Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: SNAKE Man-at-Arms THREAD

Snappy Threader
    Yep, I feel it needs more than just an arm cannon. It needs an extra head of some sort to appeal to those who aren't fans of Snake-At-Arms. I just hope it has a regular head of some kind.

i'm happy with how he looks already. when i play with SMAA, i want him to look like he turned into a snake in the middle of battle, not like he turned into a snake and then changed his clothes. of course with the head swap feature, it's all a moot point for me. he doesn't look bad in silver from the mock-ups i've seen. i'm okay with those colors.

the only thing i would like that wasn't shown at the con is the helmetless head and the 200X cannon. but i think these have since been confirmed, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Even though Duncan is my favorite Master, I have to admit I was less than enthralled with this figure. Never was crazy about the whole idea of Duncan getting turned to begin with...
    Same here.
    The way I imagined it, Duncan is such a great warrior that he would've chosen to kill himself before letting himself be completely transformed into a Snakeman. I think he's smart enough to know that he's better off dead than to be an asset to the enemy.

But yeah, the Helmet-less Head + Arm Canon would make this fig a worthwhile purchase

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Well, it seems like the posters on here generally have the same opinions on the 2nd head and hand cannon. Here are my suggestions to "plus up" the current Snake Man-At-Arms variant...

1) Make his armor silver, like the Serpent Claw variant in the 200X line.
    2) Give him the hand cannon
    3) Have his second head be helmetless and with the ponytail

I think these additions/changes will not only make him more interesting, but stand out more from the previous version of Man-At-Arms we have already received. (look at my mock up comparison)

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...4&d=1318787812

Yeah, I agree, that's why I think they should have named this variant "Serpent Claw Man-At-Arms" to begin with. Then they could include the Snake Head and Serpent Ring as accessories, and it would have made an otherwise boring variant cooler. Cause, let's face it....it might be a while until they get to another MAA variant....if they ever do.
    Nice Mock up King Tamusk!!! The silver works great for him. I think in the cartoon his knee pad part was just normal yellow, which I never understood why. I wish I knew how to do these photoshop mock ups. I wanted to see how some snake armoured characters like MEF would look before I tried to customize them!

thinking about this more; i still want the silver armor, but the blue parts should remain the same light blue shade. if they are switched to a deeper blue (as in King Tamusk's mock-ups), one couldn't swap the snake head on the original MAA or vice versa. The helmets wouldn't match.

I'm not diggin' the silver armor, I prefer the colors that were shown.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    that mock up is great. but it would require more work to be done.

i am glad i am not getting this figure. the face does look really cool. but a 20 dollar snake head is not worth it for me.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Here is what he needs.

Keep the figure as is. Keep the snake ring. Keep the Snake Head.

Add a helmet Maa head, a Helmet-less Duncan head, and an arm cannon. And now you have a MAA 200X figure or a Man-At-Arms 2.0 figure. We all end up winning here.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    That figure surely is taken for the ass!

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    god I really wish this "taken for the ass" stuff would go away. I thought this was a family friendly board?
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    god I really wish this "taken for the ass" stuff would go away. I thought this was a family friendly board?
    I agree! It is totally inappropriate. I had to explain to my two sons that there are adults more childish then they are posting on these boards.
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Sorry, i didnīt want to hurt your feelings, just express mine.
    ...and i think that quote is the only good thing about that figure;-)
    Last edited by JimPansen; October 24, 2011 at 11:45am.

"Taken for the ass" has been explained a billion times across the Snake-MAA threads and it's not inappropriate at all, so I don't understand why you guys keep complaining about it.

Heroic Warrior
    Toyguru chimes in on the recent Snake Man-At-Arms rumors coming from the MOTUC New York Comic Con 2011 reveals!

Thanks go out to .org member Sword-of-Grayskull for the pic!

In the last week there have been a few rumors popping up regarding some of our NYCC reveals and some Q & As answered at the booth. Toy Guru stopped by to help ensure the most accurate information is out there I want to clear up two rumors (one is DC Universe related):

------

Hey everyone,

I wanted to chime in on two things I keep hearing that are just not true:

Snake Man-At-Arms will have a second head.

Also not true. We have heard the fan feedback that you’d like to see more out of this quarterly variant. While we don’t have any additional tooling to allocate to him, Terry and the Four Horsemen are looking at other shared parts from figures such as Roboto or Trap Jaw that might make SMAA an even cooler figure. Please stay tuned as we work out the logistics and look into what ways we can plus up this awesome figure. (and hey, don’t forget no matter what goes on with this figure he will still come with a FREE copy of issue 2 of the all new Powers of Grayskull comic book from Mattel and Dark Horse!)

Okay, hope that clears up some false info that was floating around. Keep those great character suggestions coming. We couldn’t do any of our collector lines without your input and that is why we love hitting the message boards and going to conventions to get feedback straight from our fans and customers!

Hope this helps!

Scott (Toy Guru) Neitlich

Now that we can be CERTAIN that Snake MAA WON'T come with a second head or with his arm cannon, I guess it's pretty clear that this figure will be a very cheap one.

Sure, they'll add some TrapJaw/Roboto parts to him (so they TRY to have you thinking this figure will be more "unique", while it won't), but he shall STILL remain a repaint/variant reusing many parts.

Paying $30,00 or more for a new snake face, a snake ring and the second part of the Powers of Grayskull mini-comic, is way too expensive, if you ask me.

Easy pass for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Beers View Post
    I agree! It is totally inappropriate. I had to explain to my two sons that there are adults more childish then they are posting on these boards.
    Balthus Dire is correct. It's been explained already why it's allowed.

Just so everyone knows, Emiliano has already explained the phrase (see quotes below), and it has nothing to do with sex. Because of that, and the fact that we do not censor the word "ass," we are not taking any action against the phrase.

Thanks for your concern, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Just so you know guys, in Italian that means a sort of joke, a ridiculous deceit, being screwed. The stright up translation sounds rather funny in English, I conceed
    But isn't He-Man.org wonderful by having so many contribution from all around the world?
    And again here:

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Yeah, it has absolutely nothing to do with sex. The original poster is, like me, Italian, but with just a little less knowledge of the English language and made a literal translation of an Italian slang phrase that just means "taken for a fool". The result was rather funny, but there no bad intentions were meant
    We're still family friendly. We have children who are members, so we pride ourselves on being really careful on possible offensive material being posted.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Now that we can be CERTAIN that Snake MAA WON'T come with a second head or with his arm cannon, I guess it's pretty clear that this figure will be a very cheap one.

Sure, they'll add some TrapJaw/Roboto parts to him (so they TRY to have you thinking this figure will be more "unique", while it won't), but he shall STILL remain a repaint/variant reusing many parts.

Paying $30,00 or more for a new snake face, a snake ring and the second part of the Powers of Grayskull mini-comic, is way too expensive, if you ask me.

Easy pass for me...
    Love how they say the comic is free.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Balthus Dire is correct. It's been explained already why it's allowed.

Just so everyone knows, Emiliano has already explained the phrase (see quotes below), and it has nothing to do with sex. Because of that, and the fact that we do not censor the word "ass," we are not taking any action against the phrase.

Thanks for your concern, though.

And again here:

We're still family friendly. We have children who are members, so we pride ourselves on being really careful on possible offensive material being posted.
    I understand you guys can mod the boards the way you see fit, but to me if you have to explain a phase that sounds offensive is not offensive, its going to keep coming up as an issue if people have not see the explanation.

Dont get me wrong its not the end of the world for but half my problem is its all over the place now lol

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Love how they say the comic is free.
    I thought that was rather hilarious myself. I'm assuming placing emphasis
    on the word free was just to cushion the blow stemming from this news.

I understand you guys can mod the boards the way you see fit, but to me if you have to explain a phase that sounds offensive is not offensive, its going to keep coming up as an issue if people have not see the explanation.
    It's "ass" as in donkey.

A repaint is the exact same figure with a different colour deco.
    Using existing parts from other figures creates a new figure.
    It is not a repaint anymore.
    SMAA wasn't a repaint to begin with because of the new head.
    It was just a very lazy figure from a creative perspective IMHO just repainting the fur in brown.

I agree that the taken ... Phrase is getting old really quick.

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Here is what he needs.

Keep the figure as is. Keep the snake ring. Keep the Snake Head.

Add a helmet Maa head, a Helmet-less Duncan head, and an arm cannon. And now you have a MAA 200X figure or a Man-At-Arms 2.0 figure. We all end up winning here.
    I couldn't agree more. If these items weren't going to be included then the figure shouldn't be in the lineup. Management seems to be out of touch with their core customers. What happened to Mattel's world-class research facility?

Yes, it is!

i Totally Agree !

i remember is NOT A SEXUAL phrase!

i can explain like: mattel schrewed us ! i hope this will help

Well I'm not going to whine over what Snake Man-At-Arms doesn't come with. I'm buying the custom cast MOTUC 200x MAA ponytail head.

Also i'll bulk up my own SMAA with some or all of the following that I own, and yes the 200x arm cannon works on the MOTUC's MAA

ok so if Mattel changes the figure to include the roboto/trapjaw parts, I get an extra 200X cannon and get one of the custom MAA heads, I will have a pretty cool 200X MAA

ok so if Mattel changes the figure to include the roboto/trapjaw parts, I get an extra 200X cannon and get one of the custom MAA heads, I will have a pretty cool 200X MAA
    thanks to mattel i think this will be the only way !!!