Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Zen's He-Man & She-Ra Arts

Thanks Dolphane, the redesign of She-Ra and Adora are coming along nicely, I should be able to reveal them in the next week (fingers crossed), but for the moment, alongside my current projects, I have decided on another project... yes, another! I am still not going to redo the She-Ra intro sequence, however I am going to give the Princess of Power intro a go, so for the moment, I present, Erik Gunden aka Lou Scheimer aka Kowl:

OK, another quickie from my recreation of the Princess of Power intro sequence, this time of Queen Angella:

Today was another milestone in the He-Man intro recreation project, I have finished all of the lightning effects for Prince Adam's transformation into He-Man... I just need to find clean versions of the flash effect before I can call that sequence complete!

Anyway, so, the next piece of my recreation of the She-Ra POP intro sequence, or our favourite captain, Teela:

I'm sure the eagle-eyed people out there will have noticed I have given Teela, green eyes, I decided to do that, as we red-heads have a tendency to have green or grey-green eyes, blue doesn't suit!

*EDIT*
    Well well, I go and do She-Ra in the very same day.. though several hours after rewatching disc one of the German complete series DVD set:

Last edited by Zentron; October 25, 2016 at 11:11pm.

Continuing the new reproduction project, He-Ma is done! All of these pics will have shine & shade applied to them btw:

*EDIT*
    Now if only the He-Man intro would go this quickly, this time, Hordak from the intro sequence:

Last edited by Zentron; October 27, 2016 at 07:37pm.

Nice ones!

Thanks.... and back to my reboot transformation sequence!

You'll notice a lot of similarities to the original costume design for Adora, I didn't want to completely boot it off, but I think there is some considerable difference between the two! Now this is not the final version, I still want to add a few things, I just wanted to show that I am still doing this and show my progress:

Totally Dyslexic
    I like that redesign! And the picture itself is really cool.

The browns and reds do match great and the bangs fit Horde Adora!
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Thanks. It's more of a dark-grey red than brown... it was rather fun trying to redesign Adora and her Horde outfit, keeping it similar to her original design was my goal, which I believe I did, but changed enough to make her look more modern and I would say, slightly more baddarse! Still a few things to do as I said!
    Last edited by Zentron; October 28, 2016 at 06:14pm.

Right then, as said there was a few things I wanted to do to finish off my redesign of Adora... I have done them!

Left: Force Captain Adora of the Evil Horde - Right: Adora leader of the Great Rebellion

I really like your take on Adora, like a modern Filmation style

Quote Originally Posted by Dollphane View Post
    I really like your take on Adora, like a modern Filmation style
    Exactly what I was after, She-Ra will be similar to her Filmation version, kinda like how He-Man was in the 200X series, but with obvious changes and updates... and speaking of which, I will be getting on with redesigning She-Ra in a few days, I want to get back to finishing my recreation of the He-Man intro sequence!

Lastly... still no takers? Are there no ladies here who would like to take on being the voice of Adora and She-Ra for my redesigned transformation sequence?

I finished this sooner than I expected, the back view of my Adora redesign... my only issue, is the fact that for some reason, I have lost my original PSD file for my sword design, so it looks somewhat raggedy, as I have had to use the jpg image instead! Anyway, here is what my new Adora looks like from behind:

She-Ra to be next.... unless I decide to do a Glimmer redesign for a bit of fun

Took a little time-out for these last couple of nights, the effects of the intro sequence were beginning to tire me, so I threw this together for kicks, possibly the most powerful credits in the universe:

Well I found my PSD file of my She-Ra redesign, not in a place I would have thought to look, but found none the less!

Just posting a little preview of something else I have started, I shall leave you all to guess what

Wanted to mention how much I really like that Adora redesign!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 6.5.17!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Wanted to mention how much I really like that Adora redesign!!
    Glad to hear, hopefully you will also like my She-Ra redesign as well... once I finish her of course

Another pic related to my recent Adora one, hope y'all like:

Surprise:

No, it's not the He-Man intro fully complete, it's something new! Also I know it's not much but I have made a couple changes to the animation, I even made her trigger finger actually pull, well.... the trigger!
    Last edited by Zentron; February 6, 2017 at 07:20pm.

More from the new project, just another frame, no animation, though I may also have my redesign of She-Ra up soon, but for now:

OK then, here is my possible She-Ra redesign... it's 5:40am here, and I am beat, so I've only done a little bit of the shading, I'll do the rest at a later date:

*EDIT* 5/2/17
    Right, shading done, hope y'all like:

Last edited by Zentron; February 5, 2017 at 03:12pm.

A new preview shot from my 5th He-Man/She-Ra project, this is a shot of Grizzlor setting the guards on She-Ra after he has found here in the cell where Adora was supposed to be... not done completely, I still have 2 frames to reproduce then add the shade and shine, before I get to the background! Anyway, I hope you like what you see:

Not sure as to why, but the episode reproduction is moving along much faster than I had anticipated, so here's two moments from the reproduction:

Last edited by Zentron; June 30, 2017 at 09:16pm.

A slight update to the previous picture, as I have finished the animation of her landing and starting on the robot running cycle, I decided on posting this here:

Last edited by Zentron; June 30, 2017 at 09:15pm.

Widget
    Dude, your redesigns, all the work you're putting into animating these things, it's amazing! I love your work, especially the She-ra redesign. It's better than the DC comics one IMO.

Glad you're liking what I have done so far, my policy has always been go all in, or don't bother, it may take longer, but the end result is worth it.

Sadly I'll have to be taking a short break from my work for the next few days, something has gone wrong with my computer, I get nothing on screen.... and I was in the middle of a new layer too

That hq intro is incredible, thanks!!!