Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Zen's He-Man & She-Ra Arts

Quote Originally Posted by DiElEl View Post
    That hq intro is incredible, thanks!!!
    Thanks for watching, though it's taken a long time and I'm getting tired of searching for the expanded backgrounds I need to finish it accurately, so I'll create the expansions from my imagination and get it done as soon as possible... would be nice if the final article was screened at this year's PowerCon.

Just have to wait for my brother to come and fix my computer tomorrow, so I can get back to the intro and She-Ra Friendship reproduction!

Done quite a few scenes for my digital reproduction of the She-Ra episode Friendship, not sure why it is taking less time to do than the He-Man intro sequence, but I am glad it is.

Here is a new sequence I am almost done with, just need to do the background art for it, then it's done:

Last edited by Zentron; June 30, 2017 at 09:14pm.

Added details! Unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Added details! Unexpected!
    There'll be many added details, but there will also be a few removals as well, such as any moment where Swift Wind talks, which will be replaced with horse neighing and snorting noises! Wherever possible, I have also added additional frames to make the animation appear much smoother, the above sequence is one of them, when she floats in, I made sure to have each frame contain a cel layer, along with the dangly bit of her hood I put in an extra motion cel, to make her stop look a bit more natural. You'll notice some of my changes, but others will be less obvious!

Also, not complete yet, I still have to do the shading on this pic, but I also have to add She-Ra as well, however, looks fine as is! I give you... Swift Wind:

Last edited by Zentron; June 30, 2017 at 09:13pm.

Right then, I had to go out for a bit, but I have finished adding She-Ra to this pic... trickier than I had anticipated, though came out well in the end! Well, at least, I think so

Last edited by Zentron; June 30, 2017 at 09:13pm.

Okay then, I finally finished this frame of my She-Ra episode Friendship digital reproduction:

Last edited by Zentron; June 30, 2017 at 09:12pm.

Brother came around again with HDD reader, so I managed to get a few things off it quickly before he left, one of the things I got, was this rendition of Shadow-Weaver I did for my digital reproduction of the She-Ra episode Friendship:

I had finished it shortly before my TV went kaput, but hadn't uploaded it yet, so today is a good a time as any... until I get the cash to get a new TV to use with my PC!

I finished this just the day my TV I was using as my PC screen, went to the great TV shop in the sky, my brother came around before I got home and was about to leave when I got back, so I got 5min to set up the HDD reader and grab these two:

The one on the right is a comparison image so you can see the changes I made!

Yeesh, making gifs on a tablet sure isn't as easy as I would have liked, but here is Shadow Weaver with her blast that disarms Adora in my digital recreation of the She-Ra episode Friendship:

Image reuploaded to new image hosting account.... stupid Photobucket
    Last edited by Zentron; August 22, 2017 at 07:44pm.

In a bit of a dilemma, after grabbing some images off my HDD yesterday due to a visit from my brother with his HDD reader (I really should buy one), I decided to update my avatar, which is up right now, he also showed up tonight! Wasn't expecting him, but I grabbed some more images today, couple of which are regarding my revamped Adora to She-Ra transformation animation sequence, but I also grabbed a good portion of the frames for the just above Adora scene... and then did myself another avatar! The problem now is, I like both of them a lot, and I really would like to stick with one of them for the time being, usually about 6 months or longer, but I can't decide on which! Who of the two do you think is best here? Which would you choose?

And yes, both of them have blinking eyes!

Good news on my front, I'll be getting a new TV in a couple weeks, so I'll be able to start up again in earnest. In the mean time, the storyboard for my new Adora to She-Ra transformation is coming along quite nicely, in fact as I am currently confined to my Kindle Fire HD tablet, I have decided to write a pilot episode script, loosely based on the originals, with some key differences! For a start, Adora is under no spell of Shadow Weaver's, I never bought that the first time around, and whilst she will join up with the rebels, there will be conflict between her and them, so much of it will be of her trying to win their trust to become one of them..
    plus lots of She-Ra of course

Obviously that will also require redesigning the cast of characters, which is fine by me, I do after all design on paper first before colouring digitally!

Where do you find time to do all this work?! I know how hard what you're attempting is, believe me! Don't forget to go outside and get sunlight and see friends, etc.

Neat to hear you're adding some frames to further smoothe the animation, but what's this about muting Swift Wind?? You put his voice bubble in an Imp chest or something? For shame!

*takes away your POP card*

I usually stay up till about 3-4am during the week (even later during weekends)

Yeh, there are a few moments that just look rather staccato, so I put in a few new frames to smoothe it out, plus a few moments where I think something looks better done another way, such as the moment in this ep where Adora has met up with Lohni, who then reveals the trap to Adora's surprise, during the point where she says "Hordak!" she takes out her sword at the same time, I decided to redo it so that she takes her sword out 'after' she says Hordack, I think it looks a bit better, plus due to the sound effects, I had to fit the frames of her arm reaching up and behind her in between the two points in time, so it naturally looks smoother animated.

As for Swift Wind, I basically just edit his speech out, I match up the music when he should be speaking and I add in some neighing instead if needs be, and animate accordingly.... this does sometime requires editing out moments where Adora and She-Ra communicates with Swifty. For example, when they come across they Tyrosaur, Swifty asks She-Ra "Do we fly or fight?" and She-Ra replies "Neither!", that had to go as well, plus during this moment, the camera trucks in, this also had to be edited out, so that just after she says "I thought they only lived on Beast Island!" she merely climbs of Swifty, no zooming! There are various other moments where I have to do some extra editing and animation, but I really dislike the talking animals Filmation regularly had in its productions!

New TV will be installed later next week, so I'll be able to get back to work on my re/creations then, though in the mean time, here is another pic taken from my computer today, my two brothers and niece came around for lunch today, so I got another chance to grab an image or two... well, I settled for one, the others are too soon in the recreation stage to bother showing, so just one for now!

The below image from the episode Friendship is from the moment where the tar octopus/squid/whatever, grabs ahold of She-Ra and she falls backwards. Now the first time I watched this scene, I was a little bothered by the animation where she says "Oopeennnn!!", as she is basically standing still as she says it, despite the fact that she sounds like it has grabbed her legs at this point, and in the next part of this scene she is rocking back and forwards, so I decided to edit it! Now as she says "Oopeennnn!!", the animation will be of her rocking forwards and backwards at the same time, which I believe to be more realistic.

Wasn't difficult to do, I just copied the lips for each of the frames that she mouthed open, rotated them to the angle that her head was in and merged them down.

Also to note, before I add the shade and shine, this image is comprised of 36 layers.

Keep up the good work... :-)

I will do, once I get my TV screen this weekend, I'll be finally able to get back to work after all of these months without being able to use my computer..... I've been going through withdrawal!

Hope everyone is OK with my giving Adora and She-Ra her blonde eyebrows!?

Looks good to me.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Glad you think so, my only nagging feeling about this and the rest of the frames in this scene, is that She-Ra's head just looks a tad too big! It's just a niggle, but it is in the same proportions as on screen, so I may just leave it alone!

Lastly, I did manage to figure the new sequence of frames for my edit of this scene, so now it will look seamless when it is completed this weekend... or early Tuesday! I go clubbing tomorrow night for about 8 hours (9pm-5am), so I'll probably be a little tired to work on it Saturday after I get my new TV screen for my comp

Now that's good art you got there
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Thank you, hopefully I can get my redesigns of Glimmer, Madame Razz and Spritina coloured for next week.

Right, new screen up and running, so I am back at things, actually got the sequence edited this afternoon, sooner than I thought, so I put up on YouTube a comparison video for all to watch. You should notice just by watching, though I shall point them out now, keep an eye on her lip sync and her wobble motion:

OK, so just finished this, the traditional She-Ra intro title, slightly different shading, but I did that just for the sake of being different:

Now you'll also notice the space background is a little different as well, that's just because I haven't painted it just yet, that I will get to a little later!

So a little bit longer than I had been planning for, but I have the first third of this scene done.. sort of, I only have done the shade & shine for her lips, the rest will have to be done a tad later, I want to get started on her rocking forwards and backwards before I do, so for now, here is a gif image of the first third: