Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zen's He-Man & She-Ra Arts

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Thanks, both were quite easy to do, but the next one... is a killer

And if you liked the remastering of just the Filmation part, you might enjoy this: http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1385633119

WOW, man! That is a one great remaster of the F. intro! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    A bit more movement from our shaky cat friend:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...psbeef2ff0.gif

And this one is also wonderful! Amazing works on Flash, right? wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Nankeiro View Post
    WOW, man! That is a one great remaster of the F. intro! Congrats!

And this one is also wonderful! Amazing works on Flash, right? wow...
    Glad you like the intro remaster, I enjoyed doing it!

The Cringer file is merely an animated GIF, unfortunately I've not found a site that will enable a forum friendly SWF version to be posted, also, I've still got another 8 frames to produce (technically there's a lot more than that, but they are mainly just the same frames doubled up) and the Cringer animation is done... then I just have to do the background and lightning effects!

And now for a little something which you should recognise from my new avatar: http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1388506773

It ended very well! It's a great Adam gif, man. Thanks for showing us.

Thanks, next time you see him, he will hold his magic sword aloft and say, "By the power of Grayskull!" That said, I'm getting the Cringer sequences out of the way first

OK I got a little bored doing Cringer and the "I HAVE THE POWEEERRRRR!!!!" sequence seemed a little bit easier to to than "by the power or Grayskull"... and is proving reasonably easy to do too, though whilst the 161 frames required to complete the sequence might seem like a lot, much of it is made of repeated frames (big shocker there), so there's about half that in real terms. So, here below is a sneak peek of IHTP:

wow!! these are awesome!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    wow!! these are awesome!
    Glad you like, they are taking some time to do, but I think it will be worth it in the end! Also if interested, here is 'Filmation Presents' remastered, with sound: http://youtu.be/qwe8fewRto8 I cleaned up the audio a bit, but I will remaster the sound properly later.

Video preview coming soon!

I dare you to try this with Adora! So much more craziness going on in the background...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I dare you to try this with Adora! So much more craziness going on in the background...
    Hmm, well, the effects won't be too difficult to produce, though I just don't have the time at present, but if you want to give it a go, have a blast

Awesome, zentron! That sneak is just that!

Quote Originally Posted by Nankeiro View Post
    Awesome, zentron! That sneak is just that!
    Thanks Nankeiro, though I think I've got the clouds moving a bit too fast, I shall have to slow them down for the preview vid I'm going to release sometime tomorrow!

Right then, below is the link to my short preview video for my digital recreation of the He-Man intro sequence. I know it's short and there a heck of a lot missing, but it'll all come together in the end! Anywayz, I hope you like some of what I have done so far.

http://youtu.be/PBDOS35wu-o

Heroic Warrior
    Nice stuff! Do you take old filmation and rework it?

Quote Originally Posted by CapricornDefender View Post
    Nice stuff! Do you take old filmation and rework it?
    Well, this is my first for recreating one of their animations, I generally just do one-off art pieces as you will have seen, but I do like doing my own take on things.

Heroic Warrior
    That's fun - a lot of work went into it, I imagine.

A fair bit... 30 frames for the 'Filmation Presents' sequence, 32 for the He-Man and the...' title sequence, 32 frames for the Adam 'Fabulous secret powers..' sequence and technically 60 frames for the 'I have the power' He-Man transformation sequence, though just 9 of those frames actually featured He-Man, the rest were just of the clouds rushing in the background sadly, 23 frames for Cringer being transformed (still have a few left to go) and of course, just the one (partially finished) background image of Grayskull. Always seems to take longer to do things when you don't have the professional tools to do the job, but I'm enjoying things

Below is an update of one of my earlier pieces, as there is a lot of detail needed to be changed and added for my piece, it's taking sometime to get it all done, but I'm very close, just the left rock and tower to go. Though as we all know, there's two different Grayskull fronts, one with the jaw-bridge down and the other up, both are used in the intro, I finished the one where it was down a good while back, which just left the one with it shut and I have finished doing that a few minutes ago... annoyingly, that now means I have to add a bit more to the ground, so I have just left below a compilation image of both versions:

GreyskullShutTrap.jpg

Hope you like the work done so far into... CASTLE GREYSKULL!!

*EDIT 30/3/14*
    Another update, just started off with the scene where Adam changes to He-Man, below is a still of Adam about to be transformed:

Attachment 94507

Those lightning bolts sure take a long time to do *phew*
    Last edited by Zentron; March 14, 2015 at 12:12am.

Wow, has it really been that long since my last post... I'm a naughty boy aren't I?

Anyway, I went back to the sequence where he shouts "I HAVE THE POWERRRRRRRRRRRRR!, and started doing the next frames, as you can see, I decided to abandon the light and shade, but this is only temporary, I just felt like doing so was taking up time that I could spend on just getting He-Man drawn! I was right, in the space of a week or so (on/off), I had managed to do 12 frames, in comparison to the previous 13 that took well over a month to do, the below pic you can see the change:

So far, the file for this sequence is just under 400mb in size and I'm only 1/5 done

*EDIT 2/6/14*
    A few more frames have been added, thankfully all I have to animate for a fair few frames is He-Man's mouth moving:
    Last edited by Zentron; June 2, 2014 at 05:43pm.

Wowie, this took forever, but I have finished with the animating of He-Man for this sequence, now I just need to add the shine and shade, along with the light effects, but essentially, this sequence is done, and hopefully, I can get another preview video out before long. Though for now, enjoy:

Before I forget, I did remove one frame from this sequence, as after constantly playing back the original opening, I noticed that when he was saying "THE POWERRRRR!!!", the movement of the mouth was out of sync with the audio. That frame was taken out, but in order to keep the frames consistent, I added an extra one at the end and everything seems fine now, the visuals look synced to the audio!
    Last edited by Zentron; June 14, 2014 at 10:55am.

Again, a long time since my last update on this, but, I've gone back to Cringer again, just 6 more frames to complete, then it'll just be a case of enlarging for the remaining 18 for this part of the sequence, and finally, I'll be getting onto his Battle-Cat roar sequence, for which I will be taking out the "Raarrrhhh, and I have the power TOOOOO!" lip sync bit and syncing his mouth movements to the sound of his roars!

Anyway, here is the latest Cringer gif pic:

Last edited by Zentron; December 23, 2014 at 08:39pm.

OK then, the bit where Cringer is being turned into Battlecat is done, just the smoke background and lightning effects to do and I can get onto his Battlecat roar scene! With that said, I have gone over to Adam's "By the power of Greyskull" bit, which this is almost done as well, the lightning effects is the only thing to worry about.

As I have a lot of this done now, I was thinking of another preview video, though I'm not sure if I should, or if anybody actually want to see another preview, as I was hoping to have had the whole thing done before last years out, but a lot of my time had been consumed by another project, can't and won't say what, that's between me and the other parties involved, please don't ask, though if one person asks for a new preview vid, I'll do it!

OK, another little snippet for y'all to see, not 100% complete, I still have to do the shade and shine on Zoar and the Sorceress, but the frames are done and the animation looks good! As you'll notice, I have added a little exterior glow to the transformation, just to give it that extra touch:

Well, it wasn't asked for, though as it only took a second to do, I have uploaded a new preview of my digital recreation of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe intro sequence.. not completed of course, but at least it's now the entire sequence and not a shortened cut version like the previous preview video!

Best viewed in 1080p HD!

Totally Dyslexic
    I´m always amazed how much work you put into your work

Keep it up!
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither