Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Zen's He-Man & She-Ra Arts

As said, I am concentrating on the single still images for the moment. This one is not complete, I have to do the shade & shine next, but I just wanted to give another comparison of the original and my digital recreation, can you spot the differences:

Another frame from my digital reproduction of Friendship. Here we have She-Ra suffering from the most powerful migraine in the universe:

Last edited by Zentron; March 5, 2018 at 05:09am.

Finally, the base shade and shine is done, now just need to animate the eyes and mouths, then I can put this shot to bed:

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    As said, I am concentrating on the single still images for the moment. This one is not complete, I have to do the shade & shine next, but I just wanted to give another comparison of the original and my digital recreation, can you spot the differences:

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images...Glare_Orig.jpg

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images..._Glare_Rec.jpg
    Eyebrows and eyelids color.
    These are great, maybe upon recreation we can have an animated small film and maybe an original one after a few decades?

Migraine? That's hilarious.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Eyebrows and eyelids color.
    These are great, maybe upon recreation we can have an animated small film and maybe an original one after a few decades?

Migraine? That's hilarious.
    Yes, the eyebrows and eyelids colour, but I also straightened out her face and hair, also, she looks less stoned in my recreation, something I have noticed from watching the show, that they often look like they're high!

Heh, the most powerful migraine in the universe, another thing I noticed whenever there is some mental power involved, from the way they're drawn, it looks like they're suffering from a severe migraine, so when it came time to recreating this moment, there was only one thing I could call it!

Really hoping for a future short animated film using all those recreation sir.

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Really hoping for a future short animated film using all those recreation sir.
    That could come true, though I would need help, this is taking the longest of time by myself, especially as I only have a few hours at it per night, plus I am restricted to the use of a regular cordless mouse. Also I was planning on animating a pilot episode of my own reboot She-Ra, seeing as I have done an almost complete script, some of the character designs, not posted anyone else but Adora and She-Ra and I have modified my design of her a bit (Adora same as is), but so far, Madame Razz, Glimmer are pretty much in the bag, just a few details to work out, but I have got Frosta on the back burner, Bow, Kowl (who doesn't talk btw), Queen Angela, Catra and Shadow Weaver, not started anyone else yet, not until I'm done with these first.... Lohni will be started sooner than later, as she is a part of my pilot script!

Hurray, the pic of She-Ra suffering a nasty migraine is completed and up on YouTube! Obviously the background has not been included, especially since I haven't actually done it yet, problem is, it's part of a larger background image which is used in other sequences, so I prefer to do the background as one large image, rather than reproducing it in a different size for the other sequences, as I don't think I could reproduce it accurately due to my limited resources,. Though for now, please enjoy the video, as before, it shows the two versions, the original and my reproduction:

You may have noticed that the colours of my reproduction are somewhat different to the original in the sequences I have shared, that's because there is a colour issue with the original source video, however I sampled the colours directly from the cels that I have purchased, meaning they're as close to the original colours as possible, though I did change a few so that I could add shade & shine where needed, but that's it!

Yey (and like and literally liked the video too)

Thanks, and I forgot to mention in my previous post, I fixed the lip sync here too, several of the frames were wrong on the original, also, I added in an extra blink so that she didn't look like she was a statue!

OK, so it's been a couple of days since my last pic/vid, time for a new scene. This is from the moment after Hordak has just betrayed his word to Lohni and proclaimed not to have time for such trifles, where he rhetorically asks what he should do with Adora:

Glad the project is moving along.

Indeed it is, and I'm almost done with this scene too, only a few frames left to recreate, then just add the shade and shine, job done, on to the next scene!

Just have to do a couple of Adora's eye shapes and the shading for this scene, then that's another in the bag for my digital reproduction of the episode Friendship:

*Edit* 16/3/18
    OK, not too long until I can present the above sequence in a full animation comparison video, minus the shading on the characters.
    Last edited by Zentron; March 15, 2018 at 11:16pm.

I stopped doing this scene to get a few other simpler and quicker scenes done, but also because I am missing the animation as it starts off-screen, so making everything accurate is a bit of a pain... either way, here is another frame from my digital recreation of the episode Friendship, where Adora is commenting on the lack of guards:

Will be uploading my redesign of Madame Razz and Spiritina for my fan-reboot soon! Also, I just went on to Wikipedia to check on some things, but I clicked on the wrong page, I had clicked on the general She-Ra info page and I decided to give it a bit of a read.... I have not read any of the DC She-Ra comics, at all, any of them, though on reading the summary of Adora/Despara's origin, personality and what she does as a member of the Horde, it would seem that my fan-reboot Adora is very similar to her! Weird!
    Last edited by Zentron; April 30, 2018 at 09:55pm.

Not exactly the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I have done a quick 3 frame test of my reboot She-Ra sword transformation for my transformation sequence, also to point out, this just represents two-thirds of the sword transformation, where the blade and gem shoot upwards a bit, so that the wing-guards can spread, after this bit, the wings shoot out from the guard to the full transformed sword you saw earlier in this thread:

Excellent job, keep it up!!!

Just a couple minor updates to my She-Ra tiara design, nothing major, I just increased the size of the centre jewel, the wings and face guards:

Also, I'm doing a test animation, where in my transformation sequence, the tiara appears and spreads out over Adora's forehead, just a dozen or so more frames to go!

A long time in the coming, but here is the first (very)rough draft storyboard of my She-Ra fan-reboot transformation sequence! Obviously you'll notice similarities in this page to the 200X transformation, but as said earlier, my fan-reboot is supposed to be a follow-on to that series, so part of my transformation is based upon that transformation sequence, but in about a page or two, you'll see the clear differences. So without further ado, storyboard sheet 01:

OK, so here is page 2 of my She-Ra fan-reboot transformation sequence! Also, my achilles heel revealed... I hate hands lol:

OK, so as I was away last week on holiday, I managed to get a few pages done of my She-Ra transformation sequence done.... there's still some things design wise that I have to work out, particularly her boots, the design on the board is temporary, so the finished article will look somewhat different:

Right, a slight update to my She-Ra redesign, I have mentioned that I did not think my boots were all that, so I came up with a little something that I think fits better... plus I updated her tiara a little too:

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Right, a slight update to my She-Ra redesign, I have mentioned that I did not think my boots were all that, so I came up with a little something that I think fits better... plus I updated her tiara a little too:

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images...Full_02.md.png
    Maybe you could try the vintage toy heels. I think She-Ra needs some kind of heels, flat boots are more practical i know but still she can handle heels if you ask me

The blue on the sword the diamond shape dark blues look out of place colorize to me. I like the shade of color maybe you could use it on the armor somewhere again?

The skirt piece looks great. Superb mix of skirt and armor piece.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I can give her heals easily enough, but a little later! As for the blue sword details, I actually purposely coloured them like that to make them stand out, so I do see what you mean.

Also, a slight variation I did last night... nothing major, I'm just testing things out:

Back again folks, this time with a pic long in the coming, as I strive for accuracy, I couldn't reproduce Shadow Weaver correctly, but after long hours of searching scene by scene, I managed to find her in the right pose so I finally managed to get it done tonight! The background isn't done yet, that will be for when the production needs it, but for now, I hope you like the fruits of my labou: