Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Visions: Castaspella

MOTUC Visions: Castaspella

Who said I'm not up for the challenge of integrating more POP designs with their toy counterparts?
    Here is what I did some time ago with Castaspella, finally painted properly.
    And for those not sarisfied enough, there is also the Vintage doy deco.
    I'm sure the cartoon colors are the first we'll see in figure forms, but the vintage toy colors are the kind of repaints we want!

Please also note that like the vintage toy some of the parts can be reused for Entrapta (I will surely recycle my onw drawing when I'll do her! )

Very nice as always! I definitely prefer the Filmation/prototype colors because I think they pop more. But of course I wouldn't mind a repaint later.

How do you imagine her disc will be attached? It seems like her hair will make it difficult to attach to her back... and my preference would be that the disc is able to spin.

I think the 4H could just sculpt a gap in the hair that looks natural enough

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I love it, Emiliano!!!!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

That makes sense. I guess I don't really know enough about how her hair is supposed to look, but now that I look closer it seems as though she has two sort of "pony tails" at the top of her head that flow down, which would create a natural gap. It all makes sense now!

As usual, this is brilliant and I agree with JonWes that the SG/FilMation colors are much more dynamic. Might we have a Frosta vision in our future? I am dying to see that one.

Frosta is already in the work, but it will be a while before I will post her, maybe something else will come before.

I like the toy version but the blue is much more vibrant!

And the gap or two ponytails idea is good! That really could work.

I also think itīs great you added her spin wheel.

Movie mayhem!
    She's beautiful! This is SOOO close to the perfect Castaspella for me! Here are a few minor things I'd love to see incorporated.

1. I think it would be cool if the disk had a more flame like edge instead of the round circle.

2. I really would love to see some of the foiling from the vintage toys show up. We can't get cloth skirts, but I feel like the foiling could be retained either in the form of sculpt that emulates it or via stickers that even if they don't come applied at least came as a pack in. For Casta I would like to see these for the belt for sure and maybe the collar as well.

3. On the toy colors one I'd love to see the colors be a bit more accurate. More of a cream color on the gauntlets and boots instead of the yellow, and then the lightening bold on her bust being that same color instead of white.

4. Much like BOW had a pop out heart that could be interchanged with a circle I would really like to see these girls come with an interchangable plastic gem and a toy real gem. This is something I really really really want to see going forward, especially on characters we are less likely to see second releases of.

Simply EXQUISITE, Emiliano! Bravo!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Aw man, I really missed these Emiliano ! Really awesome work, and in a related note, I think the 4HM took some of your ideas for the actual Sorceress figure with the feather cape splitting into segments, at least that's what it looked like when I saw the SDCC photos of her. I'm glad they did cause that was a good idea IMHO Hope they give you credit on that...if they can anyway cause you technically work for Hasbro; the competition.

Anyway, I like both color schemes, but I know people are gonna be expecting the Filmation colors obviously, but I kinda want her legs to be bare, well where the Filmation has it also blue, but why would she be wearing blue knee-high boots OVER blue pants/spandex!? Seems impractical IMHO (not just because I like my female characters showing some leg )
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

I love her!!!! So glad to have another Vision from you, Emiliano!

Honestly, I like the all yellow version a lot more. Maybe there's too much blue in the boots on the other one? I know more people would like the blue to be included though. I'm really eager to see how the Horsemen would "liven up" the big disk, but I agree with keeping that and the Filmation/Style Guide collar. Hope she gets the spell-casting hand too!

I love these things. I hope to see more of them soon.

Absolutely amazing! But I really love my dolls/figures to have rooted hair rather than sculpted hair that has been painted. I can't wait to see your Entrapta drawing
    She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Oh, this is on the .org too. I want to say again, I absolutely LOVE the design here for Castaspella. I love the toy colours most, but want both versions for everyone.

Plus, toy Castaspella can be her evil cousin Allepsatsac who was her Doppleganger in the Golden Books. She had reversed Filmation colours, but in (I think) two Lady Bird books from the UK, toy Castaspella hangs out with Entrapta and Catra (also some of the toy adverts have Casta being evil). So, it would be a great way to sell both characters and make the people who dislike variants still want to buy her because she IS a unique character (like Faker).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    *bows* great job, my liege.
    Does Galactus fart?

Great to see more MOTUC Visions. While Casta is not the highest POP figure on my list I would buy her and I prefer the style guide deco.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Sweet! I much prefer the Filmation Pallette.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Snappy Threader
    That is awesome. I too prefer the Filmation colors, but just because I grew up watching it. I admit, I'm not a real fan of the toy colors on many of the POP figures (except Catra) but I have a fond appreciation for those who do prefer toy colors. Either way, your art is amazing.

Her face and hair are beautiful Emiliano and I like both color palettes.
    Last edited by slackrguy; October 18, 2011 at 09:47pm.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    A beautiful rendition, though I would expect nothing less from you It really makes me want a Casta figure!
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    She looks very good, I hope we get her soon

Both faces are looking a bit strange, but in principle, I like the version.
    But I'm a Castaspella fan anyway.
    Especially the left one (design with Filmation-elements.)
    Alles Orko oder was? - ...'cause Trollans are the best! - She-Raver by conviction...

Emiliano, I absolutely love and enjoy your MOTUC Vissions. I have to say that I prefer the filmation colors because there is more dynamic to the yellow and blue contrast and is more interesting.

You know, Emiliano, I would like to see more unique character visions like Flutterina, Peekablue, Mermista, Spinnerella, before Frosta and Angela. I do hope we get to see more of your visions and soon too.

Emiliano, you've surpassed yourself again! The Filmation/Style Guide Castaspella is the one I've wanted for twenty-five years.

She's perfect. Take note, Mattel!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina