Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SNAKE Man-at-Arms THREAD

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

SNAKE Man-at-Arms THREAD

I don´t like that a figure with so little changes is on the sub, but if we have to deal with it, I hope, it will include a regular MAA head, in order we can at least, resell it as a Man-at-arms figure.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I'm just confused whether he comes with the M-A-A knife and blaster? If not, it kind of makes you wonder if he was planned as far back as the first Weapons Pak as the blue-hued blaster and knife will go well with him.

Isn't the Snake MAA taken for the ass thread exactly the same as this?

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    This is the type of figure that makes me glad I stuck to my guns and didn't get a sub. Snake MM is just too plain for me. I would have preferred his armor to be silver like in the MYP cartoon when MAA was changed.
    Even and additional ponytail head & other weapons wouldn't be worth it to me.

I'm not really lookin' forward to him, but...eh. Whatever. I'll probably just use the body for my other MAA head or something. I do wish they had taken this opportunity to add in something like a classicized 200X arm blaster or SOMETHING else....but oh well.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I think this would be the "support" thread or "official" thread, while the "taken for ass" thread is the negative thread.

While I like the repaint, I think that it should have come with an unmasked head and 200X Arm Cannon, stuff we've been asking for since 2008.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I'll be getting him because of the sub and I hope he comes with more then shown. As it stands now the snake MAA head will become another Palace Guard and the ring will go to his. Probably use this body with the MAA head.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

While I like the repaint, I think that it should have come with an unmasked head and 200X Arm Cannon, stuff we've been asking for since 2008.
    Agreed. I think I've just come to expect more out of these variant figures now that they are in the sub.

I've seen a few reports saying he comes with another head. Anyone down at NYCC can confirm this?? Also was he completely finished?? Sometimes they rush these things to be shown. Maybe this will finally explain the snake man head for the Palace Guards pack.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I'm just confused whether he comes with the M-A-A knife and blaster? If not, it kind of makes you wonder if he was planned as far back as the first Weapons Pak as the blue-hued blaster and knife will go well with him.

I thought the blue gun & sword from the first weapons pack was supposed to go to Kronis. I could've sworn I heard a long time ago TG mentioned that it was going to come with Kronis but didn't cost out along with the arm and new head.
    Last edited by hlinhk128; October 15, 2011 at 06:47pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hero of Fabulous Secrets
    It BETTER be the helmet less head. We already have a head with the mustache. And it's true, if he's not in the silver colors... He at least better come with the blaster. Otherwise - MISS MISS MISS!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I'm wondering this as well. Otherwise he will have empty slots on the back of his armor...

Overall I like this figure but I agree with every one else on the arm cannon. It would of really made the difference and cut down on the amount of complaints.

Heroic Warrior
    I won't buy this figure. In my opinion, it's not worth the money wer're asked to spend for it. We should get the real Snakemen before any "snakeified" variant. And we shoud get smarter, better variants than this (give me Dragon Blaster Skeletor, Flying Fists He-Man or veen Shower Power Catra any time, but NOT this kind of cheap repaint).

I think it's shameful and a scandal that Snake MAA comes with the ring and the second part of the comic "The Powers of Grayskull". This is a trap so people will be lured into buying him anyway. I won't. I'll pass on this figure.

Snake MAA's lack of accessories is another proof of Mattel's "make a quick buck for a lesser investment" policy.

Mo-Larr, Spector and now Snake MAA turned me from a completist to a cherry-picker.

Snake MAA is the reason why I'm happy I didn't buy the subscription.

The door is now opened to 200x-like lame variants. I now really belive the line may be in danger soon. What makes me furious is that we have tons of awesome characters to get - and most of them are the ones who have more unique sculpted parts - , and that we now seem to get the cheaper, less expensive to produce figures.

We also want more different characters, and now we get more and more variants or repaints (TOD Sorceress, Spector, Snake MAA...).

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    I've seen a few reports saying he comes with another head. Anyone down at NYCC can confirm this?? Also was he completely finished?? Sometimes they rush these things to be shown. Maybe this will finally explain the snake man head for the Palace Guards pack.

I thought the blue gun & sword from the first weapons pack was supposed to go to Kronis. I could've sworn I heard a long time ago TG mentioned that it was going to come with Kronis but didn't cost out along with the arm and new head.

Hmmm... maybe... but then I thought the black Optikk gun and shield were for Kronis! LOL. That's where I put them anyway.

I did wonder about the other head... I was under the impression it was just the normal M-A-A head so you could make a normal M-A-A if you wanted in 200X colors.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I like the figure and color combo. Its an easy buy for me.

i'm glad he's in the sub! I enjoy this line so much that I can be happy with something like this. And Horde Prime/ Supreme is a killer figure!!! I'm so pumped for this coming year in motu!!!!!

Maybe he'll come with Keldor's 200x blades like the regular version came with He-Man's 200x sword?
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I think this would be the "support" thread or "official" thread, while the "taken for ass" thread is the negative thread.

Agree. I feel cheated by mattel. 20+ for the exact same figure with a different head. I would be ok if we got 2 heads like the original.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

The black Optikk gun & shield could work well for him too but I gave them to Optikk. I was also thinking of the 200X Whiplash weapon repainted as well. He has so many weapon options....

This is also where I first saw it but I don't have weapons pack one.

http://www.thefwoosh.com/wp-content/.../02/kronis.jpg

The blue blaster and knife were for Kronis.

Also I have a feeling that this would be the figure that dragomans extra weapons will come with. If so this is like a free pass on a figure for mattel. The only new tooling would be the serpent ring and half a maa head.

Also I said it sow where else today why would they consider die casting the serpent ring. We don't have any other die cast weapons why start now. And tg is always *****ing about cost.I. Sure that would bring the cost way up when they could use that money for another weapon or alt head.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Whats this "ass" acronym everyone keeps using?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dagodfather View Post
    Whats this "ass" acronym everyone keeps using?
    Here. Austin created a brand new .org catchphrase that had everyone in stiches

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I was wondering about that.

Also as I am catching up through other threads it looks like MAA is more 200x toy accurate colours as opposed to the cartoon colours.

I'm hoping he has more, I originally had kept my figs sealed but then bought a few to open and switched gears and became an opener. I discovered way late my MAA had a bad arm and it was too late for DR to do anything about him so I could use a new one.

I can understand that but all it means now is we have two threads were people are posting that this figure is a waste of a spot

I am going to go out on a limb and say this thread is a waste of a spot on the forum. This is the exact same thread with a different title. It is lazy.

In fact, you know what? I am going to go create a thread about how I don't want this thread on my forum when it is just a simple redo of an existing thread

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    The snake head looks AWESOME!

Honestly, I hope he does NOT get the 200X Snake Armour MAA colour scheme. In the cartoon, he's the same colour, just silver chest armour and shoulder pad. Silver chest armour and/or arm and leg piece in a Weapons Pak = awesome for those that want that. SMAA's current colour scheme is actually the colour scheme I wanted for the first Man-At-Arms (lighter greens and browns)!

I would only like ONE change to the actual figure: use the long, King Grayskull loin cloth:

Pieces I would like to see added: cannon arm and ponytail head, please!

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    The snake head looks AWESOME!

Honestly, I hope he does NOT get the 200X Snake Armour MAA colour scheme. In the cartoon, he's the same colour, just silver chest armour and shoulder pad. Silver chest armour and/or arm and leg piece in a Weapons Pak = awesome for those that want that. SMAA's current colour scheme is actually the colour scheme I wanted for the first Man-At-Arms (lighter greens and browns)!

I would only like ONE change to the actual figure: use the long, King Grayskull loin cloth:

http://drh2.img.digitalriver.com/DRH...izeimage07.jpg

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...-at-arms_f.jpg

Pieces I would like to see added: cannon arm and ponytail head, please!

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...arms_canon.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...bs/teela22.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...and-randor.jpg

Oh love the long loin cloth idea, I just dont understand no 200X hand cannon, seems like a no brainier
    the ignore list is my new best friend

While I don't necessarily agree that this figure is taken for the ass (whatever that means!) I do think he could use some extra panache:

-Silver Snake Armor! (if not, that just HAS to be in the next Weapons Pak!!!)
    -200X mega blaster (Classicised, of course)
    -helmetless, topknot ponytailed head (same face though)
    -new weapons for the back, or at least repaints! It's barren!

I don't care if the ring is die cast, but some of this has to happen! And I mean it on the silver armor-if not here, NEXT PAK!
    -
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!