Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Fan Choice in 2013!?!

so only subscribers can vote?

Screw that, I don't care what gets picked in the end I'm not buying.

They are already putting the price up for us none-subbers and now more preferential treatment for ppl who are not on a low income or have other things more important to spend their money on.

Giving the subs and the ppl who have them all these little extras is not making me want to buy a sub, in fact quite the opposite, it is driving me closer and closer to quitting the line and saying screw you to motuc and mattel
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'd rather see Mattel working on a way to make it right with POP toy fans.
    There are 6 POP toys coming out over the next few months(and one of them is a beast). If Mattel is still supposed to make it right with POP fans, then NA fans must get ToyGuru's first born.

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    TG will probably get flamed for this, but this is one of the funniest things I've read today!
    If ToyGuru says "have a nice day" there will always be 20 different people ready to reply "what the hell is that supposed to mean?".
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; October 18, 2011 at 12:15am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

8 Characters enter one character leaves!!! Hell Yeah!!

Let the in house bickering for Org representative commence!
    I'd be very surprised if Illumina won. There are some obscure characters I'd want more before her.

I think that buying a sub to vote is great way to go about!!

Not that I wouldn't buy Illumina or don't like her but if she is as popular as some people claim, she will have no problem winning this thing right?!
    Last edited by Caesar; October 16, 2011 at 03:31pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    There are 6 POP toys coming out over the next few months(and one of them is a beast). If Mattel is still supposed to make it right with POP fans, then NA fans must get ToyGuru's first born.
    Those don't count for Tallstar. He is part of the "loud not numerous" group of POP fans that want MOTUC POP to resemble the original toys, not Style Guide or Filmation counterparts. Whether every POP fans agrees with him or not is another discussion
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Those don't count for Tallstar. He is part of the "loud not numerous" group of POP fans that want MOTUC POP to resemble the original toys, not Style Guide or Filmation counterparts. Whether every POP fans agrees with him or not is another discussion
    I forgot about that.

I wasn't trying to trash Tallstar though. I'm happy with all of the upcoming POP toys, but he has a right to voice his opinion too. I just don't think Mattel needs to make anything right with us unless a toy suffered from quality control.

JOIN THE GROUP...

In some respects, it might be easier for subscribers to vote. This way, it will be one vote per subscription. If it wasn't this way, then there could potentially be many votes coming from one person.

Being a Star Wars fan, this was a problem in voting about 10 years ago, but if I remember correctly, this has been corrected with some of the latest SW fan polls.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    The ORG gets a fan slot! - One from the .org and one from he-man.de!
    I know this is going to be met with boos & I'll be labeled a troll, but since there are quite a few sites that cover MOTU & POP, imo it kinda stinks that only 2 are singled out. If it was Matty's site it would make sense since it's owned by Mattel, but their picking the Org & He-Man.De would sting if I owned one of the other sites involved in the Matty Q&A's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    Oooh... that's a nice list... I'd probably give Chef Allen the edge over Illumina in my Wants column. That's right, I want a lovin' spoonful more than Illumina. Nya ha ha ha. *twirls handlebar mustache*
    I'm not against Illumina but I'd agree with you there. I said it as a joke the other day, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I'd actually really want a Chef Allen toy.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; October 18, 2011 at 01:35am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

I'll vote for you then. Either you, Chef Allen or Melaktha.
    hahaha

thanks for that
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I know this is going to be met with boos & I'll be labeled a troll, but since there are quite a few sites that cover MOTU & POP, imo it kinda stinks that only 2 are singled out. If it was Matty's site it would make sense it's owned by Mattel, but their picking the Org & He-Man.De would sting if I owned one of the other sites involved in the Matty Q&A's.
    It's probably just a numbers game. I don't know about He-man.de, but I think it's safe to say He-man.org is the biggest dedicated He-man community in the US by a fairly wide margin.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I know this is going to be met with boos & I'll be labeled a troll, but since there are quite a few sites that cover MOTU & POP, imo it kinda stinks that only 2 are singled out. If it was Matty's site it would make sense it's owned by Mattel, but their picking the Org & He-Man.De would sting if I owned one of the other sites involved in the Matty Q&A's.
    The .org and .de were picked because the .org is the largest US He-Man fan site and .de is the largest German He-Man fan site. Both countries represent the most sales of MOTUC product (as we learned in the past).

I love the chance we got here! It might have been cool if ALL 8 slots were chosen by different fan sites, but I understand Mattel wanting to have a "control" over which possible characters are on the voting list. I mean, if ALL characters turned out to be 1/2 a second shot in Filmation, guy tugging rope in mini-comic, etc. I think the head of Mattel would freak out a bit.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I still feel bad for the sites not given a chance, but since this is the only forum I really frequent these days and I'm about half German, I can't really complain.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I bet Toyguru set this up so he could watch us all go at it and battle each other. We are nothing but pawns in his game!

He IS the Gamemaster@!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I still feel bad for the sites not given a chance, but since this is the only forum I really frequent these days and I'm about half German, I can't really complain.
    Not all of those sites are exclusively He-Man and She-ra related. And those that are certainly wouldn't be deluded enough to think they have the longevity, history, or presence of the .org and .de.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Not all of those sites are exclusively He-Man and She-ra related. And those that are certainly wouldn't be deluded enough to think they have the longevity, history, or presence of the .org and .de.
    Yeah and they have "he-man" in their site's title.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I bet Toyguru set this up so he could watch us all go at it and battle each other. We are nothing but pawns in his game!

He IS the Gamemaster@!
    Oh my...I never thought of it like that before!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The guys already said it all. It's a way to reward the largest fan sites. Sorry, but not even Mattycollector can't compare.
    That said, no offense to He-Man.de, but that isn't the largest German site. PlanetEternia.de is, so I found strange that one was picked.

So to be more accurate this is a Subscribers Choice poll rather than a Fans Choice Poll...

Not exactly the kind of thing to prompt me getting a 2013 sub Im afraid.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I thing this is a great idea, and might be something to consider doing every year like some other lines do.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Well since I am not a subscriber because Mattel has it out for us people with free will even though we still buy their products. I guess my vote would not count. But Mattel can subscribe their lips to my big hairy white one. Get your mind out of the gutter I am talking about my butt.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Some of the one's I would like are

*Scorpia
    *Octavia
    *Castaspella
    *Mantenna
    *Jitsu
    *Two-Bad
    *Modulok
    *Multibot
    *Mosquitor
    *Rattlor

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Some of the one's I would like are

*Scorpia
    *Octavia
    *Castaspella
    *Mantenna
    *Jitsu
    *Two-Bad
    *Modulok
    *Multibot
    *Mosquitor
    *Rattlor
    FYI--Illumina won the .org vote, and Geldor won the .de vote. They will be included on the ballot with several other characters chosen by Mattel for the fan-choice figure vote after SDCC.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

I know that the voting will begin when the subscriptions start selling, but has a release date been projected for the Fan's Choice character yet?
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    FYI--Illumina won the .org vote, and Geldor won the .de vote. They will be included on the ballot with several other characters chosen by Mattel for the fan-choice figure vote after SDCC.
    I meant to write Illumina and I did vote for her :-)

I really hope Mattel chooses Scorpia for this fan vote. Hopefully then she'd win, so we are guaranteed to get her. I want her in 2013, NOT 2017 or even worse NEVER!
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I really hope Mattel chooses Scorpia for this fan vote. Hopefully then she'd win, so we are guaranteed to get her. I want her in 2013, NOT 2017 or even worse NEVER!
    She's not obscure at all though. Why choose a character that everyone thinks is popular? Of course, that's what they'll do to ensure that Illumina doesn't win.

Scorpia is coming... Don't worry

I just have a terrible feeling that Toyguru considers characters like Mermista, Angella, Flogg, and Blade to be "obscure," when they really aren't. They've been toys before.

I feel like these choices should be characters that maybe never had a figure form.

Orrrrr, they could just make Sweet Bee lol
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.