Thread: Glee

Heroic Warrior

Glee

Only does Broadway showtunes and Justin Bieber/Katie Perry/Lady Gaga garbage anymore. Classic rock fans are feeling alienated.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    What?! You didn't like the Kermit the Frog song? And honestly, I'm getting tired of the show myself. It used to be cute and semi-believable, there were many instances in the show that reminded me of my time in high school in the early 90's. But the over the top bullying, Quinn's plot to get the baby back, and Sue's 'everything' is killing my interest.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

In case you missed tonight's show, here's a transcript:

Every Character For The Entire Episode:

"Wahh wahh wahh wahh wahh!!!!!!!"
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I agree tonights episode really bored me! not even Blaine could make it better! I dont like the direction its taken! (and I hate the proliferation of Beiber and Perry dross!)
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I enjoyed the girls' Christina Aguilera song. The Irish kid does NOTHING for me. Somebody give him the hook!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I enjoyed the girls' Christina Aguilera song. The Irish kid does NOTHING for me. Somebody give him the hook!
    He's also clearly not Irish LOL I know of no full-blooded Irishman, or woman for that matter, who wouldn't have beaten the crap out of anyone who did the kinds of things McKinley's scuzzbags do to him. Us Irish don't play nice when attacked.

Heroic Warrior
    One of the problems with the show for me is that I watched the first season thinking that all of these kids were seniors or maybe juniors. Come to find out in season three that they were all sophemores to begin with? I don't buy it. As talented as some of these people are, their high school story lines ran their course in the middle of last year. They needed to jettison some of the old blood and bring in more than one or two token "new talents." And Sue's jokes about Schuster's hair were last funny about a year ago.

Of course, it doesn't help that the music has become forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    Only does Broadway showtunes and Justin Bieber/Katie Perry/Lady Gaga garbage anymore. Classic rock fans are feeling alienated.
    That's my problem with the show.

Glee used to be really fun. Now its all songs I don't know and music I don't care for.

I even miss Will rapping...

I just find Rachel completely insufferable. She's a good singer, but nowhere near Mercedes' level. I find Mercedes' storyline of leaving the club completely understandable, and I'm totally sympathetic to her. I actually liked seeing the girls leave the now boy-heavy club.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    He's also clearly not Irish LOL I know of no full-blooded Irishman, or woman for that matter, who wouldn't have beaten the crap out of anyone who did the kinds of things McKinley's scuzzbags do to him. Us Irish don't play nice when attacked.
    Believe it or not, he really is Irish. I wasn't sure either so I asked my wife who knew cuz she watched some of "The Glee Project", of which he was one of the winners.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I just find Rachel completely insufferable. She's a good singer, but nowhere near Mercedes' level. I find Mercedes' storyline of leaving the club completely understandable, and I'm totally sympathetic to her. I actually liked seeing the girls leave the now boy-heavy club.
    Yeah, "boy-heavy" because the girls are leaving. It should be boys only if the girls are just going to leave and make a girls only one. I wouldn't mind seeing that. Would make things more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Believe it or not, he really is Irish. I wasn't sure either so I asked my wife who knew cuz she watched some of "The Glee Project", of which he was one of the winners.
    Oh, I know he's Irish, but the fact that he's been written as a complete wuss is completely unbelievable LOL

I used to be a big fan of Glee. However, I couldn't bring myself to watch it this year. The main problem, for me, is Sue. Now, I love Jane Lynch and think that she's tremendously talented, but the character is so flat and redundant. How many episodes to we have when she tries to destroy the Glee Club? It was fun in the first season and I thought that she turned a corner when her sister died. However, the writers seemed to forget this and now she's attempting to dismantle the club again. Again! I had enough.

Tundra Torque, did you watch the last episode? It seems she may have changed a little.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Tundra Torque, did you watch the last episode? It seems she may have changed a little.
    No, I didn't watch last night's episode, so my perceptions might be a bit off. But, it seems that this happens a lot: there's a small change and then she's back to where she was.

The other problem for me is that I have been very busy lately and my tv watching schedule has been greatly reduced. Glee was one of the first shows to go...

My brother has the show set up to record on the DVR, don't think he has watched it much lately. I typically skim it to listen to the performances many of which I am just left thinking OK. This weeks Smooth Criminal though, the singing was par for the course but I really dug the cello work on it.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I have never seen an episode. However i accidentally stumbled upon lea michele....and i love her

I watch it each week, alot of times just for the music (the girls version of Roberta Flack's
    First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
    was excellent!) I'm also entrigued by Nene Leakes' swim coach character. As far as the main cast, I get bored with Lea Michelle, Matthew Morrison, Chris Coffer and Corey Monteith both in voice and total air time wasted on them. The other reason I watch this is because it occurs just before New Girl with Zoey Deschanel which IMO is one of the funniest new shows out. On a side note, I did not enjoy the Glee Michael Jackson tribute show.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

I'm revisiting GLEE, its on now Netflix. Just popped on episode 4 of Season 2. Blaine (Darren Criss) is such a dark haired dreamboat! I've been hanging off all his performances. This guy is insanely musically gifted, and I don't just mean his GLEE performances, check him out elsehwere.

The GLEE cast is loaded with hunks, Finn (Cory Monteith) Puck (Mark Salling) Sam (Cord Overstreet) , Will (Matthew Morrison) and Mike (Harry Shum)

Sue (Jane Lynch) is the most wickedly lovable villain. She is like a track suit wearing, lesbian Skeletor! love this show!
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; January 4, 2013 at 03:13am.

I have never seen a single episode...

Heroic Warrior
    I am utterly embarrassed to have started this thread.

But in all seriousness, I haven't watched any Glee this season and barely held on to watch the end of last season. After the first season, this show never recovered in my opinion.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    We started watching, and actually quite liked the first two seasons. Last season was awful. We debated just giving up, but we were home one weekend with nothing to do and nothing to watch on the DVR except Glee, so we ended up watching out Season 3.

Season 4 is actually (overall) better than Season 3, but that isn't saying much. If the show ended tomorrow, I wouldn't care. We basically let it build up on the queue, watch a few episodes at once, and then ignore it for a month or two. I like Marley OK, but the other new characters don't interest me, and the sloppy writing, cheesy/predictable song and plot choices, and mewling acting are off-putting. Jane Lynch is always fun to watch, but I am so sick of Rachel at this point.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Sick of Rachel as well.....don't even find her that talanted. The show isn't the same anymore and is quickly losing my interest as well. I think it's time to call it quits. Glee - The New Class just isn't really working. No more 20 somethings in hs. Didn't work for Saved by the Bell either.