Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: SNAKE Man-at-Arms THREAD

The gold accents are AMAZING. Seriously, I love this figure. Got an extra to make a 200X Duncan with moustache. The Snake head turned out fantastic too. Finally having it in hand, it's just blown me over how it really gives a new lease on life to a (fantastic) sculpt I was already very familiar with. The paints are just superb and the parts use is fantastic. Non-moustache Duncan's head will finally be used on the first M-A-A and stand proudly next to my blonde-haired Teela (and Oolar if/when they make him) now.

Too bad they didn't use this much paint applications on Horde Prime and made him look the way he originally did. But this SMAA is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    I also wondered why King Hsss wasn't on the back of the card!
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    The gold accents are AMAZING. Seriously, I love this figure. Got an extra to make a 200X Duncan with moustache. The Snake head turned out fantastic too. Finally having it in hand, it's just blown me over how it really gives a new lease on life to a (fantastic) sculpt I was already very familiar with. The paints are just superb and the parts use is fantastic. Non-moustache Duncan's head will finally be used on the first M-A-A and stand proudly next to my blonde-haired Teela (and Oolar if/when they make him) now.
    I couldn't agree more. I was not looking forward to this figure and was pleasantly surprised when I got him. I wonder if they skimped on the Horde Prime paint to beef up this dude?

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    This is gonna sound like somewhat of a stretch, but it was the gold accent paint job on the armor that actually kinda won me over. This armor just looks so much better for a standard Man-At-Arms figure. I don't give a damn about the Snake head and the Serpent Ring goes to King Hiss imo. For the TAKEN FOR THE ASS™, "cheapness" of a variant this seemed to initially be...they sure went to town on that paint job!

This also goes to show you that they could EASILY sell straight up repaints (with new accessories) as quarterly variant figures. Especially if they get a bomb paint job. I'll take a SINISTER, Green Trap Jaw, Mattel! Just go to town on that paint job! Give him some dark, scary eyes like the 200x variant.

I wish Stinkor's accessories were two toned as originally shown. Sometimes an A+ paint job makes all the difference on these figures for me.
    I absolutely agree. A paint job can make all the difference. SMAA has become my go-to Duncan, and TRU Merman is substantially different than his standard MOTUC cousin.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

I'm guessing the new (and large) new parts needed for Horde Prime limited his paint apps more than anything. Other than the head, Snake M-A-A is all existing sculpts.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That's to keep using those names. If Mattel doesn't use them on products, then they lose them and we have characters misnamed "The General" or "Battle Fist". Those names aren't clues to upcoming figures.
    Damn, thats what I thought they were doing. Oh well, thanks for the info.
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL

Snake MAA is one of those figures you need in hand to full appropriate it. I wasn't sure about it when looking at the pics online but now that I have him in hand I love it.

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar

just wanted to say thanks Mattel

Snake man at arms is awesome. Great job horsemen, keep it up
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app