Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition! PUT OUT OF Monthly Subscription Snake Man-at-Arms

Quote Originally Posted by Hek-tor View Post
    I know fans want a classic 200x Evil-Lyn, but I remember when they talked about her on Roast Gooble Dinne about wanting a repaint in the 200x colors.
    Four or five people on a podcast would have been fine with the cheap repaint we're getting. I, and many others are not.

I want more for my money. Especially after we were expressly told by Mattel that the quarterly variants would not be cheap Battle Ground Evil Lyn quality repaints.

Maybe I misunderstood about the repaint.
    As far as some of us are concerned, I should say so.

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I'm not blinded by nostalgia.
    I am.

I like things in MOTUC to be JUST LIKE I REMEMBER™.
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I have no problem with this toy. Am I as happy as i would have been if they announced ram man? No, but this is still a cool addition to the line, and for those who haven't been able to get a man at Arms, this gives them a way to construct one

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I am.

I like things in MOTUC to be JUST LIKE I REMEMBER™.
    That's your choice and you're entitled to it. One of the big appeals of this line is nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Granamyr View Post
    They should just avoid making anything from MYP.
    No, they should avoid re-making an existing figure with just one tweak and passing it off as 'new'.

As many have said here, this 'Snake' Man-At-Arms would have been a lot better if they had made a bit more effort on him than juts the head. Where is his canon? Couldn't they have included an extra helmetless head? How about silver armor or perhaps something new?

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    You have created my new avatar. Thank you, Manglord.
    Ha Nice, you're welcome.

it's blown up in here.
    That head is siiik.
    Last edited by MANGLORD; October 16, 2011 at 09:42am.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    just one? Evil-Lyn would like to talk to you
    BG Evil-Lyn has a new head, new cape, spell casting hand, and glow-in-the-dark staff...what more do you want?
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    To me, they are both a waste. But that's just my opinion (as a vintage purist).
    I think you mean as a vintage card back purist. As a vintage toy purist, I’m glad to have a M@A that is closer to the classic toy colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I'm not blinded by nostalgia.
    Nostalgia is a preference, not a matter of blindness.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Nostalgia is a preference, not a matter of blindness.
    Some fans (no one in particular) instinctively resist change and new additions that vary from the familiar to such an extent that it seems to exceed mere personal preference at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    BG Evil-Lyn has a new head, new cape, spell casting hand, and glow-in-the-dark staff...what more do you want?
    I want Evil Lyn to be wearing anything but Teela's dress.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; October 17, 2011 at 01:45am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Pretty sad how some fans react.
    Seriously. Not to troll, but I think I finally understand why this place gets such a bad rap. I always wondered why so many MOTU fans spent so much time on other forums instead of here.

Whatever, I'm a huge 200x fan, so this figure is perfect, imo. I'd say from what I've seen so far, this is going to be the best year ever. I'm glad I finally decided to jump onboard.

What I really don't get is how fans want more characters and when we get them they're not happy.
    I think maybe it's come to the point where some guys should just step away for a little while. All this "killin teh lein" stuff may actually end up being the reason it does die.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    While I hope that more comes with and/or is done to this figure to make it stand out a bit more compared to the original MOTUC MAA figure, I don't want it separated from the sub. As a completest for this line, I want as many of the items that are coming out to be included in the sub when and where possible.

Plus at least this is still something of a logical variant. Granted, yes, it's an extra head that they could have given us with the original MAA or given to us some other way (i.e. how the Acala Skeletor head is coming with Demo Man), but looking at it from a "glass half full" perspective, I'd rather get a variant like this, which is actually based on something that occurred in one of the cartoon series or comics, rather than one of the more ridiculous variants that we got in the 200X line like the Samuri variants of He-Man, Skeletor, and MAA... or Martial Arts He-Man, Jungle Attack He-Man, etc. Plus even if they were to give us this head with another figure, then I'd have to go through the hassle of getting another regular MAA figure to put it on to display it along with the other heads that he originally came with.... and I'm sure many other fans are in the same boat in that respect.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; October 16, 2011 at 10:58am.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

does Snake Man-at-Arms come with any accessories other than the club and serpos ring? i missed out on the original MAA and it would seem pretty flimsy if that's all we got with this repaint.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    I'm gonna rub it in again. To all the people that said cherry pickers were bad and subscribers were the true fans HAHAHAHA. You know how many times I heard people say I will buy anything because I am a subscriber and a true fan. Well time to buy that snake MAA.
    I'm loving it!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

God I hope MAA doesn't come with a ponytailed second head. That's not even some anti-MYP bias since I don't want NA He-Man to sport one either. I like my heroes clean cut. The Duncan I know & love wouldn't be caught dead with one.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    God I hope MAA doesn't come with a ponytailed second head. That's not even some anti-MYP bias since I don't want NA He-Man to sport one either. I like my heroes clean cut. The Duncan I know & love wouldn't be caught dead with one.

But that's how they were in the cartoons. I mean, if you didn't like beards would you insist on a clean shaven Obi-wan?

I'd be more excited if he had his 200X blaster cannon and his helmetless head. Silver armor would be great for me, but as long as we get it in THE NEXT WEAPONS PAK I'll be good. I certainly hope he at least gets the bare head and repaints of his other weapons.

Still, I'm excited for him! I'm hoping for Snake Teela and Snake Mekaneck eventually...!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    But that's how they were in the cartoons. I mean, if you didn't like beards would you insist on a clean shaven Obi-wan?
    I guess when I said "clean shaven", I meant no long hair. Cartoon accuracy doesn't bother me anyways. I love Filmation, but I don't want Ram Man to have Slinkys for legs nor did I want Clawful to look like a dragon or Evil-Lyn to be white.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    Reverse that. I want a Tennis Coach Skeletor, with little white shorts that leave nothing to the imagination.
    The only bone of Skeletor's I want to see is his face.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; October 16, 2011 at 11:32am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    does Snake Man-at-Arms come with any accessories other than the club and serpos ring? i missed out on the original MAA and it would seem pretty flimsy if that's all we got with this repaint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I'm loving it!
    Well, as my previous post indicates, I'm pretty much fine with this variant, so I'm glad to have him in the sub.

HOWEVER, I should point out that while both BG Evil-Lyn and this new version of Man-At-Arms both reuse the same body and armor/clothing sculpts from their first releases with some kind of new head included, Evil-Lyn got a whole new paint/color scheme, while Man-At-Arms has mostly the same color scheme as his first release (and as others have pointed out, his silver "VS. The Snakemen" color scheme would have been a logical option).

As such, I'm going to now going to protest this on the basis that Evil Lyn is getting preferential treatment over MAA, and I consider this to be sexism against men! This gross inequality will not stand and I will not rest until Mattel, ToyGuru, and the 4HM explain themselves for this clear, obvious case of inequality and how they could possibly ever let something this offensive happen! This will not stand!!!!!!!!!!!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    I'm not even sure what this means, but it sounds like something you go to prison for.
    I...um...like snake MAA. Please don't violate me.
    Actually it's what happens when you get to prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    3) I thought being "taken for the ass" was a good thing.
    "Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum,
    What might be right for you, may not be right for some.

Because it takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.
    Yes it does.
    It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world."
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; October 16, 2011 at 11:41am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I like this figure, so I'm happy with having it in the sub, but I agree that "Serpent Claw MAA" colors would definately have made this figure a much more worthwhile variant. I guess its too late for a complete repaint according to what toyguru has said in the past. I'd sign a petition to have the figures colors changed to Serpent Claw colors any time!

I was originally going to joke that this was Mattel's way of quieting 2002 fans.

"You don't like the Snake Man-At-Arms? Then we won't make anymore 2002 variants."

Then I remembered how many conspiracy theories there are already floating around this forum. No need to add one more.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I was originally going to joke that this was Mattel's way of quieting 2002 fans.

"You don't like the Snake Man-At-Arms? Then we won't make anymore 2002 variants."

Then I remembered how many conspiracy theories there are already floating around this forum. No need to add one more.

Im sure its too late lol
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Really? It looks practically the same to me. Aside from the tube on his chest armor and the red section of his belt, the differences are very, VERY subtle.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2&d=1318730337
    um, look closer at the loin cloth and boots.

but yes, it is very similar.

i do wish they would paint the armor silver like the 200x version.

btw, this figure is less of a repaint than faker. just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Man-At-Arms doesn't have a worthwhile variant.
    I guess you haven't seen Assless Chaps Man-At-Arms(with twirling mustache action) have you?

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    Kobra Khan is an Evil Warrior. I refuse to except that MYP **** they did to him.
    Here is where I'll support you 100%! Kobra Khan was an Evil Warrior before there ever were Snake Men. I don't care if it was retconned by MYP or even Mattel later on during the vintage line, but Khan will never be a Snake Man to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I think what this all comes down to is that most dot orgers prefer the card back colors. The die hard dot orgers already have the M@A that they want. I think what needs to be understood is that many of the non-org MOTUC customers have a higher regard for the classic toy and/or the Filmation colors than the card back colors. Had the original MOTUC M@A come in classic toy colors, and this new Snake M@A been in cardback colors, the org would be saying, “finally, the right color M@A. Yay!” So I don't think this has anything to do with how different or not the color scheme is but rather that most orgers already have the color scheme they want.
    I really don't think there's any proof of that. I see far more "die hard" Filmation, POP, & 2002 fans than I do cardback supporters(on this site or any other). Other than Man-E-Faces, I can't think of any other character where the support for the cardback version was visibly greater than the vintage toy or animated colors. If anything, I'd say the vintage toy colors usually have the most support outside of the 4H and some very vocal forum members.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    And, on a side note...seeing "Taken for the ass" loses its charm after the hundredth time. I'm just sayin' is all. I'm not pointing at anyone in particular. But we could already use a new joke.
    I agree. Let it die like the Macarena.

That's what I'm referring too. MouTC is based on the classic look, so why would they be upset on getting a yellow Evil-Lyn considering the vintage was also a repaint with a new head? I know fans want a classic 200x Evil-Lyn, but I remember when they talked about her on Roast Gooble Dinne about wanting a repaint in the 200x colors. I have to go back and see if I can find the episode. Maybe I misunderstood about the repaint.
    Also, since the bio alludes to the fact that Evil-Lyn's skin changed colors due to her losing her powers, I'd just assumed the same was true for her outfit. Yellow Lyn is powered up while Battleground is powered down. I can see someone who doesn't like her original outfit being disappointed, but as someone who does, I was happy with her Battleground variant.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I figured this could be posted here as well. Thanks to Darkspecter;

Originally Posted by Darkspecter
    8) Snake MAA, will he have the arm cannon from 200X? CornBoy (4H): It's not in there right now (something else, inaudible). TG: Right now he doesn't, it's something we talked about. We want to make sure he's plused up with something a lot more than just a head. We'll keep looking into that. If it's in the budget we'll get to it
    Do you know how sad all of those knee-jerk reactions look now? Now why should ToyGuru treat us with respect again?
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; October 16, 2011 at 12:58pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

they can give us only the snake head and the ring with a next snakemen like kobra khan !

only 1 head and one ring for $30 is only a ''taken for the ass''

they must add a second head, a different paint of the armor and the gun for make a great figure!

we are gonna pay $30 only for an extra head !!!

sick and tired of this !!!