Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zen's He-Man & She-Ra Arts

That is soooooooooo coooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, I always like to give my all when I do something, this has taken much of it to do... mainly the time consumption really, this hasn't been hard work, I'm just using the skills and techniques I've attained over the years, so it's not something I'm unused to, but the time it's taking is quite tiresome.

I am enjoying the project, though once it is done, I have another in mind, a pic where She-Ra has accidentally decapitated He-Man... you'll laugh when you see it

Well guys, Greyskull is almost completed, just the rocks on the left, a bit of the ground and the icon on the front of the door and that will be that!

Just a little left to do on Greyskull, but I thought I would have a rest on that and take on another background image from the sequence, the Man-At-Arms bit to be precise.

The below preview is just one small part from the whole background, I thought wasting screen-space with nothing but white was rather pointless, so just the one part from it. A few of the elements are done, but if you look towards the back, you'll see how the pieces start out, as blank blocks of colour, after-which, I add the shade and shine, to make it look a bit more natural:

Well, one phase of Castle Greyskull has been finished, all that's left to do, is to finish off the version with the Jawbridge up and I can crack on with fitting them into the video, but first for your viewing pleasure, Castle Greyskull:

Last edited by Zentron; May 31, 2015 at 10:14am.

Well, Battlecat is coming on in leaps and bounds, but I wanted to give you all a little sample of what I have done so far! This is only one frame from the sequence, I have done several more:

Hey all, Battlecat going off on a roar is nearly there, the tail for part 1 of the sequence is done, now I just need to do the mouth movements, afterwhich I can do the main roar at the end, which you'll definitely notice as being different to the original!

For the moment, I leave you this little gif thumb... the full size one is over 4mb, so I thought it better this way, if you want to, the larger one can be viewed by clicking on thge thumb, but be warned, it may take a min or two to load:

Hey all, not long away from a third and final preview video, where the whole thing is completely animated, just minus the effects and stuff! But for the moment, an animated gif of Cringer becoming Battlecat:

This looks great So cool watching your progress. Btw, what do you plan on doing with this - Youtube? or something else.
    He-Man & She-Ra Stop Motion Video - Princess Adora's New Internet Song - now online on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by RafiS View Post
    This looks great So cool watching your progress. Btw, what do you plan on doing with this - Youtube? or something else.
    YouTube... possibly PowerCon, hopefully, maybe, if they would want to show it, I'm sure it'll be done long before then!

Just another 32 frames of the "He-Man.. the most powerful man in the universe!" sequence and I'll have finished the overall animation for that bit, minus the scrolling background and the shade & shine, which I'll be doing after I get the animation for the last few sequences done! I've rectified some of the animation errors as well, it's now a bit more smoother, which I am quite pleased with

Cool man - there's an HD version on Youtube - I just presumed that was yours and you'd finished it - I take it it isn't then
    He-Man & She-Ra Stop Motion Video - Princess Adora's New Internet Song - now online on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by RafiS View Post
    Cool man - there's an HD version on Youtube - I just presumed that was yours and you'd finished it - I take it it isn't then
    Sadly it's still WIP, due to me not working on it properly for the longest of time, then getting a bunch of commissions, not being able to do anything during that time, then just forgetting about it again for a good while, then when I finally get back to it, I have to go off to do something else, but now, I can work and do work on it a lot more now.... well, during my spare time anyway

The two previews on YouTube are mine, if they're the ones under my Zentron username, the third and final preview will be up, I hope by the end of the month!

Just 8 more frames of the current sequence, where He-Man runs up to and punches the screen... sadly I'm only getting 4 frames done per evening, which is not as good as my drawn frame rate of about 220 per working day. I am still on track with a 3rd and final preview at the end of the month, as long as I don't get any distractions!

*EDIT*
    Well just 3 more now for this sequence, not sure if it'll be tomorrow though, as I am out for most of the day, then I go out clubbing for 10pm until 5am, after which, I may go carbooting for more He-Man figures and stuff... gonna be quite tired after all this!
    Last edited by Zentron; September 18, 2015 at 09:01pm.

That's absolutely stunning! I'd like to see more of it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess View Post
    That's absolutely stunning! I'd like to see more of it!
    I'll be putting up a gif file of He-Man punching the screen a little later tonight, guaranteed, though I think one of those distractions I mentioned may be creeping up on me! My head feels heavy, a little dizziness, lump in the back of the throat, hot & cold sweats... usually this indicates the onset of the flu or a heavy cold coming on, no shivering though, so most likely just a heavy cold!

Anyway, back to completing the final frame of He-Man punching the screen... then a quick lie down for a minute or two

Right then, it's quick, blink and you'll miss it, but I have finally finished drawing the frames for when He-Man punches the screen! Shading and the moving background will be done when I get to the final presentation!

As you can see, I have made some minor changes to the frames, he's now more on-model!
    Last edited by Zentron; September 21, 2015 at 08:51pm.

This is looking so cool! What are you intentions with the final video? Youtube or something else? And I'm loving the backgrounds - is that just photoshop or AE or something else. So cool!

Glad you are liking what I have done so far RafiS, still some way to go, but I'm getting there.

Just like the other guy, it'll be put up on YouTube, obviously it would be nice for it to be screened at PowerCon, though that may be just a nice thought.

Everything you see visually, is done in Photoshop, mainly by hand, the odd background is done using filters only, but most have been done by me manually dabbing to get the desired cloud effect. The frames and audio are put together in Magix Movie Edit Pro, but that's about it, no AE or anything else.

Well, another milestone has been completed, where Prince Adam appears in silhouette and fades into colour and says "I am Adam, Prince of Eternia and defender of the secrets of Castle Greyskull!" another scene that felt like it was taking forever to get done... I really hate doing this merely in my spare time, what should take only a couple of days, is taking weeks to do But, it is getting done finally, might even be ready for a Christmas release

Currently finishing off a special effects sequence, but got a little bored, so I decided to give something else a go, to mix things up and less monotonous... I chose to finally give the Sorceress her light & shade for her sequence! Zoar next, then all that's left to do of here sequence, is the moving background effect, which is gonna be a killer!

I hope you like the full version of, the Sorceress:

Last edited by Zentron; October 21, 2015 at 04:49pm.

A little preview of the next and 2nd to last sequence to be fully animated, the other one with Cringer cowering is half done, but I'm really struggling on background sources:

Also if anyone knows the background number of the artwork used behind Cringer in the opening sequence, please let me know

Rightyho, I have decided that just before the end of December, possibly the 25th, I am going to be putting up on YouTube, a third and final preview video for my digital recreation of the He-Man intro sequence. I'd say the principal animation is about 96% complete, only 17 frames of Cringer doing his first bit of cringing in the intro, 42 done so far, with just 14 frames of the Man-at-Arms sequence left to do, then it's just a case of light & shade, plus the effects and the last couple of backgrounds to finish fully.

I don't know what I've been doing lately that I haven't checked my favorite part of the board. But this is GREAT Too bad we can't clone you and redo the whole series with all this cool shading and whatnot
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Thanks He-Manis007, I would love to redo the whole series like this, however, for lonesome me, that would be a very long task to do, plus as I don't have access to all the original backgrounds, recreating them would be very tricky indeed!

It took an age to recreate the ones I've done so far, as I had to scour the each episode for the correct backgrounds and as most had characters on them, I had to do each bg in segments, so freeze frame, take a screencap and save it in Photoshop, move the scene along frame by frame, take another screencap when the bit of the background that was obscured by the character was now in view, then the same again many times over, building up the layers of screencaps, positioning them so each section of the image was in just the right place, then erasing the parts that I didn't need, to create the finished original background. Once that was done, I would create shape layers corresponding to the main colour, many hundreds of them, and if I needed a rougher edge to the colour shape, I would use one of the brush tools to dab on the rough bits, then when all was said and done, I duplicated the layers and merged them, this way I still have the original shapes if I messed up adding the light and shade to the merged layers, which was done just using the Dodge & Burn tools.

Though after all the work I have done so far, I still haven't managed to find enough examples of the background behind Cringer when Adam says "This is Cringer. My fearless friend!" in order to recreate it properly and faithfully.

Lastly, it seems like tonight won't be the night for my third and final preview afterall, I still have 11 frames of Man-At-Arms to create and 14 of Cringer cowering, though as I am now off from work until the 4th of Jan, I can devote much of my day to getting them all done

Not that it seems this is advice you need but...take your time

Sounds like a lot of work that would have made me get frustrated within minutes! Hats off to you!
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.