Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition! PUT OUT OF Monthly Subscription Snake Man-at-Arms

This figure is "taken for the ass!"

Last edited by RockinHard; October 15, 2011 at 06:43pm.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I love you crazy Italians

...revealing the secret accessories:

fresh: for cherry pickers;
    feel: for subholders;
    hot: for 30th anniversary subholders...

to each his (or their, as you wish) own!

ps
    austin, no offense: just a joke!
    senza offesa: è solo uno scherzo!

MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

I gotta agree with the consensus here and say it's a lazy figure.

A few new accessories would really make this figure IMO. The 200x cannon arm would be perfect or even a new pistol and sword with a snake-motif would be awesome.

Anyone else this figure was done just to lighten up the 4H's load?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    At least he's not Illumina.

Agreed.

You have created my new avatar. Thank you, Manglord.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

For some reason now the whole web page is in Italian , have we angered the Italians ?

Yep, that's a pretty sad variant figure. Is there anyway to get out of my subs for next year?
    END OF LINE

I don't get all the hate. It is a refresh of a popular character, with a cool bonus accessory included (the new head). I like him just fine. I do hope that the mace he comes with is not bendy like the original.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I love it!!! Every thread that I see *****ing for variants well here you go. I have complained in every variant thread for new characters and not cheap and easy repaints or one added piece variants. Don't let Mattel get a cheap way out. Yet I was the voice of one. You people wanted these cheap and easy variants now deal with it.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I don't get all the hate. It is a refresh of a popular character, with a cool bonus accessory included (the new head). I like him just fine. I do hope that the mace he comes with is not bendy like the original.
    Apart from the blue tank, it's just a straight-up re-release of MAA with a new head. Yeah, the alternate head is a welcome addition, but he seriously needs a deco change or something. If I wanted a snake-headed MAA that was exactly the same as the original MAA I could just put my palace guards snake head on my original MAA and save $30.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Don't give Mattel ideas. They will say fans prefer variants of characters. Then we'll be getting Baby Sitter Skeletor and Tennis Coach Teela.
    Reverse that. I want a Tennis Coach Skeletor, with little white shorts that leave nothing to the imagination.
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    I love it!!! Every thread that I see *****ing for variants well here you go. I have complained in every variant thread for new characters and not cheap and easy repaints or one added piece variants. Don't let Mattel get a cheap way out. Yet I was the voice of one. You people wanted these cheap and easy variants now deal with it.
    Plenty of fans want variants with some effort put forth, not cheap repaints. That's why fans took Toyguru to task for his idea of what a 200X He-Man would be like. Fans wanted more of a reason to buy that variant than a repainted He-Man with a new harness.

Snake MAA isn't a bad figure, but if he would have had his 200X Arm Cannon and maybe his unhelmeted head, 2 things fans have been asking for since the line started, it would have spiced this repaint up a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Apart from the blue tank, it's just a straight-up re-release of MAA with a new head. Yeah, the alternate head is a welcome addition, but he seriously needs a deco change or something. If I wanted a snake-headed MAA that was exactly the same as the original MAA I could just put my palace guards snake head on my original MAA and save $30.
    There is the brown fur on the armor and loincloth too, as opposed to the green fur on the original release.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

That is all he needs to change nearly everyone's opinion, a ponytail head and an arm cannon. Toyguru is currently online so hopefully he will give some more info on this figure.

Apart from being a simple repaint, that head sculpt is awesome

I'm hoping they have some extra accessories. Actually this might be the figure that drago mans extra weons come with.

My gripe is that why diecadt the serpent ring. They complain about costs then why do that.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I'm underwhelmed with Snake MAA, out of subscription please!! i don't to spend $20 for one figure thath i yet have! I don't want it in the sub either.

wOw ! Easy repanits like this so soon after BG Evil-Lyn Tunic Story ???????? Scott, you & Mattel must be very BOLD !!!

It would have been a better choice for 2013 Or 2014 ! But now, we need variants like 200X King Hiss, 200X/Filmation King Randor ETC !

Heck, even variants like Filmation Skeletor Or Filmation Hordak would sell 500+ more than this S-M-A-A !!

Yeah.... S-M-A-A-LLLLLLLLLLL thought by Mattel ! What an "EXCELLENT" 1st 200X variant ????

BUT, I dont think kicking him "OUT OF SUB" is going to work well !! Things like this could easily back fire on either sides !
    Last edited by TUC138; October 15, 2011 at 07:25pm.

Don't forget, he comes with the mini comic. That in itself should be a deal sealer

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    There is the brown fur on the armor and loincloth too, as opposed to the green fur on the original release.
    Still not enough to justify an extra $30, IMO. I agree that if they included a 200x head and cannon it would soften the blow even though I have no interest in 200x-styled figures. I also think it'd be nice to have a snake-themed weapon included for those who would display him in snake form so he doesn't just look like MAA with a snake face.

This is the laziest figure they have produced as part of the sub yet. I am not a fan. The Serpent Ring is something that could have easily been included with a proper Snake Men character, and the "snakified" MAA head- while a decent sculpt- is not enough to warrant me dropping $20 plus shipping and taxes. There should have been some additional accessories or armor pieces (like the 2002 arm cannon) to beef this release up. If they continue down this road, I don't really want any more repaint "variants" along the lines of BG Evil-Lyn and Snake MAA and would rather they just stick with the likes of Dragon Blaster Skeletor, Flying Fists He-Man, etc. or do away with the quarterly variant slot altogether in favor of yet-to-be-introduced-into-the-line characters (be they Filmation, classic MOTU, PoP, whatever). There is sooo much to get to, and so little time... that Snake MAA really just seem like a waste of time IMO. That said, the line's been chugging for over three years now and this is the first figure that has really bugged the big bones out of me... so I guess I was bound to get a stinker at some point in this line?
    Last edited by zodak74; October 15, 2011 at 07:21pm.

Quote Originally Posted by austin81 View Post
    Are you with me?

This figure is only a taken for the ass !
    I'm not even sure what this means, but it sounds like something you go to prison for.
    I...um...like snake MAA. Please don't violate me.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Since everyone is full of jokes and remembering all the comments of "would you rather have X or Ram-Man", I'm just going to go out and say it...

Snake Man-At-Arms took the spot of Ram-Man!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Snake Man-At-Arms took the spot of Ram-Man!
    That would cause one heck of a riot.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Plenty of fans want variants with some effort put forth, not cheap repaints.

Snake MAA isn't a bad figure, but if he would have had his 200X Arm Cannon and maybe his unhelmeted head, 2 things fans have been asking for since the line started, it would have spiced this repaint up a bit more.
    I agree 100%.

The character, or for that matter the figure, isn't bad it just seems lazy. I want a Snake MAA and I'll be happy to add this figure to my collection BUT it needs more than a simple head swap and a redeco. This is the kind of thing that the TRU 2 packs were for. I just don't think a new head and a ring is enough for a release, especially if all of the original MAA weapons that were released with the first figure aren't included. If Mattel was going to omit the pistol and swords, they should have replaced them with some new stuff.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    This is the laziest figure they have produced as part of the sub yet. I am not a fan. The Serpent Ring is something that could have easily been included with a proper Snake Men character, and the "snakified" MAA head- while a decent sculpt- is not enough to warrant me dropping $20 plus shipping and taxes. There should have been some additional accessories or armor pieces (like the 2002 arm cannon) to beef this release up. If they continue down this road, I don't really want any more repaint "variants" along the lines of BG Evil-Lyn and Snake MAA and would rather they just stick with the likes of Dragon Blaster Skeletor, Flying Fists He-Man, etc. or do away with the quarterly variant slot altogether in favor of yet-to-be-introduced-into-the-line characters (be they Filmation, classic MOTU, PoP, whatever). There is sooo much to get to, and so little time... that Snake MAA really just seem like a waste of time IMO. That said, the line's been chugging for over three years now and this is the first figure that has really bugged the big bones out of me... so I guess I was bound to get a stinker at some point in this line?
    Well done variants are great! But cheap variants are terrible!

Mattel should have learned this lesson with the lack of Ghostbusters subs. People want variants to be worth the $30, especially if it's taking up a slot for something like Snake Armor He-Man.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I'm gonna rub it in again. To all the people that said cherry pickers were bad and subscribers were the true fans HAHAHAHA. You know how many times I heard people say I will buy anything because I am a subscriber and a true fan. Well time to buy that snake MAA.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!