Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you wish the Classics Line had never been launched?

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar

Do you wish the Classics Line had never been launched?

Looking at the He-Man.org forums, it seems the majority of fans have complaints about the MOTUC line, whether it's character availability, color schemes, no Illumina yet, including NA characters, not including enough POP characters, rotocasting, wing holes, loose ankles etc....

Would fandom in general be happier if Mattel had just left the MOTU brand to die? Collecting the new line seems to be ruining so many lives....
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

No. Absolutely not. We have one of the very best collector lines in MotUC, and all of us want the very best from it.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Would fandom in general be happier if Mattel had just left the MOTU brand to die? Collecting the new line seems to be ruining so many lives....
    A lot of people have one or two tiny complaints.

Some people have a laundry list of complaints and they post these really emotive irrational posts which just makes me think that they'd probably be better off without the drama of classics in their life; but ultimately I guess everyone needs to decide for themselves if they like the drama or not.

Personally, I get a bit annoyed every now and then (things like no window on wind raider box). What ruins the fun of collecting classics is reading other people's negative rage posts that always seem to get spam posted... But that's when I just stop reading those threads. Haters gonna hate... but I do wonder why they bother collecting if they really feel the way they are saying.

Looking at the He-Man.org forums, it seems the majority of fans have complaints about the MOTUC line, whether it's character availability, color schemes, no Illumina yet, including NA characters, not including enough POP characters, rotocasting, wing holes, loose ankles etc....

While I think it's true so many act like it's the end of the world when Mattel does something with MOTUC, and overreact like a little girl when someone pulls her ponytail, those same people complain over and over but never fail to be see on the day of the sale, or come sub time....Hate TG or not....No one at this point wants to see the line go away....and if they actually do, then they are a very few.

You will always have someone who thinks that they are releasing a character to tick them off, or someone who thinks that majority doesn't rule and their opinion is king....but most are happy with everything about the line, except the quality & DR...and sometimes the way they get answers from Mattel & TG.

You will always have someone who thinks that Mattel loves to tick them off by adding POP, NA & 2002 to the mix, and think MOTU should be the only line in existence, or that the vintage toys are king, and anything else, Filmation or otherwise sucks, and should never be made....but they fail to realize, they are free to pick and choose which figures they want....

I for one want the line to live as long as possible so I can get all my vintage wants....but then just in the few months I have been collecting...I have grown to like more than just vintage MOTU....seeing as how I never watched any other cartoons or collected any other line, but that is not because I only thought MOTU should be all in existence.

In short overreaction to a toy line is stupid....don't want?..don't buy...

I get ticked about the stupid shipping, and that is about the company that Mattel has running Mattycollector, not the line itself, and the attention to quality that they seem to lack time and time again, but again, it's not directed at the line, it's more about the company, and not doing what they should actually be doing.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; November 27, 2011 at 07:42am.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

HD figures on youtube
    What kind of fan would I be if I wished the line never existed? These are the best MOTU figures EVER IMO, and this is coming from a guy that's loved every line to date. I have some issues with it, like Toyguru sticking us with his crap, but I try & ignore the bio's & his stupid looking Marvel look-a-like figure.

Other then that, I'm happy. I've been pretty lucky when it comes to quality & paint. Also, regardless of not having a sub, I tend to get the figures on sale day. So, to be honest, if the line never existed, I believe I would have a pretty big MOTU void in my life.

Nice thread!

I love the line. My wallet does not.

I'm glad the line exists. I wish that some of the super picky and overly fanatical fans didn't exist. This very loud minority irritates me.

On the other hand, complaints about Digital River and their horrible customer service are 100% okay.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I love this line too.

Honestly, off the top of my head, I really can't think of more than a tiny handful of members who seem to have a complaint about nearly every figure that's unveiled and/or everything that Scott does. A lot of the time, I feel the "complaints" are valid and the folks who are repeating them are obviously doing so because that's what it usually takes to get some sort of action, response, etc. from Mattel, and in the cases where they do acknowledge the issue(s), keep them from forgetting.

Like I said in another thread, I'm not at all phased when someone makes a valid point and repeats it until something is done. To me, that's positive and helps to maintain the balance. Chances are, several of you have benefited at one point or another through the efforts of another who stayed on Mattel.

Moreover, I feel like there's a lot of folks complaining on these boards, BUT that most of the folks only have a few issues. Some of you seem to be lumping together/condensing all the complaints and then generalizing in a way that makes it out that the entire group is never happy with anything.

That's just not true.

You're making it sound like fans "tolerate" MOTUC.
    It can't be less close to reality. The fact that many have complaints and issue with the line can't be in any way read as fans not wanting the line. It would be an incredible jump of logic.
    Fans complaints because the love the line, and they would like it to be even better than it is.
    MOTUC are so close to perfection that we just hate to see them plagued with so many production errors, QC issue, and other bad stuff.

Heroic Warrior Horde Trooper 84's Avatar
    Come on.

This is just ridiculous right here

What the?

I don't think anyone here regrets the existence of MOTUC. People are not complaining about the line itself but certain decisions or directions it has taken on some figures and release line-ups in the last year.

This is the most over blown statement I have heard in a long time.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Isnīt it that you KILLIAN donīt like what some fans are complaining about and wants do diss them?
    For me "Would fandom in general be happier if Mattel had just left the MOTU brand to die? Collecting the new line seems to be ruining so many lives....
    ..rather means: "Shut up with your complaints and take it like it is or stop collecting the line and go away!"
    What is that exaggeration otherwise good for? Is such a provocative behavior really necessary?
    If im wrong , sorry about that .

I'm glad we have MOTUC. I only wish the figures were the same scale and had the same articulation (plus elbow joints) as 200X figures. Mostly all the complaints I have with MOTUC figures would be eliminated with lighter weight figures and less articulation. I like articulation. I really do. But I don't like loose ankles and all the incorrectly assembled parts that have come as a result of the extra parts to enable more articulation.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

WOW! saying that killian's question is an exaggeration, provocative and over blown? serious case of kettle calling pot black. you accuse him of behaviour that you champion. just go look at your own posts for a moment.

This idea never crossed my mind. I think that people in general are really pleased with this line, dispite some issues with the assembly of figures and/or paint apps.
    IMO this line is all we ever wanted. Having the vintage characters with wich most of us grew up with, re-made with todays standarts is a dream come true.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    Nice thread!
    Wrong. Stupid thread.

All lines have some type of problems. Complaining about those problems doesn't mean we wish the line never existed in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Moreover, I feel like there's a lot of folks complaining on these boards, BUT that most of the folks only have a few issues. Some of you seem to be lumping together/condensing all the complaints and then generalizing in a way that makes it out that the entire group is never happy with anything.

That's just not true.
    Well said sir.

ludicrous

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    WOW! saying that killian's question is an exaggeration, provocative and over blown? serious case of kettle calling pot black. you accuse him of behaviour that you champion. just go look at your own posts for a moment.
    He is complaining about complainers and insinuating a 'Black or White' stance on anyone that complains.

I really don't understand the mentality of some people here. You are a consumer and have the right to demand high standards from an Adult Collector line, specially when you are paying premium for it. When something is wrong, you have every right to complain not shut up and take it.

Some people appear to be demanding for others to shut up and 'Take it in the A with a smile'. Sorry but not everyone is like that.

I see that humor is lost on some people.

I don't post and participate as much as I used to because of all the complaints. I really just don't understand it. For almost every single figure/item revealed, there are people on this forum ready to pounce on it and find fault with it. I'm sure most of you are having fun, but in my opinion it is a miserable way to think. Yes, sometimes complaining about a figure brings about small changes that can better the release, but not that often. I find it tedious. And since all discussions about "items not yet revealed" have been moved to a smaller forum where few visit and post, the main board on this website is left (in my opinion) to discuss what we have gotten, and what we know we are about to get. And most of the time, those "coming soon" items are already too far into production for there to be any changes made.

So what is there left to discuss? Complaints, and the occasional combative positivity thread.

It's just my opinion. GREAT thread, by the way.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I don't get it.
    So IE, complaining about a defective product is wrong now?

This is what's known as a "straw man argument." You disagree with your opponent's position (i.e. the various complaints being espoused about different aspects of the line). Rather than addressing the position directly, however, you publicly assign a more extreme, easily attackable view to your opponent (i.e. "wish the line never existed").

Now the opponent seems even more marginal and less defensible than before. If the opponent tries to argue against the new extreme viewpoint that you've assigned to him, you have successfully deflected the discussion away from the actual issues at hand and put him on the defensive.

imagine the complaints if the line never existed!

I guess I'm just confused what triggered some of the posts in this thread? I really feel like folks have been generally lovely over the holiday weekend. I mean, imo, that's usually the case most of the time, but it seems like "complaints" have been way down these last couple days. Sure we got the thread about Swift Wind's legs and the pelvis on some of the Star Sisters, but it's not as if those conversations are dominating the first page or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post

Well said sir.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I guess I'm just confused what triggered some of the posts in this thread? I really feel like folks have been generally lovely over the holiday weekend. I mean, imo, that's usually the case most of the time, but it seems like "complaints" have been way down these last couple days. Sure we got the thread about Swift Wind's legs and the pelvis on some of the Star Sisters, but it's not as if those conversations are dominating the first page or anything.

Thank you.
    i only glanced at the new star sister thread, but it didn't seem like a complaint thread. seemed like a critique and a suggested fix for future female figs.

the SW thread was about a defect. i don't see how anyone would view it unreasonable to complain about a product - in hand - that's defective.

eta: and when you get down to it, the OP is basically complaining about complainers.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Fans complain because they want MOTUC to be the best that it could be, not because they hate the line. All of the complaints stem down to one basic point: make this figure better. People ALWAYS misunderstand this and confuse it for hatred for the line.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)