Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: She-Ra Bust WIP

no words....
    i want it! hehe
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    Can we see the "Baena-Vision" artwork that inspired this piece?
    Sure... It's old!

I always figured the falcon on her chest is a representation of Zoar/Sorceress.
    Seeing as she fought on a world away from her, I felt the need to keep her close to the character.
    Last edited by Baena; November 9, 2011 at 11:08am.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Man, I love everything about this. The falcon motif is so cool, and both the bust and the drawing are amazing!

It is amazing how big her "bust" grew from picture to reality , if you pardon the pun

I am so in love with this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Sure... It's old!

I always figured the falcon on her chest is a representation of Zoar/Sorceress.
    Seeing as she fought on a world away from her, I felt the need to keep her close to the character.
    Awesome - I've seen most of your work, but missed this one somehow. Looks fantastic. I really miss your MOTU art renderings. Your work is always so inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    Awesome - I've seen most of your work, but missed this one somehow. Looks fantastic. I really miss your MOTU art renderings. Your work is always so inspiring.
    Thanks for the kind words.
    I do have a gallery here on the .org... http://www.he-man.org/community/view.php?edit=2&type=1
    It covers a few years of my more favorite pieces. It's not everything though.
    The oldest piece in there dates back to 1999! (Castle Grayskull)

I have great dreams to return someday to the fan art forum with some killer MotU and PoP pieces... Time will tell.
    Last edited by Baena; November 10, 2011 at 06:03pm.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

I have great dreams to return someday to the fan art forum with some killer MotU and PoP pieces... Time will tell.
    Aye and Commissions can be re-opened ! This is one duck counting the days till then.

@Baena, haven't seen your art till just now, briefly browsed your fan art gallery. Speechless. Amazing & inspiring stuff, sir... Facebook Like'd and Google +1'd your page so others outside the forum can bask in its greatness
    Check out my design work & my out-of-print bookstore (on Amazon)!

Site & Work: About Me || My Portfolio
    Blog: Scrapplebox
    Social: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | IMDB | GetGlue | LinkedIn
    - - - - - - -
    Book Store: http://booksofmine.arlof.com

Thanks Gendou!

Amazing! both art and bust.

i love that art man!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Court Magician
    I gotta ask for an update on this! It is beautiful but wasn't sure if it was completed or if it was still being worked on.

Anybody have a clue on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Master at Arms View Post
    I gotta ask for an update on this! It is beautiful but wasn't sure if it was completed or if it was still being worked on.

Anybody have a clue on this?
    The sculpt is done!
    I got some samples of the bust without her sword and final base, but I took a sample and put it on an older base, and bronzed her up.

She looks amazing! HUGE props to Tweeterhead for this and for Mike Cusanelli's incredible sculpt!

Enjoy!

Tweeterhead will likely hop on sometime and let folks know when the final base is done.

It's SOOOO COOOOOL to have the evolution of She-Ra like this, from Dark Adora, to Adora, and now She-Ra!
    Last edited by Baena; November 28, 2011 at 01:11pm.

Court Magician
    Holy coW!!! That is so beautiful... and elegant!!! I love this sculpt!! How big is this bust again?? This statue looks as though it jumped out from your artwork. Your artwork is amazing by the way!

I don't know what else to say except that I am in total awe and words cannot describe.

The sculpt is done!
    I got some samples of the bust without her sword and final base, but I took a sample and put it on an older base, and bronzed her up.

She looks amazing! HUGE props to Tweeterhead for this and for Mike Cusanelli's incredible sculpt!

Enjoy!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ronzeSheRa.jpg

Tweeterhead will likely hop on sometime and let folks know when the final base is done.

It's SOOOO COOOOOL to have the evolution of She-Ra like this, from Dark Adora, to Adora, and now She-Ra!

Hey,

WOW, Nate did an awesome job on her and that's just the bronze version.

The base will remain the same as in the picture although he is still missing her sword. It's on the way though.

I just listed her in the marketplace and she is going to be an extremely limited release...SO if you want her please don't wait too long.

Thanks, I'll be posting some painted pics as well, but it will be a few weeks from now.

-C
    "The Most Powerful Model Kits in The Universe" for sale!

She-Ra Bust

www.tweeterhead.com

Quote Originally Posted by Master at Arms View Post
    Holy coW!!! That is so beautiful... and elegant!!! I love this sculpt!! How big is this bust again?? This statue looks as though it jumped out from your artwork. Your artwork is amazing by the way!

I don't know what else to say except that I am in total awe and words cannot describe.
    The bust on the base stands at almost exactly 8" at the tops of her tiara/crown.
    She's not in the same scale as the neca busts... She's larger, but because there's less of her body, she stands nearly as tall as them.

She actually looks really cool next to the Hordak bust.
    Last edited by Baena; November 28, 2011 at 02:57pm.

Simply !
    Alles Orko oder was? - ...'cause Trollans are the best! - She-Raver by conviction...

The bust on the base stands at almost exactly 8" at the tops of her tiara/crown.
    She's not in the same scale as the neca busts... She's larger, but because there's less of her body, she stands nearly as tall as them.

She actually looks really cool next to the Hordak bust.
    Can you post a comparison pic? Side by side with Hordak and some other NECA busts?
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Okay, here are some comparison pics... Where's Dan? It's COMPARISON TIME!!!

First, with Evil Lyn, you can see they are not in the same scale...

And now with Hordak... Because he's such a BIG bust, the scale change isn't nearly as noticeable.

She's a great bust! I highly recommend getting her if you can.

Damn that is sweet! Great work to all involved!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Comparison

Hey,

Thanks to Nate for posting the comparisons...

Considering the scale, I am more excited than ever for some larger villains..ala Tweeterheads Hordak...will be pretty big, not as big as a Tytus or Granamyr Bust...just saying!!

-C
    "The Most Powerful Model Kits in The Universe" for sale!

She-Ra Bust

www.tweeterhead.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tweeterhead View Post
    Hey,

Thanks to Nate for posting the comparisons...

Considering the scale, I am more excited than ever for some larger villains..ala Tweeterheads Hordak...will be pretty big, not as big as a Tytus or Granamyr Bust...just saying!!

-C

To be fair, while I posted the comparison pics to show scale, this really will become a collection of it's own.

A good indicator would be the Beastman bust that Tweeterhead did. Search for it here, Beastman is huge! And AWESOME!!!

Court Magician
    Im a huge She Ra fan and I can see how the eagle may be off putting to some, but I actually think its very fitting for the character. As an artist myself, Im a stickler for the details, so I know well the original design for the figure line costumes and cartoon version.

The eagle wing tips are a great representation of the gold winged tips of the bodice on the original cartoon version, not to mention the jewel and tail on her stomach (fan on your bust ) is also a great homage to the original blue gem and starburst. Add to that the figure line has a very "fanned" type costume design and the feathers on the Eagle tie in nicely.

I like that it is also Zoar, just yet another tie in. I build model kits of anime figures so I would especially love to get a copy of this wonderful sculpt. I hope you could put one on layaway for me though, lol. Im out of funds for a bit.

Heroic Master of Magic kalel0201's Avatar
    Agree with all this is beautiful!

Thanks for the kind words on the design.
    Again, huge props must go to Mike Cusanelli who pulled off the sculpt beautifully!