Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Fan Choice in 2013!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Rampant uncontrolled speculation may now resume.
    Quoted for truth!

You still owe the org a big apology, mind you, but that was funny.

So Can we speculate that a Mighty Spector Variant will be on it and the poll will NOT BE RIGGED to get Smash Disco Blade Spector? with Vac Metallized boots and flocked suit... Oh yeah and he'll have Vac Metallized Keldor Dual blades
    Seriously, here's a list of people that I expect to see on the list:
    Wind Raider Pilot
    Goat-Man
    Illumina
    Josh (but a slightly more badass version of him... If marlena can have a sword, why can't we give one and a shield for Josh... he could be Bow's brother or something)
    Plundor
    Songster
    The Scientists
    Chef Allan
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    So Can we speculate that a Mighty Spector Variant will be on it and the poll will NOT BE RIGGED to get Smash Disco Blade Spector? with Vac Metallized boots and flocked suit... Oh yeah and he'll have Vac Metallized Keldor Dual blades
    Wind Raider Pilot
    Goat-Man
    Illumina
    Josh (but a slightly more badass version of him... If marlena can have a sword, why can't we give one and a shield for Josh... he could be Bow's brother or something)
    Plundor
    Songster
    The Scientists
    Chef Allan
    I'm loving your list there...
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Wind Raider Pilot
    Goat-Man
    Illumina
    Plundor
    Songster
    The Scientists
    Chef Allan
    Great list. Although probably the scientists and Chef Allen would require too many unique parts to make the poll. So we need two other duds...I mean, options.

Seriously though, if your first six were the actual sub, I'd buy three.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'd rather see Mattel working on a way to make it right with POP toy fans.
    And just what do they need to make right exactly?
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'm sorry tgat I'm being hasty

The problem is that Scott often makes snarky comments. Then he goes too far with his posts the other night. Then he comes and makes a "funny" post that seems to make fun of those who have been guessing what the 2013 Sub's special "choice" option will be.

It would be easy to read his comment as a fun tease, if he hadnt been posting negative sentiments regarding the customer base

His demeanor here is a little confusing.

Your taking things VERY personal here. TG has said a lot of questionable, comments lately... but this was not one of them.

You seem to be the only one who sees 'Rampant Speculation' as snarky or insulting.

Lets be honest. it IS rampant speculation. we have a hint that there may be something 9-12 months from now, and it's already got it's own thread with multiple options...

And 5 posts in, you started with negative comments about what we were speculating... He bounced in to try to keep the thread positive.

I see NOTHING wrong with trying to keep things positive.

Personally, I think the entire thing isn't even worth thinking about. Whatever we guess, won't be confirmed until next summer. There's literally no point in worrying about it.

These Forums have been like a powderkeg lately... Any comment by any person seems to explode into a ball of harsh words and burning hatred.

Kind of scary around here lately...

Wind Raider Pilot
    Goat-Man
    Illumina
    Plundor
    Songster
    The Scientists
    Chef Allan
    If that was the poll list, it would be super easy vote for me.

ILLUMINA!
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior
    Wind Raider Pilot
    Goat-Man
    Illumina
    Plundor
    Songster
    The Scientists
    Chef Allan

LOL

Nice...

Though I should point out that there were some cool options in the WWE poll... they don't ALL need to be D and E list characters

I would NOT be surprised at all to see Illumina on the list just to shut people up about her. If she wings, Great... if she loses, 'Hey, we TOLD you she wasn't popular enough...'

Personally I'd like to see some 'varients' tossed into the pool. The kind that had a figure, but hopefully nobody wants...

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Great list. Although probably the scientists and Chef Allen would require too many unique parts to make the poll. So we need two other duds...I mean, options.

Seriously though, if your first six were the actual sub, I'd buy three.
    Well there IS a bit of a method to my madness in adding Cheff Allan and the scientists:
    Chef Allan could speed up the slightly larger buck that could be reused for Ram Man
    The Scientists can speed up the smaller "Teen buck" for 200X Adam, and any other character that would need that buck aside Alcon. the "Gepple buck" could be reused on Gwildor, Cursed Marzo... Now the Meldoc and Crax bucks are a mystery for me on how to reuse them.

Also I went with the "bottom of the barrel" options because If I added a more popular character, then the poll would lean towards that character... That's why there's no Shokoti, Crita, Sebrian, or Captain Randor
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I am in no way confirming a fan's choice poll, but I can tell you if one ever happened, we would make sure it was not "loaded" with an obvious winner.

Rampant uncontrolled speculation may now resume.
    So much easier said than done. Nearly all of the DC Fan Polls had obvious winners from Day One and we still have no Huntress, Uncle Sam, Captain Marvel Jr, etc. either.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

I am in no way confirming a fan's choice poll, but I can tell you if one ever happened, we would make sure it was not "loaded" with an obvious winner.
    So in other words, it would be the exact opposite of the DCUC polls.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I thought it was funny too. I think every one could stand to take themselves a little less seriously at times. It's easy to get swept up in drama and start taking everything really personally. So taking a step back is never a bad thing.
    I couldnt agree more, i do think people are taking some of TGs posts a bit too far, ive been critical on TGs posts before and everyone is entitled to their opinion but it seems like TG is hounded everytime he makes a post and quite frankly i respect that TG does posts on these forums as he could just stick to matty to which i dont go too.
    [QUOTE=Zodach;2850194There's plenty of good stuff here and I don't see why people would be upset about a possible fan's choice poll. I don't agree 100% with everything Toy Guru says and does, but some of you take this way too personally [/QUOTE]
    Sad thing is i think people will be upset with a fan poll, to me id rather a fan poll and not have a character i wanted to win then no poll at all, i think it would be a great way to include the fans more into the motuc world.
    Snarky or not, why hasn't the rampant uncontrolled speculation resumed?!

I'd really like it if a poll included say ten choices, the top six of which would be included in the following year. Then the remaining four could be in the next year's poll along with six new choices. And so on it would go so long as sales and feedback on the options are all good. Heck, their presence on the poll might make them more desired. Is that realistic?

Also, how obscure are we talking about here? Is this like basically every mini comic character from King Hiss's bride to the delivery boy from Menace of Modulok? Is this one-shot Filmation characters like King Tamusk (okay, I know he has fans) and Queen Elmora from She-Demon of Phantos (ditto, me included)? Would you include hard to make guys like Sortech and Vormus from MYP in here? See they'd need smaller bucks because they were skinny sorcerers, so they could be included when and if a thinner buck was finally made for, say, Lizard Man or 200x Prince Adam in the regular line!

My impression is that Illumina would definitely be in one of the characters in this poll. What about her cat? Would there be one or two large item options for characters like that? What about other MVC-created characters like Might Bite and Waspor? Are they available and would you include them along with info about who they would be if they fit into MOTUC? Scott, I know you could have fun writing that. I assume Waspor and Might Bite were in the MVC pitch, and that Waspor had a design. If not...well, the Horsemen could actually sketch ideas.

And this brings me to another option. Have the Horsemen sketch all the potential figures in their own style to be shown with the poll!!!! If people had seen Mighty Spector's sketch before the figure, I think there would have been more positivity in the response to him when his figure was first shown (there would still have been descent naturally, there has been for every figure, but the sketch looked really good I thought). Look at what Royaltrus did with his fan staction contest a few years ago! He brought all the finalists into the same level of style and detail so that the characters were judged by how cool they would look instead of how cool they might look. I know, the Horsemen may not have time to do this. But then again, maybe they'd love it too! How long do you have before you'd have to offer up the poll? Next year's SDCC? That's a good amount of time for ten drawings!
    Thankyou for a post with some good constructive points. Was good to read instead of the TG bashings all the time.
    Wind Raider Pilot
    Goat-Man
    Illumina
    Plundor
    Songster
    The Scientists
    Chef Allan
    I really like this list, there are 3 characters im stuck on if i had to choose one. Personally i would love for a motuc poll, can it be done? Why not, surely Matty would have resources for it, they did a poll for WWE and motuc sell out all the time so please TG i hope this happens, would be fun and thats why we collect figurines, its fun.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Warrior
    ToyGuru and Mattel, work on getting 1987 MOTU movie rights for when this happens. And make it snappy.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    LOL

Nice...

Though I should point out that there were some cool options in the WWE poll... they don't ALL need to be D and E list characters

I would NOT be surprised at all to see Illumina on the list just to shut people up about her. If she wings, Great... if she loses, 'Hey, we TOLD you she wasn't popular enough...'

Personally I'd like to see some 'varients' tossed into the pool. The kind that had a figure, but hopefully nobody wants...
    Oh no, those ARE cool characters apart from the scientists, even if they are D and E listers. And frankly if it becomes a "we told you so, now shut it" kind of thing, that isn't going to foster good will. We should be looking for positives here, not more divisive sentiments.

Also I went with the "bottom of the barrel" options because If I added a more popular character, then the poll would lean towards that character... That's why there's no Shokoti, Crita, Sebrian, or Captain Randor
    Most of the ones on your list aren't the bottom of my barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    I really like this list, there are 3 characters im stuck on if i had to choose one.
    While it would be tough for some voters to make a choice (Illumina, snap!), my hope is that we'd end up getting the top six of a list like that, and not only one of them. If it's just one, I'd take issue with some of those characters that were already suggested to be welcome in the regular line. Goat-Man was even in the slide when they announced they had acquired the rights to more characters.

Most of the ones on your list aren't the bottom of my barrel.

While it would be tough for some voters to make a choice (Illumina, snap!), my hope is that we'd end up getting the top six of a list like that, and not only one of them. If it's just one, I'd take issue with some of those characters that were already suggested to be welcome in the regular line. Goat-Man was even in the slide when they announced they had acquired the rights to more characters.
    I can Honestly say that I Truly want HALF of my list (The Scientists are on the DO WANT side) but I hope that if they give us a list... Mattel better make sure that they WILL DO ALL the characters on the list, but the Winner is the one that gets bumped to a spot closer to the date that the winner of the "fan pick" is announced.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Yeah, let's encourage this kind of snarky attitude.

Thanks, friend.
    That "Rampant Speculation" comment was snarky, and we all know it.
    Ooops that was off course not in line with the 200, so it must be snarky.Please.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Wind Raider Pilot
    Goat-Man
    Illumina
    Plundor
    Songster
    The Scientists
    Chef Allan
    Oooh... that's a nice list... I'd probably give Chef Allen the edge over Illumina in my Wants column. That's right, I want a lovin' spoonful more than Illumina. Nya ha ha ha. *twirls handlebar mustache*

I'd take the whole list, even the Scientists... well, I mean, after I research the closest volcano... for vacation purposes... yeah... I'm taking the scientists for a once-in-their-lifetime visit to a volcano...
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I realize that this whole fan's choice poll is still a big IF and nothing's being confirmed.
    I also realize that things can change over the course of time, and what has been said in the past may change (i.e. like no essential characters being the sub exclusive figure until that all changed with Shadow Weaver).

So with that said:

....can we please hold you to that quote (Friday October 14th, 2011, 07:43am )

If there ever happens to be such a poll, and one of the choices is Ram Man, and the others are all obscure characters that even the hardcore MOTU fan may not have heard of, just remember that date when you look out the window of Mattel's HQ and see the pitchforks & torches.

The ORG gets a fan slot! - One from the .org and one from he-man.de!

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...ze=600&start=0

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    The ORG gets a fan slot! - One from the .org and one from he-man.de!
    Finally, a good decision by TG. I wonder if these will be included in the subscription or will be bonus figures.

AWESOMDE!!!

This could be our chance to get Illumina!
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I guess by next SDCC we'll see a lot of Spectors competing in the costume contest... (easiest MOTUC disguise I've seen...)
    Now How will the .org will choose the character to represent the .org on the fan pick...

Is it safe to assume that 2013 has already been given the green light?
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    AWESOMDE!!!

This could be our chance to get Illumina!

Nope. TG said no landslide characters. I'm guessing she's a landslide character.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    I didn't see it as snarky.
    Neither did I. Written text doesn't really have a tone per say, easy to misread on purpose or unintentionally.