Minority and Rampant Speculation are going to find their way on a T-Shirt and you are going to be out some $$$$ which could go in to the MOTUC budget to give us more SKU's, more Mini Comics and more opportunities for you to comment past _______ .

We know that the characters from the vintage line are almost a sure thing. Plus they are more likely to make the poll one sided. I'd like it be with obscure character from the comics and cartoons. Not the most requested characters like, Octavia, Shikoti, Scorpia, Sea Hawk, and so on. It should be characters that have less of chance to make the cut. Like Hunga, Lady Valtira, Spydra, and so on. (I'm pulling these names out the air so they may not be the best examples, and my spelling sucks)
    "Don't crowd me boys!"