View Poll Results: Does Horde Prime exist in your He-Man universe?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I love the concept and love the figure!

67 61.47%
  • Yes, I love the concept but I hate the figure!

7 6.42%
  • No, I hate the concept but I love the figure!

19 17.43%
  • No, I hate the concept and hate the figure!

4 3.67%
  • Doesn't matter to me

12 11.01%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Horde Prime exist in your universe?

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar

Does Horde Prime exist in your universe?

Just what the question said: Horde Prime, does he exist in your He-Man universe? Why or why not?
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

Yes; where's your poll?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Yes; where's your poll?
    Just posted it! You're too quick! LOL

Power-Con/ThunderCon

Awesome; I voted!

I think the figure is swell and makes me like the character even more... In fact, before, I didn't care for him much.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Yes, this figure rocks my socks! I like the idea of a Horde Prime, why can't Hordak have a someone in a higher position than him? He-Man has King Randor, She-Ra Queen Angella, the Ice Empress Frosta, etc...

He doesn't take away from Hordak in the least for me, but that's just me.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

prescisely.

Think of it in terms of Sorceress. She's debateable more important or powerful than He-Man, in a certain point of view. She guides him, as she is good.

Horde Prime would be best served as a behind the scenes, dark heart of the Evil sort of thing. But whether he is or not just a background device, the idea of a lord of an evil empire that rules though he has others work as his agents is just not only realistic, but a worthwhile story point.

The figure definatly exceeds expectations. I cannot belive I actually see people say they want a giant robot hand as a "figure". But he's cool, he's kirby like, and he is impressive.

I still like to think that the 200x, gray skinned, magic, also vintage design of Hordak is Horde Prime in "today". Like in the MYP Cartoon he was blasted and wasted in that fight with Grayskull, and as a master of dark magics eventually reconstituted as HOrde Prime. ANd the Blue FIlmation Techno Hordak of the She-Ra cartoon is Hordak of today, answering to the Horde prime, as his figure looks, who was the Hordak of his day, a Magic weilding force of terror.

But anyway, I'm glad to have a Horde Prime, he can be in my cannon that Gray Hordak today. I hope they do make a Filmation Hordak, because as I've stated, I got my own ideas about who they are and how they relate. i'd like that figure. BUt either way, this is a great step.

Mind you, I never liked Hordak in a way back in the day because I felt Skeletor Would answer or serve noone. I didnt buy it. I didnt like it. But I got used to it, now it works.

So at least as far as I was concerned I always knew Hordak Answerd in at least some capacity to a higher power. Again, even if I hadnt, it makes sense that there's always someone more powerful.

If people dont like him, then I go back to what I said about Skeletor. Who needs Hordak or the Horde, we already have Skeletor & his Evil Warriors. Why make more bad guys? But really, if it doesnt grow, it dies. Bring them on.

Even King Hiss evidently answers to the Nameless one.

baronterror has some good points there. Everyone, no matter how powerful they are had to come from somewhere and be taught somehow.

Power-Con/ThunderCon

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    baronterror has some good points there. Everyone, no matter how powerful they are had to come from somewhere and be taught somehow.
    So who taught Horde Prime, TJ?

Seriously, I was really excited when I saw that we would get Horde Prime as a figure and I'm impressed. Someone on the forum stated that perhaps the colors could be a tidbit enhanced (being too 'just-red-and-black'). I'd agree with that...

Horde Prime does exist in my canon. He's the somewhat elusive heart of evil. I feel somewhat the same as baronterror just wrote: in a weird way Skeletor will always be -to me- the one and only true Overlord of Evil. But hey: either new bios, storylines or comics/cartoons can work out that question, or else I'll work it out myself

Glad to see this figure in MotUC!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

I guess I put "love the concept and figure" but my real answer would be "Yes, I am indifferent to the concept, but I love the figure!" I'm putting him in my universe, but I'm making my own story for him depending on what his bio says.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    Does Horde Prime exist in your universe?
    Of course he does. Look at the action figure. Look at his comic book appearances and cartoon cameos. He obviously exists in this universe.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Chroniklor View Post
    So who taught Horde Prime...
    Horde Zero?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chroniklor View Post
    So who taught Horde Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Horde Zero?
    I would say Horde Negative...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Horde Zero?
    All the taste of Horde Prime, but none of the calories!!

I don't have an option on this poll, Horde Prime exists in my universe but not as he was or will be presented. he never ruled the horde, he is a deity same with demo man, he isn't inside skeletor he is a deity as well.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    All the taste of Horde Prime, but none of the calories!!
    I can't help but to love the .org sometimes

not yet!
    a week ago, never heard of him
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    in my universe horde prime is the start of the battles of good vs evil in the universe.

I can't help but to love the .org sometimes
    No doubt!

Power-Con/ThunderCon

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not sure on what his role would be in my canon. He'll be around, but might not be the biggest bad there is. I might have him be the go between guy for the Horde and Evil Warriors. That or I'll have him be the bad guy for King Grayskull.

I wish he had been a giant but otherwise I like him.

Yes, I love the concept but I hate the figure!

I don't mind some new figures based on existing concepts but I'm not too keen on brand new designs in the MOTUC line. I would have preferred the UK comic version of Horde Prime.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Snappy Threader
    Went with doesn't matter. I always liked Hordak as the supreme ruler...but I don't mind either way.

I am a Filmation fan, therefore Horde Prime exists, and the figure is an awesome representation of someone who you never get to see physically. And a great nod to the Filmation statue or whatever the hell it actually is that Horde Prime resides inside in the Fright Zone....like he's The Wizard of Oz or something....

But in short, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Yes, I love the concept but I hate the figure!

I don't mind some new figures based on existing concepts but I'm not too keen on brand new designs in the MOTUC line. I would have preferred the UK comic version of Horde Prime.
    Technically he's not a brand new design, he's based on the Filmation statue he's inside of. And the color scheme, helmet, shoulder pads and all is a great representation of something you never otherwise see.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I picked: Yes, I love the concept and love the figure!

Because: He was in comics I did read as kid well as he was in cartoon.

Heroic Warrior
    Hordak is the leader of the Horde, not Horde Prime or Supreme or whoever...

Yes, Horde Prime works for me in this universe and even in my canon....

After Hordak falls to Skeletor and has his "Magics" (as well as Bionatops techno virus) absorbed by Skeletor, we never see that Hordak's essence transferred as well which suggests to Skeletor that there is an ultimate power out there in the cosmos; convincing Skeletor to journey to the stars leading to the New Adventures.

During this sojourn in space, Skeletor finally reaches Horde World and with his power (along with the combined might of Demo-Man, Hordak and the techno virus) Skeletor really goes toe-to toe with Horde Prime. At the moment when Skeletor is finally about to deal the finishing blow, the essence of Hordak makes his move as he transfers to the defeated Prime being HORDAK reborn!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....