Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Snake MAA

I know I may sound a bit crazy but the one thing I really want them to do is make his mace of a harder plastic. I know that sounds a bit ridiculous but the one from the original release was flimsy and a bit disappointing. Though knowing that the mace will be made the same time as the armor, I have a feeling it will be like the first one.

Oh and he should have an arm cannon or extra head
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    Hector,

HKs repaint; just to show the silver colourscheme.
    Not the big shoulder persee.
    Thanks, Eterniandreams! IDK... The silver color scheme makes him look kinda dull.

I wouldn't want any changes to SMAA in terms of his color scheme, looks great. Add-ons, on the other hand, are a must to make this figure worthwhile. Both of these would be perfect and profitable 1) Arm Cannon and 2) unhelmeted head
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Heroic Warrior
    200X arm canon and head without helmet!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    Just watched the MYP cartoon episode "Second Skin". Man at Arms does NOT have silver armor in that episode. FYI for those that think his armor should be silver because of the cartoon. The figure in the 200x toy line (MOTU versus Snakemen) had silver armor, but not in the cartoon.

If anyone has pics that show SILVER armor in the MYP CARTOON, I will happily retract what I said. (Without being photoshopped, of course)
    IMO the problem here is that this figure isn't different enough from the regular MAA.
    For me, the color scheme could stay the one shown at NYCC but in that case Snake MAA should be really different (different accessories and something different in the sculpt of the body).
    If Snake MAA comes only with 2 different heads (Ponytail MAA head, Snake face) and a diecast snake ring, it won't be enough.

If MAA would have a total snake body I would be pleased... but this is not the case. So now, the changes that may be still possible are simple changes such as the use of existing parts (IE : Whiplash parts) or the repaints of parts.

So at the end, to keep the figure interesting, I prefer seeing a MOTUC 200x MAA repaint variant than just a regular MAA with 2 heads (In that case I would have preferred a Heads pack).

This slot was normally intended to be a variant slot, not a repaint slot.

But you know what? At the end I will buy this figure and I will still be happy with it
    - First because this is a new figure no matter what in the MOTUC line
    - Secondly this variant is legitimate in the MOTU history.
    - Thirdly because this figure won't be expensive to make so Mattel will have more money for any other figures

I hope we do get a silver armour version sometime down the line. But for right now I am cool with this version of him. How did the yellow armour compare to the 1st version look in person. It seems much paler in the pics. The other thing was only his upper body armour was silver, not his lower leg piece. I also noitced how some of the masters didn't look too armoured up despite being labeled that way. I always took it that the silver colour was more of an anti-venom coating.

Also how would the hand cannon work? He has that full piece up to his wrist. I don't think it would attach there. Maybe the other arm? Also in classics style maybe it would be an attachment as oppsoed to morphing over things. It would be cool it the 4HM found a way to attach it to his backpack too. I'd also like that shield he had.

Not entirely a fan of the silver or grey colors on his armor.

Only other things I would love to see on this variant would be the arm cannon, and a helmet-less head. Maybe a simple weapon that could fit on his back other than the sword and pistol. (and mace)

Like maybe an extra missile for his arm cannon?

I dunno.

I really like what I saw this weekend. I like the classic toy/200X colors on him. I think if we saw the standard MAA next to this one you'd be surprised at the difference in colors. Especially if they keep the green body brighter.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I am not sure if I like the idea of the silver armour. I think it is a great idea to have it in the next Weapons Pak.

All this figure needs is the ponytail head and arm cannon, just as everyone has been stating. The budget has to be there for that as it has only gone to the Serpent Ring and Snake Man head. The Mini Comic has already been paid for from something else so it shouldn't be used as an excuse, if it gets to that

I only want to see additions, not changes.

A helmetless topknot head.
    A classicized 200x arm cannon.

And for myself, I want both left and right armour, but that's only because I want to make FIlmation Man At Arms and wouldnt use the two listed above items anyway.

But he should have the head and gun.

Frankly we dont know that he wont come with more accessories. I think he will. HOpefully those two.

But as for colour/build changes? Nope, dont want them.

I'll get back to ya once I've seen the completed figure and accessories, likely at NYTF. Until then, no desired changes to announce.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I'm a no on Whiplash shoulders, or anything of the sort. After all, His skin mutates, not his clothing. I just don't think that would make any sence. Though it makes more sence than the color silver being snake repelant.

Quote Originally Posted by onthoofder View Post
    200X arm canon and head without helmet!!!!
    I agree these additions would complete this figure. As is it just doesn't feel different enough.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

i'm happy with how he looks already. when i play with SMAA, i want him to look like he turned into a snake in the middle of battle, not like he turned into a snake and then changed his clothes. of course with the head swap feature, it's all a moot point for me. he doesn't look bad in silver from the mock-ups i've seen. i'm okay with those colors.

the only thing i would like that wasn't shown at the con is the helmetless head and the 200X cannon. but i think these have since been confirmed, yes?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I agree these additions would complete this figure. As is it just doesn't feel different enough.
    I agree 100%

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Okay, I did that 200X Man-At-Arms mockup using a Roboto photo as a basis:

To be honest, I think he needs a new left forearm and the right upper shin might also need retooling to work with a furry boot (either that or a new boot ankle needs to be sculpted that works with the kneepad). I'd also use Man-E-Faces hands rather than Roboto ones, and maybe a the flat ab piece that other armored characters have. Add to that a new bigger shoulder pad and a ponytail head, and you've got enough tooling to make up a whole new variant separate from the Snake M-A-A.
    Last edited by Met-Hild; October 18, 2011 at 03:50pm. Reason: a shin is not a thigh
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Met-Hild View Post

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/...78/200xMAA.jpg

To be honest, I think he needs a new left forearm and the right upper thigh might also need retooling to work with a furry boot (either that or a new boot ankle needs to be sculpted that works with the kneepad). I'd also use Man-E-Faces hands rather than Roboto ones, and maybe a the flat ab piece that other armored characters have. Add to that a new bigger shoulder pad and a ponytail head, and you've got enough tooling to make up a whole new variant separate from the Snake M-A-A.
    oh very cool idea!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I really like the classics version of the drone that came with Tri-Klops. I think it would be cool if the arm cannon was orange to match the rest of the armor. Sorry the silver armor doesn't really do it for me although I understand how people want more variation.
    One of the many things this toy line does well is using subtlety. It's something that I see present with MOTUCS that I don't really find elsewhere. To me, it's another sign of this being an adult toy line because I don't think I would appreciate that aspect if I were younger. I think subtle changes, when given a chance, are much more impactful than drastic ones a good amount of the time.
    Only my two-cents.

I really like this mock-up!

I think everything above the waist works very well, it's the legs I am not sure about.

But amazing work in any case!

love the figure the way it is. killer variant imo.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Snappy Threader
    I love it the way it is too. Makes for another royal guard if you so desire.

Well, I guess we can give up on the second head...I asked about it on Matty's forums and it has been answered:

My Q: I know at NYCC it was stated that you're looking for ways to plus up this figure, and on TNI it says that he WILL come with another head but that it just hasn't been decided/announced which head yet. Is this accurate? Thanks!!!!

ToyGuru's A: We are looking into possible deco changes but I can confirm only one head. This rumor is 100% not true.

Link to the post: http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/9751013027
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

deco change? I like the colors.

Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    deco change? I like the colors.
    Exactly. The deco is good, it's the lack of cool extras that makes this such a bad figure.

To be honest, I think he needs a new left forearm and the right upper shin might also need retooling to work with a furry boot (either that or a new boot ankle needs to be sculpted that works with the kneepad). I'd also use Man-E-Faces hands rather than Roboto ones, and maybe a the flat ab piece that other armored characters have. Add to that a new bigger shoulder pad and a ponytail head, and you've got enough tooling to make up a whole new variant separate from the Snake M-A-A.
    That actually looks pretty cool.