Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SNAKE Man-at-Arms THREAD

I like the head sculpt. I wish they would have went w/ the facial look on the entire body. I mean put all those details and indentations from the face on the arms & legs. That would've looked great.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Oh, I forgot to explain the main reason why I would prefer his chest armour to stay as it is and the silver one to be in the Weapons Pak! If they did the current version in a Weapons Pak, the yellows and browns would probably not be the same colour (different paints and plastics months...or even years...apart). That's my main reasoning.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

It's the new pwned!!!! Haha!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    garbage, absolute garbage. I have to pay $20 for a figure I already own just because they gave him a new head. They could at least paint his armor freaking silver to do something DIFFERENT!!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I can see why some folks are ticked off, but I see this figure as one of those that will "pay" for the newly tooled figures, perhaps a Ram Man in later 2012?

The head looks cool. I think he'd be better with scales on the body and legs (maybe Whiplash legs and Kobra Khan chest?), I'm sure that's something they could always add between now and June.

Well, I don't love the ugly monster face (it is well done, I just don't like ugly monster faces), but I do see some positives for this figure.

Iirc, you can do some part swaps with him to make a more vintage MAA (cause SMAA) has the brown loin cloth and boots. So, that's a plus for some. He can fill out the ranks of the SM army, also a bonus as they're light on the personnel.

I don't love him, but will be happy to get him.
    Last edited by slackrguy; October 15, 2011 at 08:40pm.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I certainly wasn't clamoring for a Snake Man-at-Arms, but it is cool that his color palette matches the original toy and 2k figures. I just wish they had included at least one of his original heads as an accessory, because trying to use the first release head on this body won't match the new paint scheme. It would be a cool addition Mattel, people who wish to display him in Snake form would be happy, and the rest of us would have a toy accurate Man-At-Arms in our collection, any chance?

I've stated in one of the other threads my reasons for disliking this figure. However, I just realized I have one more: seriously starting to run out of display room for MOTUC. And so now... this Snake Man-At-Arms is not only a waste of my money, a wasted slot in the overall line-up of figures, and a waste of an opportunity to add things like the arm cannon weapon and a new unhelmeted head, I am now deeming it a total waste of SPACE.

I think the figure is okay...but as MGM said he'd be more well received if he had something that fans have been asking for like the 200X blaster or his unhelmeted head with ponytail.

I nearly choked though when I read the post calling the inclusion of the serpent ring scandalous. Really? Scandalous?? I wouldn't get THAT dramatic over it...c'mon now!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Here is a quick mock-up I did to give him a closer "Serpent Claw MAA" look to his paint deco....What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Here is a quick mock-up I did to give him a closer "Serpent Claw MAA" look to his paint deco....What do you think?
    That'd justify the meaning of variant figure and not variant head as it seems we'd be getting.
    Really nice mock up, although not very fan of any of the Snake Armor variants.

Regarding costs, there are still plenty of figures that need almost zero new tooling and that should keep the costs for all the subscriptions already locked.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

wow I love it .they must make it that way, they are still time.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

If Mattel would just give this guy the right arm and leg armor, I'd buy three.

One to keep as-is, one to paint silver, and one to parts swap with the original MAA.

Listen up Mattel, THAT is how you sell more of this guy.

I would be more excited if he was silver and came with an arm cannon.

Oh yeah and the Pony tail head would make it more "desirable" in my eyes
    Last edited by ManKindRam; October 15, 2011 at 11:00pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Some of need a new Man-At-Arms figure and this would fit the bill nicely if the figure comes with a helmet-less Duncan head and an arm cannon. If I get that, then I'm in.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1318726868
    100% better man!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

I am stoked about this figure. I have been clamoring for a classic toy colored M@A ever since the first MOTUC M@A was revealed to be in card back colors. I hope the brown boots and loin cloth have just a hint of red to them. Given that we were told he would come with an extra head, and the extra head wasn’t shown, I think there is a good chance that he will have a helmet-less head with pony tail. And until Mattel confirms that he does not come with his 200X blaster, I still think there is a good chance that he will have it.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I really like Snake Man-at-Arms and am glad he's being included in MOTUC. Hopefully they will include a couple more extra accessories with him to accommodate the people who aren't happy with him as he currently stands.

I really enjoyed that storyline from the 200x series and I hope they include Snake variants of Teela and Mekaneck as well.
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

I love the head. The rest of him doesn't look much different. He should have details like Snake Teela did on her body. Armor different color, etc. Looks very plain. Disappointed as-is.
    Brian

Photos and video of my massive collection! Click here!

Most wanted: 200x Snake Men-carded Roboto, vintage Spinnerella and Netossa. Also: Hook 'Em Flogg's weapon and Missile Armor Flipshot's backpack.

Heroic Warrior Horde Trooper 84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leaper1976 View Post
    I love the head. The rest of him doesn't look much different. He should have details like Snake Teela did on her body. Armor different color, etc. Looks very plain. Disappointed as-is.
    He's a very lazy variant IMHO. I look at him and dont immediately see anything different besides the face. At least with BGEL she had a dramatic paint job that made her look very different

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Nice mock up, get rid of the mace and get the blaster atleast Mattel. Really want a ponytail duncan head.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I'm beggining to think I shoulda ordered 3 subs next year, not my traditional 2. The number of extra heads for 2012 figures is gonna see me lining up way too often on Mattycollector each 15th!

I'm happy with this MAA variant. We can use mustache head to make him a 200x colour scheme MAA. And there is the snake-head.

I'm hoping the unrevealed head is 200x without helmet. That would be awesome.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    would love to see extra cannon arm and ponytail head with this figure.
    that would really win me over.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1318726868
    dude those colors are awesome.
    Last edited by kylun flac; October 16, 2011 at 03:01am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have just seen SMAA and I have to say im underwehelmed really. I think they done a great job.....so far, but he needs a ponytail head, arm cannon at least.. that would make him worthwhile.
    I do hope these are to be confirmed..this is what we seem to be asking for so please Mattel ...Listen...

Like most have said, include the helmetless ponytail head and/or arm cannon and he's great, but if he is just as is then he's just lame. I do NOT want simple evil variants of heroes, nor do I want vice versa.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.