Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's make the MOTUC 2014 Subscription a REALITY

Let's make the MOTUC 2014 Subscription a REALITY

I think it is imperative that we see a 2014 Subscription "Early Access Window" announced at Toy Fair next month.

Simply announce the number and price points of SKU's planned for 2014 so customers can weigh the financial impact. Then offer this as an incentive:

Make the club exclusive figure FREE to early subscribers. To keep this from becoming cost prohibitive we will have to live with a relatively low tool exclusive character.

Keep the window open for say...6 weeks after Toy Fair. What this has the potential to accomplish is guaranteeing that 2014 will go through, or at least greatly minimizing the challenge faced at SDCC to keep the line alive.

Can you imagine going into SDCC knowing the sub is already a "go"?

Let's send a message to Mattel. I'm in for early commitment. Are you?

I agree with the idea that they should start early

I also believe there should be two Sub Exclusives. One free of charge and one done the standard way.

Give us Blonde Alcala Teela with a twist waist, or red Alcala Beast Man... then make the regular sub exclusive something like Eldor or Scorpia (yes... I said it... Scorpia lol).

I'd be in for two again, as long as we get some SERIOUS catch-up for the POP heroines. I'm tired of waiting. REALLY tired.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

I also believe there should be two Sub Exclusives. One free of charge and one done the standard way.

Give us Blonde Alcala Teela with a twist waist, or red Alcala Beast Man... then make the regular sub exclusive something like Eldor or Scorpia (yes... I said it... Scorpia lol).

I'd be in for two again, as long as we get some SERIOUS catch-up for the POP heroines. I'm tired of waiting. REALLY tired.
    Couldn't have said it better.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I would easily buy a 2014 sub early.

Hands down!

EARLY ACCESS TO BUY THE 2014 SUB??

HEY MATTEL...

Sign me up

This sounds like a fantastic idea! I'd definitely be in for an early sub buy–in!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

then make the regular sub exclusive something like Eldor or Scorpia (yes... I said it... Scorpia lol).

Agreed on these counts (I'm not fussed about Alcala Teela, we already have two Teelas). At this stage, I'd be quite happy with Scorpia as the sub exclusive. They need to guarantee sales of the sub to ensure 2014 and 2015 go through. I can't imagine they'd EVER make a vintage toyline character the sub exclusive, so Scorpia and Eldor would be great candidates. King/Captain Miro would also be good, as would someone like Evilseed or Filmation Hordak. Plenty to choose from.

On the POP heroine count, it's a MUST. There are just so many to get through and for such a popular faction, I find it odd that they haven't explored more of the laydeez. Peekablue and Spinnerella are as essential to me as Glimmer, Castaspella and Queen Angella.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Yes yes yes. I'm in for 2014, so signing up earlier than July would be fine by me.

I could get behind an early sub sale. I also love the idea of 2 exclusives, and Blonde Alcala Teela would be great, I would of course put the auburn head on it if it's a female 2.0 body.

I'm of the mind that a fan demanded characters should be the sub exclusive. It just makes good business sense.

I can not wait until NYTF! I hope we get some awesome reveals and hear about good things to come.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Sure, but I would do it like they did the pre-sale for Castle Grayskull - minus the minimum requirement. If you buy the 2014 within NYTF and SDCC (5 months, roughly), you get a simple redeco figure with very minimal new tooling (Red Beast Man, Crystal Man-At-Arms, Camo Khan, Mini-Comic Trapjaw, Vintage Catra, etc.), in addition to a typical sub exclusive (Lodar, King Miro, Eldor, Shokoti, etc.). Anyone buying the sub AFTER if debuts at SDCC (3 week window) only gets the 2nd exclusive, not the redeco figure.

And, it might just be me, but I think it would be fun to keep the redeco figure a secret. You wouldn't know what it is till it gets shipped to you in the beginning of 2014.

Considering all the muck-ups lately (Granamyr assembly issues, Frosta forearms, Stinkor forearms), the idea of two sub exclusives sounds kind of nice. It saves them from having to send out future freebies to appease angry customers the next time they screw something major up... LOL.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I would be all for an earlier 2014 sub order, but Mattel may want to avoid announcing a 2014 sub so early in case some projected figures need to be moved (or management alters the tooling budget). Can you imagine if they planned a Mantenna for January 2014, then had to change plans for whatever reason, they might have to cancel subs made up until that point. Logistically, a 2014 sub offer prior to SDCC may be too risky.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think, Mattel will change their methods, because there is no reason for them to change something... They announced Castle Grayskull a few months after SDCC and they got enough customers together, who buy this playset besides a sub. So they know, that there're many customers, who are willing to pay.

Besides that, I personally wouldn't buy a sub without seeing the first figures of 2014. If Mattel continue a strong character selection like they already did with 2013 so far, I might consider buying another sub. If the second half of 2013 and the first quarter of 2014 suck, there is no way for me to buy a sub and instead cherry pick again and I guess for many others, too....

I'll buy it whenever they make it available but "Salesmanship 101" says you have to create a sense of urgency in your buyers. That means a looming deadline, so people feel like they need to buy now or they'll miss out. A deadline that's 4 months away makes it easier to procrastinate. I'm not saying that an earlier window wouldn't work, I'm just saying that it goes against prevailing wisdom.

Count with me !

I don't need to see figures to know if I will sub for 2014. Of course I'm in.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

I agree with everything you said. I will sub as soon as it['s available, but MORE PoP ladies please! Out of the main female heroines that were in the cartoon and made as toys in the 80's (not prototypes), we have She-Ra, Bubble Power She-Ra, Frosta and Netossa. That's IT out of three waves of characters...and one's a variant! If you include the Star Sisters, that's 7 characters out of 4 waves instead of 4 characters out of 3 waves. We need more NA too...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm down with the early sub sale. I don't care about seeing what is going to be in it. I'm a completist. I'm addicted and I need my fix.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Sure, I'd go for that.

I'd buy them tomorrow if they went on sale.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I think the beauty in this is that it would send a very important message to Mattel management. "Hey, we love this brand so much that there is significant contingent of fans who will support it without even seeing the first quarter of product".

And we all know Mattel LOVES guaranteed sales (i.e. subscriptions). This gives them an opportunity to start counting their chickens early.

And for those who are looking for more of a PoP representation, I would gladly sub early to support a sub if it had more PoP characters. Perhaps in multi-packs?

While it is not my personal favorite faction I would sub to support PoP fans who have contributed to this line since its inception.
    Besides, I have to look out for fellow New Yorkers like Duke.

I will never take my Ram Man and "run". Rather I, like so many of you, am in for the haul.

I'm in for multiple subs no matter when they go on sale. With that said, I love the idea of 2 sub exclusives!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I'd buy them tomorrow if they went on sale.
    I would buy a combo of 2014/2015 sub!

I'm in for one sub for 2014 once it becomes available.

I'm in as always.