Thread: WTFWTK 2.69 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.69 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by mjw41.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. grenadaspice:
    It has been asked if Castle Grayskull could be sold in separate parts, sort of as a collect & build type of playset, thinking this would bring the cost down, but it has been stated that it wouldn't make sense logistically & If Castle Grayskull were to be made, it would be done properly. Now, my question is what is your stance be on a 3 Towers of Eternia playset. Could be sold as 3 separate mini-playsets, as they are technically 3 stand alone towers minus the connecting monorail system. And even though I would love to see the monorail system and think that parts of the track and a monorail vehicle could be packaged with each "tower mini-playset", that Eternia diorama/display at SDCC showed how awesome the towers can be without the track. What are your thoughts on the Ultimate Battleground and selling it this way?

2. bianchi5:
    We know that no figure past Hurricane Hordak and Leech will ever see a reissue, but does this apply to army builders too? If it doesn't, do you plan to refresh them with new heads and accessories?

3. Count Marzo:
    When you guys start doing more Filmation figures, how will you decide what accessories they will come with? Will they be accessories from the episodes they appeared in or will the Four Horsemen do up some new things for them if they didn't really have accessories in the cartoon? I love Shadow Weaver's cartoon accessories!

4. CaptainMendoc:
    The Filmation Modulok did not seem to have the same shape-changing abilities as the toy. His proportions were also more muscular than the toy, with arms and a torso that were more in line with the rest of the characters. If his toy counterpart is too costly to produce, could he be released in his Filmation version (four legs, two arms, torso with one head), possibly with his extra head as an accessory? His four-legged lower body could potentially be shared with a Mantenna sculpt.

5. shadowfall1976:
    Since Snake Man-At-Arms is coming in 2012, will the original Man-At-Arms get a re-issue too? If not, will SMAA get a alternate normal "Duncan" mustached head for those of us who missed out on the first release?

--------------

So ask those questions!

Figure Stands

Now that Snake Mountain stands are being made, are there possibilities of stands for each of the factions? (ie- Fright Zone stands, etc...)

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Has the line been definitely approved through 2013 at this point, or will that not happen until sometime in 2012?

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Why Man-at-Arms have a lot of extra accesories, the Palace Guards have a ton of accesories and Snake MAA just have a head and a ring?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I've seen some panels from the dark horse mini comic and it looks really awesome... I was wondering if mattel might be on board with dark horse to make an ongoing comic series? Like a full size comic book series in shops to supply the fans with some media.

Thanks, jason

Ok with the Teela backstory as her being a clone of the Sorceress instead of her Daughter like the Filmation/MYP Series and with Battleground Teela reinforcing that why the change?? Being a clone/part of the Sorceress was always a weak story and Teela actually being her daughter makes more sense and it give each character her own story instead of Teela being a part of the sorceress as a clone...

Movie mayhem!
    We were told Keldors swords. Can we get an update about when we will see these items?

We know heads require a lot of tooling and paint apps. If a theoretical head pack was released as a normal figure release price. How many heads would be included? Just a guess doesn't have to be exact. My thinking on this questions is maybe there is not enough heads wanted to warrant a head pack yet when variants could be made on figures with extra accessories and different heads. Like you did with Evil Lyn and could do with a 200x Roboto with same Roboto body(fixed shoulders), different head, both removable hands, and a 200x removable chest plate.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Are secret accessories going to come back in 2012?
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Just because I doubt future bios will be detailed enough to help in this regard:
    In which order do the following villains join Keldor/Skeletor - Panthor, Evil-Lyn, Kronis, Beast Man, Whiplash, Trap-Jaw, Mer-Man and Clawful?

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    From the beginning, MattyCollector.com was updated with new product pages and bundle pages at least 1-2 months in advance of sale dates. Over the last few months, updates to the website and its sale items have slowed tremendously and not taken place until LESS than 1 week before sale day. Can the site (i.e. news, item product pages, bundle sales pages, etc.) start being updated more frequently as to give loyal and fairweather buyers alike more time to budget their money and toy desires?
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

In Snout Spout's bio, it's mentioned that he is one of three athletes to undergo a change thanks to Hordak. Will we ever meet the other two athletes or was this just filler for the bio?

Heroic Warrior

Rights?

We all know you CAN'T make figures that appear in the P & H book. And understand why.

But can't you just go to the person who you think drew it/conceived it/whatever and go "hey that concept character is on a top 10 wanted list by the fans. We (Mattel) want to make it. "Here's x dollars for the rights and the art. or at least a copy of the art."

I know I'm over simplifing it but it shouldn't be that hard to get them.

Court Magician

Battle Armor Faker

Will Battle Armor Faker be available again on toysrus.com or at retail or is the secondary market the only way to get him now?

Thanks.

Heroic Warrior
    1)Why was Bubble Power She-ra (She-ra 2.0) not chosen as a quarterly varient when she is a must have to ride Swift Wind?

2)You often speak of a "Road map" up until 2016. Has that year changed now that you have rights to so many other figures or have you just adjusted the map by removing figures and adding new ones?

Now I know it has been stated that we will be getting no Filmation style varients of any figures, such as Heman, Skelator, Randor, etc, Everything is in the "Classicized" Format. Would you guys consider a "Classicized" version of Filmation Clawful, Tung lashor, and Multibot as varients, due to the extreme differences in their character design, sort of Like we got with Zodak and Zodac, and Teela and the Goddess. Tung lashor especially, he could even be turned into a new character, as he looks nothing like his toy counterpart.