Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official He-Man.org Secret Santa Thread 2011

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    you have to think about it as if you were sending your gift to a family member overseas or in the military.

alot of people that I deal w/ on here I would consider like family whether we have met or just talked while on here!

So with that being said would you still feel the same about the shipping costs if it were family?!?!?

luckily for me i have someone that i 've never dealt w/ before, so i'm excited to see how they like what they got from their secret santa!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    you have to think about it as if you were sending your gift to a family member overseas or in the military.

alot of people that I deal w/ on here I would consider like family whether we have met or just talked while on here!

So with that being said would you still feel the same about the shipping costs if it were family?!?!?

luckily for me i have someone that i 've never dealt w/ before, so i'm excited to see how they like what they got from their secret santa!

=)
    It's not that big of a deal to me. I thoroughly enjoy everything about Secret Santa. I just hated the idea that shipping would have cost twice as much as the gift if I had stayed within the limits of $10-$20....which is why I decided to spend $80+ on the gift instead. I am just making suggestions for next year that it might be better to have those in the US ship to other US residents, UK residents ship to the UK, Australia to Australia, and so on. That's all. No big deal. Just trying to be helpful for others that might have had to ship to another country and found that shipping costs were more than the gift limit
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

I feel your pain buddy, I have that feeling when I sell stuff on amazon.com - the shipping rates that you get stuck w/ suck and I always have to charge more for the item to cover the shipping differences for bigger items.

maybe we should hike the gift limit to $25-35 instead?

=\

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    I feel your pain buddy, I have that feeling when I sell stuff on amazon.com - the shipping rates that you get stuck w/ suck and I always have to charge more for the item to cover the shipping differences for bigger items.

maybe we should hike the gift limit to $25-35 instead?

=\
    My main objective is just trying to help those that found their shipping costs to be higher than the gift limit. So yeah, I could go with a higher limit, but understand if others can not. I think many of us go with a higher limit anyway. But really it came down to principle for me. I couldn't stand the thought of spending more on my recipients shipping than on their gift. But I also LOVE Christmas and shopping, so I went ahead and splirged a little.

Not sure if anyone else had to ship to another country, but I shipped using the much more expensive USPS Priority Mail International with tracking. Did anyone else ship to another country and if so did you use Priority Mail with tracking or the lesser expensive First Class International without tracking? I just REALLY wish USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc. would stop rasing their costs.

But to get back on subject....sorry for venturing off....I can't wait to hear from my recipient on Christmas morning. I really hope they like what Santa found for them

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    My main objective is just trying to help those that found their shipping costs to be higher than the gift limit. So yeah, I could go with a higher limit, but understand if others can not. I think many of us go with a higher limit anyway. But really it came down to principle for me. I couldn't stand the thought of spending more on my recipients shipping than on their gift. But I also LOVE Christmas and shopping, so I went ahead and splirged a little.

Not sure if anyone else had to ship to another country, but I shipped using the much more expensive USPS Priority Mail International with tracking. Did anyone else ship to another country and if so did you use Priority Mail with tracking or the lesser expensive First Class International without tracking? I just REALLY wish USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc. would stop rasing their costs.

But to get back on subject....sorry for venturing off....I can't wait to hear from my recipient on Christmas morning. I really hope they like what Santa found for them
    You were my Secret Santa last year, MOTU-Maniac and you spoiled me dude, so I'm sure this years recipient will love what you got them.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Yeah I spent around £15/$25 on tracked shipping to the US. Though I prefer to have tracking for peace of mind, so I didn't mind the cost. The gift was more expensive than the shipping (price you pay for niche items! ) but I'm glad it was!

I'm sure your recipient will be very happy with their gifts MOTU_Maniac, that is very generous of you!
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    You were my Secret Santa last year, MOTU-Maniac and you spoiled me dude, so I'm sure this years recipient will love what you got them.
    I have such a bad memory I forgot that I was your Secret Santa last year. Thanks for reminding me and making my day Preparing for a colonoscopy tomorrow = NO FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Yeah I spent around £15/$25 on tracked shipping to the US. Though I prefer to have tracking for peace of mind, so I didn't mind the cost. The gift was more expensive than the shipping (price you pay for niche items! ) but I'm glad it was!

I'm sure your recipient will be very happy with their gifts MOTU_Maniac, that is very generous of you!
    Yeah, I prefer the tracking also. I like to see where Santa's sleigh is at

And you too have made my day!Thanks!

I'm a Val-Pal.

My list

Anything that can help me with putting together my novel.
    Anything husky related
    WWE rockers classics (unsure when this is out or the cost)
    Anything Twilight related (not the novels)
    Or giftcards even like best buy or Barnes and noble etc.
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

My gift has arrived! That was quick!

From the box I know its a MOTUC figure If it's someone who appeared in the cartoon series (Man-at-Arms, Moss Man, Tri-Klops etc...) I'll be over the moon!
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

just checked my online order to see when I'll receive the gift I'm giving to my SS and its almost here. I've been worried that it'll take too long to get to me to be able to wrap and send out. *fingers crossed* I'm a worrier by nature, can't help it.
    Just me...Being me...

I got my SS gift and I must say I'm an extremely happy camper!

thank you very much!!!

=)

Remember folks. As you get your gift, try not to open it until Christmas to stay within the spirit of the holidays!

Also, it's also best to reveal who sent what after the holidays. So if you can, please keep your Santa selves a secret!

------------
    Once you send your gift, be sure to send the tracking info to Judith immediately!

And as soon as you get your gift, please PM Judith to let her know!

Thanks!!

A few more red names and a lot more green! Keep it up.
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Heroic Warrior
    Heh. About time. I was getting lonely in Club Green.

Ummm... I'm assured the gooey stuff everywhere is actually lime jell-o, and not Horde Slime. I'm not touching it to find out, mind you...

Hordak: WIMP!

...Okay, DO NOT TOUCH THE GREEN GOO.
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Check out my new comic, Death Fox, at www.whatthefluxcomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    A few more red names and a lot more green! Keep it up.
    YAY I am GREEN!!!!

Woo Hoo! The last item I needed for my person has arrived so I will be sending Tomorrow!

I hope my person likes the stuff I got them.
    I got some stuff I hope they like and didn't have, I tried to be diverse in what I got, A little bit of everything you could say.

Not Only that, I threw in a few Random surprise items. They are actually part of my "care package" that I am sending to everyone that I am sending stuff to this year. Be warned though, I like to do things the weird way

I dropped my package off at the post office this morning. I hope my recipient likes their gifts. I had to ask some friends for help with this one so I hope that they did well in picking out stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    As you get your gift, try not to open it until Christmas to stay within the spirit of the holidays!
    In the corner of my living room, where the Christmas tree will eventually be placed, there sits a box. I must stare at this box, because more than once, my wife has snapped me back to the here and now, yelling "Stop staring at it, or I'm going to hide it from you!"

And it's not even Thanksgiving yet.

But I will be strong.

I will be strong.

Seriously though... waiting is kinda hard, but it will make for a more fun Christmas morning And I've been having fun with the shopping too! I'd like to find one more item before I ship. I hope they like it

Nice work everyone! All international gifts entering and leaving the US have been sent!

To the rest of you Santa's sending gifts within the USA, you have until Dec 9th to send your gifts out without being placed on the Bad Santa's List.
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Hey folks
    Please don't reveal who sent what, or give hints that you sent a package to anyone in particular.

You start to spoil the mystery for other fans as well because people can start to narrow down who sent what.

And once again, I really encourage folks to wait until the holidays to open their gift in the spirit of Secret Santa. It would be akin to everyone around the tree together opening gifts. Everyone gets to enjoy it all at once and you can all talk about it at the same time.

If you choose not to wait, that's up to you. But if you would, please don't reveal what you got or that you opened it until the holidays.

Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    And once again, I really encourage folks to wait until the holidays to open their gift in the spirit of Secret Santa. It would be akin to everyone around the tree together opening gifts. Everyone gets to enjoy it all at once and you can all talk about it at the same time.

If you choose not to wait, that's up to you. But if you would, please don't reveal what you got or that you opened it until the holidays.

Thanks!!!
    I had PLANNED on waiting until Christmas to open my gift; HOWEVER, when the UPS man just delivered the package he said "BE careful. It looks like it has already been opened". And sure enough the box it came in had been cut to pieces with a knife. The gift inside HAD been wrapped in BEAUTIFUL Christmas paper, but it had been ripped open AND even the Christmas card had been ripped out of the previously sealed envelope. I had planned on waiting until Christmas to open my gift, but it looks like customs or someone at UPS decided to do that for me AT LEAST the gift itself is in GREAT condition (to my surprise based on what the package went through).

I don't know who my Secret Santa is (and I do NOT want to know until Christmas to keep with the Secret Santa rules), but I do want to say THANK YOU!! It is a PERFECT gift for me!!! I REALLY appreciate it!!!! I just hate that all of your hard work wrapping it was destroyed by Customs

Again, I didn't want to open my gift until Christmas, but the shipping box was handed to me already open and Customs appears to have had a different plan as they went through it like it contained drugs or something else illegal

Quote Originally Posted by spectroscott View Post
    I dropped my package off at the post office this morning. I hope my recipient likes their gifts. I had to ask some friends for help with this one so I hope that they did well in picking out stuff.
    You dropped the Pug you are sending me at the post office? Wow... I hope he/she is delivered soon so that my Puggy will have a playmate
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Yesterday I was able to sent my gift to my SS. It should get before Christmas and I do hope it would be enjoyed

Also, I've received my SS gift from I assume is Skeletor Mistress. I did not opened the package just yet, I'll wait till the Holidays (although, my birthday is next Saturday ), but it is sort of spoiled at the customs label on the box !
    Thanks a lot Jason! I do wish you to have a very Merry Christmas!
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    Nice work everyone! All international gifts entering and leaving the US have been sent!

To the rest of you Santa's sending gifts within the USA, you have until Dec 9th to send your gifts out without being placed on the Bad Santa's List.
    Anyone else putting off the mailing of their SS gift because they are still thinking???

My items are wrapped and in a box, but I'm still pondering whether to add more to it. Oh, the fun of the holidays!
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I had PLANNED on waiting until Christmas to open my gift; HOWEVER, when the UPS man just delivered the package he said "BE careful. It looks like it has already been opened". And sure enough the box it came in had been cut to pieces with a knife. The gift inside HAD been wrapped in BEAUTIFUL Christmas paper, but it had been ripped open AND even the Christmas card had been ripped out of the previously sealed envelope. I had planned on waiting until Christmas to open my gift, but it looks like customs or someone at UPS decided to do that for me AT LEAST the gift itself is in GREAT condition (to my surprise based on what the package went through).

I don't know who my Secret Santa is (and I do NOT want to know until Christmas to keep with the Secret Santa rules), but I do want to say THANK YOU!! It is a PERFECT gift for me!!! I REALLY appreciate it!!!! I just hate that all of your hard work wrapping it was destroyed by Customs

Again, I didn't want to open my gift until Christmas, but the shipping box was handed to me already open and Customs appears to have had a different plan as they went through it like it contained drugs or something else illegal
    UPDATE: I just noticed that it has both a Royal Mail/ US Postal Service tracking # as well as a UPS tracking label. So, after further digging by looking up the tracking #'s I see that the package first arrived at my local US Postal Service on November 21st and then it was "delivered" to a large local business that same day. The UPS tracking # shows the package was picked up from the local business by UPS on November 22nd and then delivered to me today on November 23rd. So, I don't if it was customs that destroyed the packaging and Christmas wrapping or if it was the local business. Either way that is just messed up