Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Fan Choice in 2013!?!

Hey guys, does this fan choice figure take up a monthly sub. spot, a quarterly variant spot, or neither? Forgive me if this was spelled out and I just missed it.

It seemed like it would be a monthly figure, but that wasn't specified.

Oh!!

And it was stated:

In order to vote, you MUST be a 2013 Subscriber. Each subscriber will receive a code to place a vote.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I do love the work they're putting into pushing the subs. They're getting more innovative. The vote seems like a good idea, but I think it would be more cool if they made the winner the sub exclusive for 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by mk476 View Post
    I do love the work they're putting into pushing the subs. They're getting more innovative. The vote seems like a good idea, but I think it would be more cool if they made the winner the sub exclusive for 2013.
    That is true. I think the Fan Choice Poll is a cool idea.

I disagree about it being the exclusive. They kind of need to make a popular character the exclusive. I know everyone hates that idea, but it's the best business decision
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Why would they make the subscription exclusive something that only 200 people voted for? That would be like making a figure that only one person would want

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    In order to vote, you MUST be a 2013 Subscriber. Each subscriber will receive a code to place a vote.
    Oh, I was right on the code! I need Darth Vader, Captain Kirk and the guy from "A Street Car Named Desire" to yell "LOGISTICS!!!!!"
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The Fan Choice poll will have 8 characters. 6 will be characters that Mattel (likely Scott) deems "obscure."

One will be chosen by the Org. One will be chosen by he-man.de

Wait. I thought there were two Fan Choice characters that would be made. One chosen by us, one chosen buy the .de crew. Is that not the case?
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Logistics!!!!!!

"It seemed like it would be a monthly figure, but that wasn't specified."

Thanks Bcrduke.

I don't think the winner should take a monthly sub spot, as ultimately that could hurt sub sales. I do think its great that the fans can have input in selecting an obscure character sold in an additional sub, or outside of the sub.

However, if a potential buyer was primarily into Vintage and PoP for example, he may be concerned about the 6 or so sub figures that include NA, 200X, and an obscure character he may not have any desire to buy. Throw in variants like Snake MAA and that buyer may just give up on the sub completely.

Given how important this subscription business has become to Mattel it is a tricky balancing act to attract the most consumers to Club Eternia.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Wait. I thought there were two Fan Choice characters that would be made. One chosen by us, one chosen buy the .de crew. Is that not the case?
    Yeah, I think I've missed something too. There will be 8 choices in the Fan Poll. it's from this set of 8 that MOTUC subscribers from the .org will choose, and another from the same set of 8 will be chosen by he-man.de? And so does that mean only 2 characters of the 8 will become figures? And if only 6 of the 8 are figures deemed obscure by Mattel and Toyguru, who chooses the other 2? Or is that what he-man.org and he-man.de are choosing--in which case what are the guidelines for the actual fan vote (how many of the 8 can get chosen, what happens to "losers", etc.)?

Mostly I want to know how many figures will the fan votes produce, and will they be a separate line or part of the normal 12 figures in 2013? And what happens to figures on the list that don't win the vote? Doomed forever?

I think I agree that this will get ugly. It really depends on the consequences for not winning the poll. If that's really a death sentence, I don't like it.

Hmmmm, I was under them impression that the 2 fan choice figures would be outside the sub, as non-sub items. I could be wrong....I guess it would make sense that they are part of the sub, though, and that only sub members could vote for them. That would mean that, regardless of which characters won, they would be guaranteed sales, and no one would be responsible for the characters being made but the fans.

From my understanding of what Brian said, it sounds like this:

Mattel gives the .org and He-Man.de a list of the 6 pre-chosen characters. All members of this forum get to decide which 1 character we want put on that list of 6 characters. The winning character from the .org and .de get put on the list to make 8 characters. Not sure what happens next. ALL subscribers vote for their favourite on MattyCollector.com? Probably.

What happens to the 7 characters that lose? Not sure. They might get made in time if they have a significant amount of votes, probably. If Strobo (just as an arbitrary example) ends up only getting 5 votes out of 500 or something, Mattel will probably give him the axe though.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; October 16, 2011 at 12:20am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I have it worked out like this;

1) Mattel reveal the characters available
    2) He-man.org vote for what they want
    3) He-man.de vote for what they want
    4) ?????????
    5) Profit

So then there's only going to be one fan-chosen figure made in 2013? I guess that's better than nothing, but not what I hoped for and it only troubles me more since I know I'll want more than one of the other 7 figures.

Wait

LoL

maybe Scott misspoke but he said:

There will be 8 characters in the fan poll.

6 will be chosen by Mattel. 1 will be chosen by He-Man.Org. One will be chosen by He-Man.de.

Then the subscribers for 2013 will vote based on that kist of 8.

I might be wrong but that's what Scott said.

I edited my post to make it more clear. I think we're on the same page Brian!

Originally I thought the .org and .de got to choose 1 character each to be PRODUCED! That would have been BEYOND awesome! This is still good and I'm shocked and incredibly excited Mattel gave both of these sites this great honour of getting to select 2 possible choices! Thanks Mattel!

Also, @ the Underpants Gnomes reference!

Last edited by Darkspecter; October 16, 2011 at 12:23am.

Then the subscribers for 2013 will vote based on that kist of 8.
    Are they voting for just one in the end though, or are there runners up? Sorry, I guess I'm afraid of this just dooming 7 characters from ever getting made.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Are they voting for just one in the end though, or are there runners up? Sorry, I guess I'm afraid of this just dooming 7 characters from ever getting made.
    Maybe if this voting is well received, we will get a "fan vote" character every year! Eight characters take us to 2020!

Does this mean that if I have 2 subscriptions....

I get 2 votes??
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSmooth View Post
    I get 2 votes??
    I think it will just be one code per subscriber (not per subscription[s]), like the Battle Cat coupon. Right? I think that's how Mattel worked that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I think it will just be one code per subscriber (not per subscription[s]), like the Battle Cat coupon. Right? I think that's how Mattel worked that out.
    It might be a better business solution to do votes per subscriptions bought.
    This would be an incentive to get people to buy multiple subscriptions.

As for HOW we (as a community) are going to pick our character???
    I assume Val/Emiliano will be taking the reigns on this one.
    I agree with Brian (bcrduke) that the in-house fighting on this one may get very nasty.
    Also, I wonder if we will see a rise in new members of the ORG due to this.
    Doesnt HeMan.De ban U.S. IP addresses from joining? (EDIT: Scratch that! It was just my ISP and they fixed it )
    Last edited by Kowl; October 16, 2011 at 10:24am.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    It might be a better business solution to do votes per subscriptions bought.
    This would be an incentive to get people to buy multiple subscriptions.
    If Mattel/Digital River can handle that, I say GO FOR IT! It is a good point and rewards those who buy more product!

Doesnt HeMan.De ban US ISPs from joining?
    I don't know. I actually tried to join earlier today because I found out they have an Illumina Day thread over there! So...I'll let you know if I'm accepted or not!

There should be no US ISP ban on he-man.de!

If anyone has problems joining the he-man.de forums, please contact DJ Force or me! We'll look into this.

I think it's a good idea to give as many votes as you have subscriptions since as a subscriber you're going to end up getting whichever character is chosen. That also entices fans to buy multiple subscriptions.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; October 16, 2011 at 10:30am.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    I hate fan votes, I always lose
    I'll vote for you then. Either you, Chef Allen or Melaktha.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!