Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SNAKE Man-at-Arms THREAD

Thanks to Darkspecter;

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    8) Snake MAA, will he have the arm cannon from 200X? CornBoy (4H): It's not in there right now (something else, inaudible). TG: Right now he doesn't, it's something we talked about. We want to make sure he's plused up with something a lot more than just a head. We'll keep looking into that. If it's in the budget we'll get to it.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Thanks to Darkspecter;
    Your welcome.

I have NO idea if he is coming with a second head. There are a bunch of spots in the video where I just can't hear what's being said (people turn away from mic, loud clapping or cheering, mumbling, etc.). So...he very well may come with a second head, but I didn't hear it.

I heard TG say they wanted him in his 200X colours so you can take the head of the first MAA, put him on the SMAA body and have your 200X MAA. So, if he DOES have a second head, it won't be the same as the first MAA (by reasonable deduction). So...hopefully we get the ponytail head!

I'm sure TG can clear this up if asked nicely.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Here is a quick mock-up I did to give him a closer "Serpent Claw MAA" look to his paint deco....What do you think?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1318726868
    I think it´s to much grey for my taste. I can´t explain it good but some parts should stay orange, like the most of the armor or the shoulder, knee and forearm protectors. The straps who hold them and the face shield/protection would look good if they would be grey.

I would do a mock up if i could but i´m not could with coloring...

I'll join the choir:

+1 200X Gun
    +1 Ponytail Head

But how about the legs and arms of King Hiss? They could stand in for the 200X body armor...

And finally regarding the paint job:
    I don't think the Serpent Claw MAA colors fit the figure very well - and I quite like the current 200X colors. 200X cartoon colors on the other hand...

Here is a quick mock-up I did to give him a closer "Serpent Claw MAA" look to his paint deco....What do you think?

Wow...that looks great. Look at his arm...his arms would be awesome if they had the "ridges" that they appear to have in this pic (the ridges are coming from Slush-head's legs). It would give him a more "reptile" look.

Now that is a lot better. It makes it unique and rather cool looking than just the same figure with a new head. However for 'value for money' it would still need a new helmetless head and the canon.

The crazy thing is that this wouldn't have cost Mattel much more than the original figure, all that they needed to do was show a tiny bit of creativity.

I heard TG say they wanted him in his 200X colours so you can take the head of the first MAA, put him on the SMAA body and have your 200X MAA. So, if he DOES have a second head, it won't be the same as the first MAA (by reasonable deduction). So...hopefully we get the ponytail head!
    hurray !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Unhelmeted head and Arm Cannon would make this figure go from a "so-so" to an "heck yeah!" for me.

While I do think this looks nice, it actually belongs to a different character variant. So, I wouldn't want it here - I'd want it for when they release Serpent Claw MAA.

If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

So, if he DOES have a second head, it won't be the same as the first MAA (by reasonable deduction). So...hopefully we get the ponytail head!
    Since when was deductive reasoning aloud here? I thought on these boards we use more of an “I’m right. You’re wrong. Nanny nanny boo-boo!” type of reasoning.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Honestly I don't really see what's so funny about this "catch phrase". Frankly it doesn't even make much sense to me as a sentence. The latter part of that "sentence" just sounds like random words thrown together.... "a taken for the ass".

I guess people really like to rally around incredibly stupid excuses for "catch phrases".

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Honestly I don't really see what's so funny about this "catch phrase". Frankly it doesn't even make much sense to me as a sentence. The latter part of that "sentence" just sounds like random words thrown together.... "a taken for the ass".
    That's what makes it funny. (I assume it was actually a language barrier thing)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I'll join the choir:

+1 200X Gun
    +1 Ponytail Head

But how about the legs and arms of King Hiss? They could stand in for the 200X body armor...

And finally regarding the paint job:
    I don't think the Serpent Claw MAA colors fit the figure very well - and I quite like the current 200X colors. 200X cartoon colors on the other hand...
    Same for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I was thinking a similar thing, or could give a scaly effect (arms would have to be put on the right way though!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Well, it seems like the posters on here generally have the same opinions on the 2nd head and hand cannon. Here are my suggestions to "plus up" the current Snake Man-At-Arms variant...

1) Make his armor silver, like the Serpent Claw variant in the 200X line.
    2) Give him the hand cannon
    3) Have his second head be helmetless and with the ponytail

I think these additions/changes will not only make him more interesting, but stand out more from the previous version of Man-At-Arms we have already received. (look at my mock up comparison)

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    While I do think this looks nice, it actually belongs to a different character variant. So, I wouldn't want it here - I'd want it for when they release Serpent Claw MAA.
    Yeah, I agree, that's why I think they should have named this variant "Serpent Claw Man-At-Arms" to begin with. Then they could include the Snake Head and Serpent Ring as accessories, and it would have made an otherwise boring variant cooler. Cause, let's face it....it might be a while until they get to another MAA variant....if they ever do.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; October 16, 2011 at 02:13pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It's perfect. That is what I was expecting when I read they were making a Snake MAA.

I just looked at the episode 40 comic again, he did have the mustache when in snake man form.

I just made a poll for people to vote on their favorite color scheme for Snake Man-At-Arms. Please, cast you're vote. I'd love to see what the collectors really want.

YES to the ponytail head and arm cannon.

NO to the silver armor, or any other changes to his body, like adding Whiplashes or King Hiss' shoulders/limbs.

Also, might this be the figure that comes with Keldor's swords? The plot line was going to be that as a Snake Man MAA worked for the bad guys, so maybe he designed those swords? I know at that point Keldor was Skeletor, but I don't think we really care what the bio says as long as we get them!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    I just looked at the episode 40 comic again, he did have the mustache when in snake man form.
    Well, that's the comic. A great comic, but I really wouldn't want a Snake Man with a moustache... lol... Since Snakes don't have hair, I would just assume that all his hair fell out over time after the transformation.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like a regular Helmeted MAA head or a reissue of the original so I can add him to my collection. For me, everything else is copacetic.

I'm sorry guys I'm having a hard time understanding the love for this figure.

I know some of you want to keep it a positivity thread but I'm having a hard time dealing with the fact that out of the long list of existing variant figures that were actually in the vintage line such as Dragon blaster Skeletor or attack claw Skeletor we get this...?

Even in substitute to variant figures from the other toylines such as NA He-man or NA Skeletor or in substitute to alternate characters that fans really want such as 200x Clawful or 200x Leech, we get this...?

This figure just seems wrong to me like its a curse ready to kill the line.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    At first glance, I didn't even notice that there was anything different than the head. That's a pretty damning comment on the 'laziness' of this variant. Changing the color of the trim, a canister, and the loincloth isn't enough to change the visual of the majority of the figure.

I echo the sentiment of how much better King Tamusk's silver deco looks. If you're going to do a Snake Armor MAA, do a Snake Armor MAA.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyHall666 View Post
    I'm sorry guys I'm having a hard time understanding the love for this figure.

I know some of you want to keep it a positivity thread but I'm having a hard time dealing with the fact that out of the long list of existing variant figures that were actually in the vintage line such as Dragon blaster Skeletor or attack claw Skeletor we get this...?

Even in substitute to variant figures from the other toylines such as NA He-man or NA Skeletor or in substitute to alternate characters that fans really want such as 200x Clawful or 200x Leech, we get this...?

This figure just seems wrong to me like its a curse ready to kill the line.
    It's a 200X Man-At-Arms. 200X repaint aside, unless we see the trademark 200X arm cannon or MYP unhelmeted head, this MAA variant will fall flat. Those are the essential 200X MAA accessories. Fans have wanted MAA's unhelmeted head and Arm Cannon ever since the first release. While Man-At-Arms is one of the most recognizable characters, Mattel doesn't really have any ways to refresh him except for the 200X version.

I think we'll see a Skeletor variant later on this year.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Even though Duncan is my favorite Master, I have to admit I was less than enthralled with this figure. Never was crazy about the whole idea of Duncan getting turned to begin with, and, as is, this is the same figure we have with a new head. Now, if they added an unhelmeted head, either with the classic Filmation hairdo or the Mike Young pony tail and the arm cannon, then it would actually be worth a variant figure. As is, it's much more disappointing than even BG Evil Lynn.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman