Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: SNAKE Man-at-Arms THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    ok so if Mattel changes the figure to include the roboto/trapjaw parts, I get an extra 200X cannon and get one of the custom MAA heads, I will have a pretty cool 200X MAA
    With Mattel's price increase it seems rather ludicrous for customers to have to spend additional funds to acquire parts that a figure should have been released with in the first place. It's absolutely abysmal planning and management by Mattel.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    So they don't have the budget for new tooling . . .

Could they at least include a 'regular' Man-at-Arms head (from the original figure) so those of us who'd like a Man-at-Arms and the mini-comic don't have to stick with the Snakeman-at-Arms version?

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Toyguru chimes in on the recent Snake Man-At-Arms rumors coming from the MOTUC New York Comic Con 2011 reveals!

Thanks go out to .org member Sword-of-Grayskull for the pic!

In the last week there have been a few rumors popping up regarding some of our NYCC reveals and some Q & As answered at the booth. Toy Guru stopped by to help ensure the most accurate information is out there I want to clear up two rumors (one is DC Universe related):

------

Hey everyone,

I wanted to chime in on two things I keep hearing that are just not true:

Snake Man-At-Arms will have a second head.

Also not true. We have heard the fan feedback that you’d like to see more out of this quarterly variant. While we don’t have any additional tooling to allocate to him, Terry and the Four Horsemen are looking at other shared parts from figures such as Roboto or Trap Jaw that might make SMAA an even cooler figure. Please stay tuned as we work out the logistics and look into what ways we can plus up this awesome figure. (and hey, don’t forget no matter what goes on with this figure he will still come with a FREE copy of issue 2 of the all new Powers of Grayskull comic book from Mattel and Dark Horse!)

Okay, hope that clears up some false info that was floating around. Keep those great character suggestions coming. We couldn’t do any of our collector lines without your input and that is why we love hitting the message boards and going to conventions to get feedback straight from our fans and customers!

Hope this helps!

Scott (Toy Guru) Neitlich

What exactly can we expect to see? MAA with a robotic right arm? A super-armored left leg? Is Duncan going to break out Roboto's hand cannon or the cast iron codpiece? UGH.

I don't see where the commonalities are....

Quote Originally Posted by 80's Enthusiast View Post

What exactly can we expect to see? MAA with a robotic right arm? A super-armored left leg? Is Duncan going to break out Roboto's hand cannon or the cast iron codpiece? UGH.

I don't see where the commonalities are....

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e166/Jud8/RBMAATJ.png
    It is about the tech details on the shouders, arms and possibly upper legs to give MAA a more tech suit look. There are custom pictures in the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    So they don't have the budget for new tooling . . .

Could they at least include a 'regular' Man-at-Arms head (from the original figure) so those of us who'd like a Man-at-Arms and the mini-comic don't have to stick with the Snakeman-at-Arms version?
    I'm guessing all the funds they use for their research in their world class facilities is bound to cut into the budget for new tooling.

If there's no new tooling they should, as has been suggested, include one or both of the original MAA heads since so many people are without the original figure.
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; October 24, 2011 at 04:28pm.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

the way he is now, reminds me of the death of the 2002 line. This is gonna ruffle some feathers.

I wouldnt mind so much if he was a total repaint. Give hime silver grey armor, and a black body suit for a movie MAA, + the snake head. I'd gladly buy that. The way he is now just seems insulting.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

I am willing to bet they are trying to put the Kronis arms on and the Trapjaw upper leg and boot parts on the one leg to come closer to 200X and appease more fans. They will definitely be looking at a more complex paintmaster that way!
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Snake MAA could have been better with complete armor...
    To infinity, and beyond!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Taken FOR an ass is different from Taken BY the ass.

"Taken for an ass" means "Taken for a fool". The .org members just had fun with it.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

no arm cannon that really sucks

the figure is lack luster plain and simple, its a cost saving exercise
    and saying the comic is FREE after saying they can't afford to make a complete figure (a 200x variant with out the cannon is incomplete after all) doesn't make it seem free it makes it seem like there is a cost associated with the comics and they are spreading out the cost by cutting down on accessories

I worry where variants are going now after this and Evil-lyn are they going to become more and more lack luster

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i was looking forward to a new myp helmetless head & 200x gun cannon.
    that would have made the ultimate m@a for me.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, this figure needs the silver armor, or at least the arm cannon, to really be worthwhile. Just a new head doesn't cut it. I know MOTUC is all about parts reusage, but that's ridiculous. At least make SOME cosmetic changes.

The talk about using the interchangible weapons is likely a nod to how MAA's weapons would pop out in 200x's show.

Still, even if I'm not overly enthusiastic about the figure... The bio should be really interesting and further the story greatly. Hopefully, he survives the bio and returns to normal. 'Cause if he dies or remains a Snake Man... That'd just be a horrible end for a great character.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberv View Post
    'Cause if he dies or remains a Snake Man... That'd just be a horrible end for a great character.
    I absolutely agree.

Adding Trapjaw/Roboto cybernetic parts to this figure is a smart move!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i'm ok with the way he is but would like additions or color variant. but dont feel i'd like Trapjaw/Roboto cybernetic parts. that worries me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    i'm ok with the way he is but would like additions or color variant. but dont feel i'd like Trapjaw/Roboto cybernetic parts. that worries me a lot.
    I'm with you. The cybernetic parts don't seem to fit. He's fine as is to me.

Ok, so he's not a "glorious" variant, but it's nice to see more than He-Man & Skeletor get variants in this line (yes, I know Teela, Evil-Lyn, She-Ra, Hordak & Sorceress have now too, but that's my point: new versions of the same characters!). Not that I expect to see something like "Super-Battle King Grayskull" (although the Snake Armor one would be neat!) or "Battle Armor Stratos", but still, it's nice to see someone else get the limelight for a bit.

I'll take my snake Man-At-Arms as is, enjoy the comic, and have him fighting against Battleground Evil-Lyn or something like that when I get him/them.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Hmm, the Trapjaw/Roboto arms/legs would actually be a pretty cool idea for a more "techy" Man-at-Arms. I hate the green unitard. :P But wouldn't that break the "Classicizer Machine"? Oh noes! :o I need to shut up before Matty gets ideas...

HOWEVER

Why can they not afford at least ONE bit of new tooling? A helmet-less head or arm cannon would be a PERFECT way to spice up this figure! If we're not getting the 200x cannon with this MAA, how are they gonna shoehorn it in down the track? Anti-Snakeman MAA had an entirely different arm-blaster on the toy, but I think the cartoon version had the same blaster. Not sure...

Anyhoo, he at LEAST needs a helmet-less head! I can always pop my actual 200X arm cannon onto him, like I'm doing with my current MAA. Works really well, even if it looks a tad small. Just would be nice to have one in Classics scale.

Matty, just promise me an arm cannon and a helmet-less head down the track and I'll be a happy camper again.

All that said, I will be getting two Snake MAAs, one to display au naturale with the human head and one to display as a snakey.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Don't care for the idea of putting robotic parts or gear on MAA, he should be left the way he is, just like he appeared in the comics. He turned into a snake, his outfit he was wearing did not change with him. He comes with a mini-comic, Snake ring and an awesome sculpt head which is great, but...

I know it is disappointing that the other variants had more major changes on the actual figures themselves, like Evil-Lyn got a cape, two heads-one new, and a color change. Bubble Power She-ra came with new clothes, better articulation and new weapons. Battle Ground Teela was pretty much completely new.

But I think a nice paint job will help MAA, maybe a rustic war torn uniform, kind of like the Weapon's rack weapons. I mean as a snake man he is not going to take the time to polish and shine his armor and weapons, give his outfit some dirt and grime. And then we can put on his normal head and use it as a battle ground uniform.

Just trying to be constructive for once instead of negative.

Can someone do a quick photoshop job as to what it would look like, it might not be to late to change there minds on the paintjob.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    Don't care for the idea of putting robotic parts or gear on MAA, he should be left the way he is, just like he appeared in the comics. He turned into a snake, his outfit he was wearing did not change with him.

b.
    But that is the whole point. He did look different on the episode 40 comic where he changed. His torso and arm armor were silver and he ***** the tech bodysuit since it was 200X.

The shown repaint in NY was way to lazy. I already had that body/colour version when I bought the first MAA except for the brown fur and blue tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Maybe he'll come with Keldor's 200x blades like the regular version came with He-Man's 200x sword?
    Oooh! Nice one. They did say they were looking for a way to release them, and this at least makes sense on some level.

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    But that is the whole point. He did look different on the episode 40 comic where he changed. His torso and arm armor were silver and he ***** the tech bodysuit since it was 200X.

The shown repaint in NY was way to lazy. I already had that body/colour version when I bought the first MAA except for the brown fur and blue tank.
    Okay, been a long while, I have to go dig through my file cabinet for the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Well, I don't love the ugly monster face (it is well done, I just don't like ugly monster faces), but I do see some positives for this figure.

Iirc, you can do some part swaps with him to make a more vintage MAA (cause SMAA) has the brown loin cloth and boots. So, that's a plus for some. He can fill out the ranks of the SM army, also a bonus as they're light on the personnel.

I don't love him, but will be happy to get him.
    This is how I feel, only a bit more excited.

I say right out front, I give a crap about Snake Man At Arms. But I wanted another Man At Arms figure, and viola, here we are!

I'm not using the snake head. I'm using the Mustachioed head from the original release on the SMAA to make filmation MAA (along with some shoulder armour from Guard) and the Non-Mustachioed head on the original release for Vintage MAA.

I use the Spy Monkey weapons for Kronis, so the blue sword and gun have a home with the barren SMAA. Keen Gear.

As for that hideous ring that I dont even recognize and a story point from a plot I never liked anyway, no loss. And for those that do want him, well just fine.

All in all I see this as a way to re-release Duncan and yet not, which is actually kind of cool.

I do completely agree though that perhaps they should consider giving more tooling to an "A List Variant" like this. Thunder punch He Man got some things. Least Snake Man At Arms could get is the arm gun. I wouldnt use it, but it makes sense. Couldnt hurt to give him Helmetless head. That should have been a no brainer.

But then again, maybe it's because we're getting that 200x Skeletor Swords with him, you never know.

Since this helpes me specificially, I'm happy about it. But If I wanted a 200x or Snake Man At Arms done right, yeah, I'd be pretty dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    If Mattel would just give this guy the right arm and leg armor, I'd buy three.

One to keep as-is, one to paint silver, and one to parts swap with the original MAA.

Listen up Mattel, THAT is how you sell more of this guy.
    This is more along my thinking, thank goddess.

Give me his opposite arm armour (so he has both sides) and my needs are met. Of course as I said above, for what it is, it is pretty weak. It just has to have something else going on with it. It cant just be the head and the ring. Can it?
    Last edited by baronterror; October 25, 2011 at 02:35am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post

Wait you are not talking about the comic books, you are talking about the DVD comic right? Well I have to check that out tomorrow, It's been way to long since I looked at that and it's almost midnight, and I have to be at work at 7am.

Good night everyone

Oh, and what with Toyguru's statement, is no one else picking up on that as a secret suggestion?

LIke him having a removable hand? Like to add an arm cannon to?

LIke why else would we want or need Roboto or Trap Jaw parts?

based on that offical comment, I think we are getting the 200x arm cannon after all. Cause otherwise it's even more stupid, because we wouldnt have a use for either of those two's accessories. It's just weird to suggest otherwise.

Anyone else?