View Poll Results: What is your honest opinion of The Might Spector?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like him. I think it's a good looking figure.

45 13.01%
  • I don't like him. I don't think it's a good looking figure.

153 44.22%
  • I don't like him on his own, but the bio makes me like the character.

3 0.87%
  • I like him on his own, but the bio makes me like the character even more!

14 4.05%
  • I'm indifferent, but the bio makes me like the character.

26 7.51%
  • I'm indifferent, but the bio makes me dislike the character.

16 4.62%
  • I love him because he is MOTUC, and I love everything MOTUC.

12 3.47%
  • I love him because TG made him, and I appreciate TG's efforts.

8 2.31%
  • I hate him because TG made him, and think he is abusing his power.

15 4.34%
  • I couldn't care less about him either way.

54 15.61%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your honest opinion of The Mighty Spector?

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar

What is your honest opinion of The Mighty Spector?

Please answer honestly. I think that I have made the poll responses as fair as possible. There have been tons and tons of opinions thrown around about him, but I am curious about how people really feel about the figure.

EDIT: 'Bio' in the poll is referring to the loose 'bio' as eluded to by TG at Power-Con (time traveler with wrist Cosmic Key who will be integral in tying the universes together) as opposed to his official cardback bio.
    Last edited by Prince Adam's Dad; October 27, 2011 at 01:19pm.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

hey, there's no option to dislike the figure AND the bio

that would be my vote
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    hey, there's no option to dislike the figure AND the bio

that would be my vote
    You should probably go for option #2. I only included stuff about the bio because I kept seeing people saying it changed their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    You should probably go for option #2. I only included stuff about the bio because I kept seeing people saying it changed their opinion.
    yeah, I went for option 2
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

I have totally missed Spector's bio. Where was it revealed?
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I have totally missed Spector's bio. Where was it revealed?
    I'm wondering the same... Did I miss something?

I was referring to his loose 'bio' as described by TG at Power-Con as opposed to the actual bio, which obviously has not been revealed.

I needed a special option which should be:
    I don't like the look of the character (bland, uninspiring, almost Leifendian) AND most importantly don't like that he's pretty much a Toyguru Gary Stu. (The whole thing about Spector being Lt. Toyguru ascending as a fully fledged "Master of the Universe" with the God-like Power of Time Travel. (I'm OK with TG as a Palace Guard, but not with him being a "Mighty" character.)

So I had to choose the option with TG being the main reason why I dislike the figure. Nothing personal against Scott, but I hate Gary Stu/Mary Sues especially when they're avatars for the Author's (down to being Idealized versions of themselves.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

He's awesome. That's it.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    I don't like the figure. MS simply doesn't fit into "my" MOTU universe. BTW, I like the idea of Lt. Spector in MOTU. There could have been so many cool possibilities for an updated Lt. Spector, but MS is a pretty lame figure/character.

I chose the first: I like 'em and I think he's a good looking figure. However, you have to take into consideration that I have a WIDE range of interests. He's very simple, and almost looks like a dollar store toy in terms of colors - but I think there are a few vintage MotU figures to which I could apply the same description. At any rate, that's makes me like the figure. It's different, and to me, that's a good thing.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

If he were a DC or Marvel character, I wouldn't like him. As a MOTU character, I hate him. Honestly, I could care less about who made him or how the bio explains his place in the line. When it comes right down to it, an unimaginative, spandex-clad superhero clone is simply going to look out of place on the shelf.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Don't like him and won't buy him.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I was referring to his loose 'bio' as described by TG at Power-Con as opposed to the actual bio, which obviously has not been revealed.
    I'm indifferent (though I do hate the spade emblem with a passion), but the 'bio' makes me dislike the character.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    At first sight i didn't like it, now i don't really care. Things may change, but i don't see myself buying this one.

Heroic Warrior
    I voted indifferent but like the bio. Am I going to get this figure? Most likely not. To me he would look better with either DC Superheroes or Marvel Superheroes. But as part of the MOTUC line? He just doesn't look right.

Im the only one who voted :I like him on his own, but the bio makes me like the character even more!

At first I had to bide my time to get a handle on him. I've decided I like him. I like the idea that he will be Lt. Spector, and that his bio helps tie things together more.

I also wanted to vote that I like him more because Toyguru designed him, because after all his hard work for this line, I respect and appriciate him. I'll be proud to own his figure.

I think most of the people who dont like this figure are the same people who if it had been vintage would have at least liked him via nostalgia glasses.

Since there is no way to prove this, whatever.

Certainly no worse than the NA portrayals in NA Toon, and actually has potential to be cooler. I know why people dont like him, and the truth isnt said. So be it.

Sure, I dont get the spade, I'd kinda like eyes. But I'm good. is it all that fantastic? No, but then he's new and not an "old friend".

Frankly, Deadpool is pretty stupid, and stupid looking. But we know so much more about him that we like him. Spector is much like that. If his character is cool enough that makes up for alot.

So a time traveler bears neat and more or less unique opportunities for stories to come.

Just stop the hatin'.

I don't like him. And I do think it's a bad looking figure. Plus the bio makes him Mehhh! I will end it on that positive note.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I think most of the people who dont like this figure are the same people who if it had been vintage would have at least liked him via nostalgia glasses.
    I wouldn't disagree with that. I think it's possible. Nostalgia is funny like that. But the fact is, only one guy is nostalgic for this character.

I know why people dont like him, and the truth isnt said. So be it.
    There is just no reasoning with some people. Of course. every person who said they didn't like it are just hiding the anti-TG conspiracy.

Just stop the hatin'.
    It's almost like I know what I'm talking about.
    Dismissing the people who don't like the toy as 'haters' is easier than admitting that they guy they put on a pedestal designed a lousy toy.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    He is the 1st Masters classic Figure im going to skip

why would anyone lie about their opinion of an action figure?

Im the only one who voted :I like him on his own, but the bio makes me like the character even more!

At first I had to bide my time to get a handle on him. I've decided I like him. I like the idea that he will be Lt. Spector, and that his bio helps tie things together more...

Just stop the hatin'.
    Nah, I'll vote that way with you. I did not like him at first. I would not like him in a boat, I would not like him with a goat. I've warmed up to him though, not enough to own him, but enough that I like that he exists.

He might die in his own bio, "The Mighty Spector travelled back in time to be a meat-shield for the Sorceress and take the fatal bite from King Hssss that would've mortally wounded her. He died in her place. His actions changed the timeline, the Sorceress lived, and things were right with the world again."

Sorry man, but I had a glass of Haterade earlier...or was it Tang? Eh, they're the same anyway.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    why would anyone lie about their opinion of an action figure?
    especially on an anonymous poll

Second choice.

I'd think it were a cool figure if it were part of another line. That's the honest truth.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

where's the bio?