Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Fan Choice in 2013!?!

If it truly is a fan choice then t hey need to let us decide who we want , not give us a list to choose from , that is really not free fan choice

We should be able to make our own vote and our own polls. Including Illumina or whomever we choose.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Nope. TG said no landslide characters. I'm guessing she's a landslide character.
    Scott would only consider her a landslide character because he doesn't like her or her creators. At least that's how it seems to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenlon View Post
    If it truly is a fan choice then t hey need to let us decide who we want , not give us a list to choose from , that is really not free fan choice

We should be able to make our own vote and our own polls. Including Illumina or whomever we choose.
    I agree Shenlon, but the way Mattel is cheap and wants to reuse everything they will never give us that much control. They choices will be characters that will use the basic bucks. No Dial-a-Mug!
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I feel this is a great gesture to the .Org! It also sounds like a great sub incentive! For me, it's a win/ win situation, though I'm sure plenty of people will disagree.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by skeletom View Post
    I feel this is a great gesture to the .Org! It also sounds like a great sub incentive! For me, it's a win/ win situation, though I'm sure plenty of people will disagree.
    It really is a great gesture and a perk for getting the 2013 sub. I just don't people should get their hopes up that it'll be a free for all on character selection.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Yeah, I definitely agree. There will most likely be a list of characters to choose from. Who knows, it's a long way out from SDCC!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Heroic Warrior
    It is a very nice move by Scott and Mattel, and If we are able to choose from Ilumina, she is by far IMHO the best choice to represent us.

Good news I just hope this doesn't mean I'm going to get stuck with an Illumina figure.

Sorry but I have no love for this character at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Good news I just hope this doesn't mean I'm going to get stuck with an Illumina figure.

Sorry but I have no love for this character at all.
    Just don't buy her
    As you know there are many other people that want her

I'm sure I'd buy Illumina, but there are 234 characters I'd like before her.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

I am quite happy to get Illumina in this way. Emiliano, would you be happy for Illumina to get the spot for he-man.org or would you like to design a new character for it?

It should be you and Val that gets the shot at this, it is only fair. More you than Val though

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Amen! I think Illumina is a great character, but I have empty spaces on my display shelves waiting for many other characters (SCORPIA) first.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I am quite happy to get Illumina in this way. Emiliano, would you be happy for Illumina to get the spot for he-man.org or would you like to design a new character for it?

It should be you and Val that gets the shot at this, it is only fair. More you than Val though
    I don't think that's what Mattel has in mind.
    We (as communty) would probably be given a list of possible characters and pick one, Illumina may not even be one of the options.
    And if she is and she doesn't get picked, I won't be surprised, I know there are way more popular characters out there
    But no, I don't think I'd do something new unless specifically requested. With all the goodies in The Power and The Honor Foundation Catalog, I'd rather see some of those first. And then there is always good old Might Bite, which I still think it's a pretty cool design

Quote Originally Posted by mk476 View Post
    Amen! I think Illumina is a great character, but I have empty spaces on my display shelves waiting for many other characters (SCORPIA) first.
    Just keep in mind we're talking about slots allocated specifically for very obscure characters.
    Scorpia doens't qualify as obscure
    Last edited by Emiliano; October 15, 2011 at 06:27pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    You sir have won this conversation.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    AWESOMDE!!!

This could be our chance to get Illumina!
    Maybe! I'm really excited and nervous at the same time! If D04M's list is what went ahead, I want Illumina, Songster AND Josh. I would vote for Illumina for sure, but MAN I want all three!

Also, WOOT-WOOT at the Might-Bite name drop by Emil!

Fan poll for very obscure characters. I'm sure they're not taking the spot of Ram-Man and such, just like the 30th Anniversary figures aren't.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The way I understood this was it was going to be like the Create-A-Character contest and each fan community could register their own characters. I am way off

Then how do Mattel know who are subscribers or not? This sounds like it could struggle with logistics

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    The way I understood this was it was going to be like the Create-A-Character contest and each fan community could register their own characters. I am way off

Then how do Mattel know who are subscribers or not? This sounds like it could struggle with logistics
    Yeah, I don't understand this part...unless they somehow e-mail us a unique code we have to input or something...but that sounds a little complex for a vote.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Yeah, I don't understand this part...unless they somehow e-mail us a unique code we have to input or something...but that sounds a little complex for a vote.
    And Digital River are supposed to cope with that? Logistics!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Just keep in mind we're talking about slots allocated specifically for very obscure characters.
    My bad. I am so dumb I didn't even pay attention to the obscure part when I was glancing through the news. Since it's a battle of the obscure characters Illumina can have my vote!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    My favourite obscure characters:

- Kamo Khan
    - Illumina
    - Strobo
    - Gray, secret identity of He-Ro
    - Songster
    - Wrapstor, Horde Mummy
    - Alien Zodac (200X sketch)
    - Spirit of Grayskull
    - Calix
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

The problem with speculating on this is that everyones list of "obsucre" characters is different. For instance, I see anyone that belongs to a faction should be an "obvious" shoe in to be the line, I think that they "deserve" to be in the line more then an Easter Bunny wannabe who doesn't even LIVE on Eternia, Etheria, or the Trisolar Galaxy. So a character like Dymalug is an "obvious" choice for me. But others have more of an attachment to Plundar then they do to Dymalug, then they throw Dymalug into the "obscure" catagory, where i put Plundar there. Its all relatve to everyones oponion, and Its going to come down to Mattels list not ours, as to who they consider as being obscure, we could hold polls here to see what fans think are "mainstream" characters, and who they think are obscure. Now obvisouly we need to create some sort of list to choose from , so start a thread advocating for characters to be candiates. At least this might give Mattel something to look at when they come here and "possibly steer" them in a direction in which a wide fan base took their time to come up with a good poll and took their time to come up with "their" comprehensive list.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I don't think that's what Mattel has in mind.
    We (as communty) would probably be given a list of possible characters and pick one, Illumina may not even be one of the options.
    And if she is and she doesn't get picked, I won't be surprised, I know there are way more popular characters out there
    But no, I don't think I'd do something new unless specifically requested. With all the goodies in The Power and The Honor Foundation Catalog, I'd rather see some of those first. And then there is always good old Might Bite, which I still think it's a pretty cool design

I was sure to ask a follow up question at the panel today about this.

The Fan Choice poll will have 8 characters. 6 will be characters that Mattel (likely Scott) deems "obscure."

One will be chosen by the Org. One will be chosen by he-man.de

He said they would be reaching out to the sites soon to set it up.

Apparently it will be up to US, as a group to decide who we send to the official poll.

It's a great idea in theory, but I have a feeling it's going to get ugly

Scott did say that it can't be a character like Ram Man, or anyone who is a nearly unique tool (Extendar, Gwildor, Odiphus, Loo-Kee).

I also think we need to keep in mind that characters like Mosquitor and Spikor are NOT obscure. We WILL DEFINITELY see them in the line.

The point of this poll, for the fans anyway, is to try to unify and pick an obscure character that Mattel wouldn't make otherwise, or one that might be pushed out to 2017.

Like Sweet Bee . Just kidding.

Illumina is a good choice. Strobo is another. Songster is another. Dark Dream, Malek, Koduk Ungol, The Wizardess (POP), Josh (POP), etc. These are obscure.

Characters like Darius and Mara from NA are also likely to see release sooner than later. So we probably shouldn't think of them as candidates. Characters like Shokoti and Lord Masque are obscure in a sense, but then they really aren't because almost everyone knows who they are, and I'm sure they've been slotted into the schedule already.

Let's be sure not to waste a slot on a character we KNOW will be released.
    Last edited by bcrduke; October 15, 2011 at 09:43pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

If TWIYPITOW wins, I riot

I hate fan votes, I always lose
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I was sure to ask a follow up question at the panel today about this.

The Fan Choice poll will have 8 characters. 6 will be characters that Mattel (likely Scott) deems "obscure."

One will be chosen by the Org. One will be chosen by he-man.de

He said they would be reaching out to the sites soon to set it up.

Apparently it will be up to US, as a group to decide who we send to the official poll.

It's a great idea in theory, but I have a feeling it's going to get ugly

Scott did say that it can't be a character like Ram Man, or anyone who is a nearly unique tool (Extendar, Gwildor, Odiphus, Loo-Kee).

I also think we need to keep in mind that characters like Mosquitor and Spikor are NOT obscure. We WILL DEFINITELY see them in the line.

The point of this poll, for the fans anyway, is to try to unify and pick an obscure character that Mattel wouldn't make otherwise, or one that might be pushed out to 2017.

Like Sweet Bee . Just kidding.

Illumina is a good choice. Strobo is another. Songster is another. Dark Dream, Malek, Koduk Ungol, The Wizardess (POP), Josh (POP), etc. These are obscure.

Characters like Darius and Mara from NA are also likely to see release sooner than later. So we probably shouldn't think of them as candidates. Characters like Shokoti and Lord Masque are obscure in a sense, but then they really aren't because almost everyone knows who they are, and I'm sure they've been slotted into the schedule already.

Let's be sure not to waste a slot on a character we KNOW will be released.
    Oh...that slide was misleading. I understand now. Eeek! Strobo will probably be included on the poll by Mattel. Hell, I'm sure he'll get made. That put him, Goatman and Lizard Man in their slideshow. They'll get made. If they show them in a slideshow, that means they want to make them.

Yeah strobo is an easy one for them to make they have all the parts to do so already. It should be someone, who is not all new tooling like Dymalug, but some who would require enough unique tooling make this vote really count. Who that is, I dont know yet.