Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Snake MAA

This is really looking like I'm making a $20 donation to Matty here to keep the sub going with this figure. Nothing here I'm interested in except maybe the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Well, I guess we can give up on the second head...I asked about it on Matty's forums and it has been answered:

My Q: I know at NYCC it was stated that you're looking for ways to plus up this figure, and on TNI it says that he WILL come with another head but that it just hasn't been decided/announced which head yet. Is this accurate? Thanks!!!!

ToyGuru's A: We are looking into possible deco changes but I can confirm only one head. This rumor is 100% not true.

Link to the post: http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/9751013027
    ...aaand FAIL.

They're thinking about changing one of the only features (200X deco) that no-one at all dislikes?

*sigh*

Ok, "knee-jerk react-ors", you win.

hey

I have to admit having him in his snake armor color would be pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Met-Hild View Post
    Okay, I did that 200X Man-At-Arms mockup using a Roboto photo as a basis:
    Wow! That looks really cool. The Roboto arms look really nice. I think I'd prefer it with the regular hands and just the upper part of Trap Jaw's legs. I think that would be more in line with the look of the line.

Still, what you've done is a nice version.

What a total 2013 sub killer.

Great move Mattel.

Take one of the most on the fence sub issues, the "All In" w/ A-List Variants, and put out a figure with only a new head and a deco change that is hardly a change at all.

It's crappy figures like this that will kill this line.

Your goal is to SELL MORE SUBSCRIPTIONS.

Put out demanded figures or give us either major deco changes or more accessories to justify paying $30+ for these figures.

No 2nd head = MAJOR FAIL

If this figure does not get the 200X ARM CANNON, then I worry for the future of this line in 2013.

GREAT mock-up, Met-Hild!

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Well, I guess we can give up on the second head...I asked about it on Matty's forums and it has been answered:

My Q: I know at NYCC it was stated that you're looking for ways to plus up this figure, and on TNI it says that he WILL come with another head but that it just hasn't been decided/announced which head yet. Is this accurate? Thanks!!!!

ToyGuru's A: We are looking into possible deco changes but I can confirm only one head. This rumor is 100% not true.
    Wait. I'm confused. I check the matty forum almost daily, and I can attest to the fact that when I read the answer to that question earlier today, the answer said that there is a second, as-yet unrevealed head.

Something's going on here...

damn only 1 head really sucks this fig is as bad as BGEL we will never get true 2000x variants

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    GREAT mock-up, Met-Hild!

Wait. I'm confused. I check the matty forum almost daily, and I can attest to the fact that when I read the answer to that question earlier today, the answer said that there is a second, as-yet unrevealed head.

Something's going on here...
    You are correct; first Bruticus answered it saying there would be a second head, and then ToyGuru answered--if you click the link you'll see that Bruticus has since edited his original post.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Man, this really sucks.

Also, I hope they do NOT make him like the 200X silver and metallic dark green 200X figure. That's Man-At-Arms' ANTI-SNAKE armour. Man-At-Arms IS now a snake. How would wearing ANTI-SNAKE armour when you ARE a snake make sense?

I posted this in the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I did a fairly long list of characters and found the average number of NEW parts per figure = 4 parts. Mattel said when variants were included in the scubscription, they would have the same amount of tooling as a regular figure (so, that would mean at least 4 NEW parts).

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing the boot feet were created for Keldor, so Keldor has 5 new parts: feet, head, cape, acid vile.

Count Marzo (who shared the new feet) also had 5 new parts: head, cape, amulet, left hand, skirt.

Snake Man-At-Arms has 2 new pieces: head, Serpent Ring.

Battleground Evil-Lyn (who I first thought went against this rule), actually has adequate new parts (despite the Teela dress' 4th re-use): head, cape, "elbows" and bracelets (because of the new articulation spot). That actually makes her 6 new pieces instead of the 2 we originally thought.

So, since this rule was in place (after Green Goddess and Zodak were considered "failures" by Mattel), Snake Man-At-Arms will be the first to break it...unless he gets two more pieces. An arm cannon and ponytail head, perhaps?

I get the "new people will want a standard MAA head" point...but how many MAA figures will we get? Will we EVER get another chance for the helmetless head? Surely MAA will be re-issued and people who missed out on his the first go around can pick that up and get the MANY great accessories he comes with OR trade/buy an extra MAA head from someone. I mean, how many people are REALLY using mustache and non-mustached head? With his armour on, you can't even really tell which one he has on!

Another thing I don't think anyone has touched on: Snake Man-At-Arms comes with the LEAST new pieces of any MOTUC sub figure ever, and will be cost MORE than the figures from 2008 to 2011 that had more new parts (2012 figures are getting the price hike).
    Last edited by Darkspecter; October 19, 2011 at 03:40am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/...78/200xMAA.jpg

To be honest, I think he needs a new left forearm and the right upper shin might also need retooling to work with a furry boot (either that or a new boot ankle needs to be sculpted that works with the kneepad). I'd also use Man-E-Faces hands rather than Roboto ones, and maybe a the flat ab piece that other armored characters have. Add to that a new bigger shoulder pad and a ponytail head, and you've got enough tooling to make up a whole new variant separate from the Snake M-A-A.
    Did you make sure the shoulders were correct!!!!

That's really cool. Its amazing all the mock ups you guys do on here. I have so many custom ideas but no clue how it will look til I try it. Note to self to bug my friend to teach me how to do photoshop....

That came out really nice but I can't get behind the ultra detail on MOTU anymore. I guess the classics style and the smooth vintage feel grew too much on me. I enjoy the colours but all the detail is where I lose it. With this design I can see how the arm cannon would work and perhaps that fold out shield he had. Really nice job once again but not for me.

Movie mayhem!
    Man, this really sucks.

Also, I hope they do NOT make him like the 200X silver and metallic dark green 200X figure. That's Man-At-Arms' ANTI-SNAKE armour. Man-At-Arms IS now a snake. How would wearing ANTI-SNAKE armour when you ARE a snake make sense?

Its sort of similar to the she-ra situation though. its away to get parts out to people efficiently. You can then take the snake head and put it on the other man at arms body if you want. But at least this way you get the most value out of the releases.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Darkspector: I get what you are saying, but it does make sense in the fact that was the actual armor color he was wearing at the time when he was changed into a snake.

Heroic Warrior
    This sucks, epic fail!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    What a total 2013 sub killer.

Great move Mattel.

Take one of the most on the fence sub issues, the "All In" w/ A-List Variants, and put out a figure with only a new head and a deco change that is hardly a change at all.

It's crappy figures like this that will kill this line.

Your goal is to SELL MORE SUBSCRIPTIONS.

Put out demanded figures or give us either major deco changes or more accessories to justify paying $30+ for these figures.

No 2nd head = MAJOR FAIL

If this figure does not get the 200X ARM CANNON, then I worry for the future of this line in 2013.
    i quote!! and i say i'm going to HATE MATTEL !!!

PUT OUT OF OUR SUBSCRIPTION !!!

no cannon? no second head ? O_o

REALLY REALLY TAKEN FOR THE ASS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    This sucks, epic fail!
    no man ! this is:

EPIC TAKEN FOR THE ASS !!!
    Last edited by austin81; October 19, 2011 at 06:10am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wow, lame. I wonder if we could at least get the 200X techno axe like we got the 200X sword with the first MAA?

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    i know that heads are expensive so i wasn't expecting one (i didn't want one either) but he NEEDS that arm cannon.

or give him fisto's fist in armor colors so we can have Battle Glove Man-at-Arms
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

To be frank, I don't need a second head for him anyway.

Instead, I'd rather have him with armor for both arms and Palace Guards "Keldor" boots (this time however, the feet would be colored brown). Add the orginial Man-At-Arms mustache head, and you have your MotUC-ized Filmation Duncan.

Maybe they want to make us think theres no 2nd head and then wham bam secret accessory!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/...78/200xMAA.jpg

To be honest, I think he needs a new left forearm and the right upper shin might also need retooling to work with a furry boot (either that or a new boot ankle needs to be sculpted that works with the kneepad). I'd also use Man-E-Faces hands rather than Roboto ones, and maybe a the flat ab piece that other armored characters have. Add to that a new bigger shoulder pad and a ponytail head, and you've got enough tooling to make up a whole new variant separate from the Snake M-A-A.
    Excellent mock-up! I would have no qualms at all about buying that figure! Nice work!
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Maybe they want to make us think theres no 2nd head and then wham bam secret accessory!
    I'd really like to believe that

... because there's no way I'm buying a third MAA, even if he comes with a ponytail head.

Very sad, and yet another missed opportunity to gain some love, Scott

Fans: There will come a time when you'll have the chance to do something courageous, to do the right thing.
    Scott: I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by ...
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

No extra head now.....

Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    Yes I've just red that in the Matty forum...

So now that I know that SMAA won't have any extra head, I really hope he will come with his 200x canon (Even if I doubt he will).

Otherwise this figure will be really a very slight repaint with only 1 different head... Not very appealing even for a 200X fan like me.

Because honestly, the snake ring is a nice-to-see bonus but it's not really an accessory for a figure... Just as the ring with Tri-Klops.

Ok for the Tri-Klops' ring to stay close to his vintage release but here... I would have preferred the budget to be used to improved the figure more.

So at the end, I don't count the snake ring as an accessory for SMAA.
    Last edited by Khror; October 19, 2011 at 12:24pm.

Man, this really sucks.

Because that is what he was wearing before he was turned?
    Makes perfect sense to me

Nice movie poster! Makes me want the new .Org shirt with an animated snake MAA head sneering at me with "Taken for the ass" written underneath. Perfect to wear to SDCC since Cheapsnake Man-At-Arms will have just been released.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Nice movie poster! Makes me want the new .Org shirt with an animated snake MAA head sneering at me with "Taken for the ass" written underneath. Perfect to wear to SDCC since Cheapsnake Man-At-Arms will have just been released.
    Here is picture you could use:

This one has a moustache by the way!