Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The I wish The Star Sisters would go away thread!

The I wish The Star Sisters would go away thread!

I personally think these figures are really aweful. I do not want them and I think it's a really bad idea to have these obscure rather ugly looking figures as part of the subscription. The sub sales are down and I personally think it's in part due to The Star Sisters. Though I don't think Sweet Bee helps either.
    I would've much prefer Frosta, Angella or Scorpia. ie Fighting woman as the brand name suggests.

Wheather some folks accept it or not there are many out there who do not like having to buy these particular figures for the following reasons.
    A) These are too obscure.
    B) They are not very cool to look at
    C) They are expensive.

I would like to hear from folks who feel the same way as I do.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

yeah they are off on Ebay once they arrive, i just don't like the design of them at all

I'm not a big fan of them, but I'm getting them. My like of them is on the lower tier of likeness, for sure. I think the best one of them by a landslide is Jewelstar.

I've heard many "voices" displeased with them - more so than just about any other MOTUC figure from any of the previous and current sub(s)..
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I still 100% think it's very silly if people avoided the sub just because of the Star Sisters. If someone wants everything EXCEPT the Star Sisters and decided not to buy the sub solely because of them...you end up spending more money. 2012 day-of sale prices are higher than sub prices (the exact amount is yet to be revealed, but probably between $2-5) and then you have to get Shadow Weaver from a secondary source for probably $70 + shipping (I think that's what she went for on BigBadToyStore).

Not getting a sub JUST to avoid the Star Sisters = more costly than just getting the sub and giving them away as a present or donating them to a charity in the overall big picture.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Frankly, these are not the versions of the Star Sisters I wanted (and they probably would have been better as SINGLE releases because these ones are missing quite a few of their accessories)...but I'm glad we're getting the characters. This is no different than getting He-Ro, Eldor, Vikor or Demo-Man. This is an all-encompassing line and the sub is always going to be such. Mattel announced this from the beginning and even showed the Star Sisters at SDCC. If you're not a fan of a bunch of the figures that are coming (whatever they may be: NA, PoP, 200X, etc.) a sub probably isn't for you. Trying to deny lifelong fans figures they have wanted and waited for since the 80's (which were actually announced, advertised and shown...unlike Vikor, Demo-Man and Gygor) is kind of selfish, in my opinion. "I don't like it so no one should have it."

How many "X character should go away!" threads do we need?

Anyway, I very much doubt the Star Sisters are the reason for sub sales declining (as I explained above). Plus, we know we're getting Sorceress, Fisto, Kobra Kahn and Shadow Weaver: the MOST fan requested figure by all MOTU fans (outside Ram-Man). I think the decline might have something to do with:

- Economics
    - Shelf space
    - Digital River problems
    - Quality Control (figure breakage, backwards parts, cheaper plastics)
    - Unimpressive variants (BG Evil-Lyn and now Snake Man-At-Arms worried people about future quarterly variants being "just a repaint" at $30 a pop).

Just something to chew on. So many greatly desired figures are coming out in 2012 and the sub sales are the lowest yet, cannot be because of one set...

Also, Sweet Bee was one of the most popular women from PoP. He-Man had feelings for her and Frosta hated her for it. She's pretty much a female Buzz-Off...so...anyone not liking her, should hate Buzz-Off as well.

I posted all this in case Mattel reads this thread. The Star Sisters should not become a scapegoat for all the potential reasons why the 2012 sub did not sell as well. Heck, some people even refused to buy the sub because Shadow Weaver was the exclusive and people were too outraged by that they quit the line! They stuck to their word too. I saw a bunch of MOTUC collections go up for sale.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; November 1, 2011 at 04:55pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

To be honest, I have to agree that I could have done without them.
    Especially as a 60$ 3 pack in the subscription. I would have prefered that they were out the subscription like Gramanyr. Something with that price would have been nice to choose for.

But I have the sub twice and will have 6 of them. At least I can give Tallstar a very long neck and have 3 bases for customs. It is all okay i am a completist and I like the female MOTUC sculpt.

Hey Eamon,

Is everything okay? This is your first post since 5 weeks. You have been quiet. I miss your rants
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; November 1, 2011 at 04:36pm.

I agree with Eamon. I don't want them, I'm not fond of the designs, I'm not happy that $60 of my sub is going to them (something I don't want).

If Mattel would have allowed for tiered subs, I wouldn't be stuck with them.

They'll either be sold on ebay or they'll become custom fodder. I haven't decided yet.

Tu quoque Eamon!
    And the Star Sister rocks

Heroic Warrior
    I wish the Star Sisters would go away FROM THESE AWFUL HATE THREADS AGAINT THEM and into my glass cabinet!

Each and every one of them is still better than The Mighty Spector.

Funny thing is that I would have prefered the Star Sisters to look more like thier toys, which could arguably be MORE girly. Of course, you never said "girly", but I assume that's your major qualm with these. They're obviously not ugly; just not to your tastes. Honestly, they aren't much to mine either, but they're an interesting anomaly and I like owning stuff like that (plus, Jewelstar is pretty dang cool and I'm a sucker for translucence).

Anyway: Sweet Bee? When? Where? Was this announced?
    Last edited by Alexx; March 20, 2013 at 12:17am.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    considering your dislike for bow having a heart logo Eamon, i had a feeling this thread was coming!

but in this rare occasion for us, we fight for the same side!!!

60 bucks for 3 random chicks, to start off a year.

not great marketing by TG and Mattel. they are part of my short list of reasons for not getting the sub.

EAMON: great post ... i agree with you ...

i'm happy for you POP guys and gals, but these are one of the main reasons that i chose not to subscribe for 2012 ...

the last thing i want to do in january (of all months) is pay $60 for 3 would-be POP dolls ... sorry guys, just my opinion ...
    Last edited by tmc1984; November 1, 2011 at 05:04pm.
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Hey Eamon, long time no post, glad to see you back.

I have a feeling your thoughts on the Star Sisters on the upcoming RGD episodes are going to have me in hysterics
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I could totally do without them. No interest at all.

But there are some who do want them, and to keep everyone satisfied, there will be items in the sub I accept that I am not going to like.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I don't really know where to post this...but since there's now a Star Sister hate thread, would it be appropriate to unlock the Star Sister support/discussion thread...or maybe start a new one? There's been so much to talk about but no place to talk about it.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Well they certainly stopped me from getting an extra sub. But honestly most 3 packs would have, not many that I would have been excited about? Would have been worse if these 3 were all individual releases in the same year though (but if they were spaced out $20 releases over 3 different years, I probably would have prefered that)!!! But yeah this is definitely the item I am looking forward to the least for 2012.

I am excited about adding them to my collection. However, I wish they were based on the toy design vs the magazine poster/appearance. I hope that most of the future Pop releases are based on their toy counterparts. The extra detail on the original toys fit better with the Motuc brand.

Thank god Eamon is posting again. Voice of reason missing on the forum.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    That's the price we pay for buying the sub--you are guaranteed every MOTU character that they get to making in a given year, but not every character in MOTU is your cup of tea.

It could have been "worse". We could have had the Horde Troopers up front and the Star Sisters get revealed later on in the year.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Agree with Eamon over here!

I was on the fence about the sub (leaning toward a no), but the Star Sisters reveal was the thing that pushed me over the edge.

AWFUL.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I would have spread them apart in separate months. Having three of them at once feels like force feeding. They've never tested out a $60 item before either, so how'd it get stuck in the sub?

Everyone has a right to express their opinion, and seeing that this is Eamon's post, the Eamon abrasiveness is expected... I disagree on wanting them to go away on the principle of the all inclusiveness of the line. (Regardless whether or I may or may not want them. I want them, but I can understand why people may not.)

I don't think that the Star Sisters multi pack is the main reason that subs are down. (economy down the crapper, too many lines on Mattycollector, less scalper support are more likely to be the main culprits. IMHO) Sure I would've preferred Glimmer, Frosta, Castaspella, or even Sweet Bee before them, but I don't make the roster selection...

My thoughts on the 3 points as why Eamon does not want the Sisters
    -They are too obscure? Did Vikor, Gygor, or Demo-Man had tons of media appearances
    Let's see: The Star Sisters showed up on a She-Ra Episode... (Bow's Magical Gift IIRC)
    A She-Ra Storybook...
    What do these other guys have? Nothing!
    YES, they ARE not Ultra well known characters and kinda obscure, (mostly cause Filmation had a LOT of characters that showed up only once and vanished into oblivion) but they're not the most obscure characters that the line has made.

-They're not cool to look at?
    I'd say Starla looks a bit plain and Tallstar without her extensions does not have that link between name, action feature and appearance that MOTU has.
    But what is Eldor? An old man in a hoodie.
    Queen Marlena? a chick in a green dress... (Captain Glenn is more awesome)
    but different strokes for different folk and all that... Your scale of coolness does not match mine since that would be relative.

-The price being too high? I completely agree with this! It could've been a Horde Trooper 3 pack and the price would still make me cringe.

If they were cheaper and looked a tad less bland they might be an easier pill to swallow for the customers that are not too fond of PoP.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I really hope they will not release repaints these in the sub!

Im surprised this thread hasnt been closed yet.

This will probably be the 1st MOTUC item I wont open but I will still keep them

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It could have been "worse". We could have had the Horde Troopers up front and the Star Sisters get revealed later on in the year.
    That's a good point! I'm glad Mattel was upfront with them
    Last edited by Fabulous; November 1, 2011 at 05:17pm.
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Get rid of the Star Sisters....I have been barking up that tree since I first saw them.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!