Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was Snake Man-at-Arms the original 2011 sub exclusive?

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar

Was Snake Man-at-Arms the original 2011 sub exclusive?

Just a thought - they said that (of course) Shadow Weaver wasn't the original sub exclusive.

They also said that the original sub exclusive was still an option, and they might get to it later in the year.

And finally, SMAA is a variant with seemingly little new tooling, and no huge visual change beyond the head. Similar "non-essential" thought process to the original rationale for sub exclusives?

From what folks are saying on twitter, it sounds like Toy Guru said Horde Prime was intended as the exclusive before Shadow Weaver...

Sallah

i would not doubt that.. he would have mad a good sub figure...
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

Elder Councilman
    But how would that have been possible?

The design of the helmet is strikingly similar to his Filmation counterpart, and his alternate head came from the UK Comics: two sources they supposedly had zero access to until recently.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    But how would that have been possible?

The design of the helmet is strikingly similar to his Filmation counterpart, and his alternate head came from the UK Comics: two sources they supposedly had zero access to until recently.
    They would have called him Horde Supreme and not included the alternate head. As for the similarities between the helmet and FILMation, well...Shadow Beast, Palace Guards, etc...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    From what folks are saying on twitter, it sounds like Toy Guru said Horde Prime was intended as the exclusive before Shadow Weaver...

Sallah
    Really? Hmmm. Well...I can say I'm happy Horde Prime wasn't the exclusive as I need at least two of him so I can make the UK comics version (purple). Not sure if I should try to make the other two versions of him...that seems a bit much.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Hmmm... that's interesting! I wonder how people would have felt about that as the exclusive? Definitely a more take-it-or-leave-it exclusive. I would have gone for it though.

I feel that he would've made a perfect exclusive... If I had the funds * and he was the sub exclusive, I would've subscribed. Not so much for Shadow Weaver... (while I want her more, the whole throwing Weaver as the Exclusive rubbed me the wrong way...)

If it was SM@A I would've skipped it and laughed so hard that I would've peed myself...

*=(In order for me to subscribe I'd need to have ready at least over 50% of the sub total cost at the times that they were open...)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Perhaps people would have felt less a taken for the ass had Shadow Weaver and Snake MAA been interchanged.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Snake MAA was not the original sub exclusive.

He was done to save some money because the tooling budget was spread to a lot of other things.

That's reasonable. Someone at the NYCC panel asked if his 200X arm cannon would be included.

It seemed like the guys hadn't thought of that, and they said that it would be a good possibility. I yelled out, "you'll sell more "

I wouldn't be surprised to see the arm cannon included now. The figure is pretty sparse otherwise.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

They hadn't thought of that!?!

They have a focus group here with suggestions for nearly every character, how could they not have used this resource?

Ponytail head and arm cannon for the win! I'm not a huge MAA fan as it is (for a bunch of figures of him, I mean)...but the arm cannon and ponytail head would be very pleasing!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Heroic Painting Warrior GLJossan's Avatar
    Behind Sorceress' shower curtain with a camera... Better known as NJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    They would have called him Horde Supreme and not included the alternate head. As for the similarities between the helmet and FILMation, well...Shadow Beast, Palace Guards, etc...
    Shadow Beasts and Palace guards belonged to mattel, cause if they didn't they wouldn't have been in 200X.

Quote Originally Posted by GLJossan View Post
    Shadow Beasts and Palace guards belonged to mattel, cause if they didn't they wouldn't have been in 200X.
    Yes, but I was referring to the overall look of the figures, which is FILMation-esque.

Yes, but I was referring to the overall look of the figures, which is FILMation-esque.
    True, though couldn't that be said about like.... the regular He-Man per say? lol

True, though couldn't that be said about like.... the regular He-Man per say? lol
    Not especially. The regular He-Man looks exactly like his vintage release. So not sure where you're going with that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    They hadn't thought of that!?!

They have a focus group here with suggestions for nearly every character, how could they not have used this resource?
    remember according to tg we are a small minority so why would they look here anymore.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Not especially. The regular He-Man looks exactly like his vintage release. So not sure where you're going with that.
    In the original release he didn't have painted gauntlets, in the cartoon they were orange and on the figure now they are orange. In Filmation the shadow beasts were like blue or dark purple or something like that and honestly are as close to the MOTUC as Filmation He-Man is. But either way I'm not saying your point is wrong. just think your example has a hole.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

He was done to save some money because the tooling budget was spread to a lot of other things.

That's reasonable. Someone at the NYCC panel asked if his 200X arm cannon would be included.

It seemed like the guys hadn't thought of that, and they said that it would be a good possibility. I yelled out, "you'll sell more "

I wouldn't be surprised to see the arm cannon included now. The figure is pretty sparse otherwise.
    That someone was me.
    Last edited by GLJossan; October 15, 2011 at 10:00pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

In the original release he didn't have painted gauntlets, in the cartoon they were orange and on the figure now they are orange. In Filmation the shadow beasts were like blue or dark purple or something like that and honestly are as close to the MOTUC as Filmation He-Man is. But either way I'm not saying your point is wrong. just think your example has a hole.
    Well, the lack of orange on the gauntlets was due to cost cutting. He had the orange gauntlets in the mini-comics. Either way, the design of them is not FILMation.

Regarding the Shadow Beasts, well, this has been discussed to death from one end of the forum to the other, so I'll leave that one alone, except to say you can color a Smurf red and it's still a Smurf.

Well, the lack of orange on the gauntlets was due to cost cutting. He had the orange gauntlets in the mini-comics. Either way, the design of them is not FILMation.

Regarding the Shadow Beasts, well, this has been discussed to death from one end of the forum to the other, so I'll leave that one alone, except to say you can color a Smurf red and it's still a Smurf.
    Hey never said I didn't have holes in my examples as well lol, and I'm a big 200X fan, so I want a new head for my Shadow Beasts. that's my only complaint.

I can see Prime having been the exclusive. Glad he's not, as I may get two!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Prime would have been an amazing exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

But you know who the original sub figure was prior to Shadow Weaver being announced!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Prime would have been an amazing exclusive.
    But all he is a repaint of Hordak with new accessories and a helmet.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    But all he is a repaint of Hordak with new accessories and a helmet.
    He has SOOO many new pieces! He has at least 10 new pieces! He might have more. It's hard to tell because his mask covers some things besides his surprise head. He also has corrected Roboto shoulders (TG said fixing Roboto or Hiss' shoulders count as "new parts" because they have to be retooled since the "L" and "R" are on the wrong shoulders. So...that could be considered 12 new pieces). The average figure has 5 new pieces.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; October 16, 2011 at 02:11am.

No he isn't. That's not even close to being accurate.