Thread: Custom Vintage Green Goddess

Custom Vintage Green Goddess

Hi all. Here's my first go at a vintage custom figure... well... re-paint. I had a spare Teela and thought it'd be great to have a Green Goddess in the vintage collection. I'm still working out which paint is best to use. She's pretty glossy I know but I kinda like the 'shiny etherial' look it gives her. I'd love to know what you guys think!

WOW!!! I like it very much. Your first custom has turned out marvelous. Good paint job!! great idea as well. I use acrylic paint and the glossy effect is nice for the vintage line, in the classics line I use matt
    Last edited by Clive Martin; November 11, 2015 at 06:14am.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Martin View Post
    WOW!!! I like it very much. Your first custom has turned out marvelous. Good paint job!! great idea as well. I use acrylic paint and the glossy effect is nice for the vintage line, in the classics line I use matt
    Thanks Clive! That means a lot coming from the famous "Clive 'I made my own kickarse Snake Mountain' Martin". So did you start with the vintage playset and build around it? It's SO cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jjhuehn View Post
    Thanks Clive! That means a lot coming from the famous "Clive 'I made my own kickarse Snake Mountain' Martin". So did you start with the vintage playset and build around it? It's SO cool.
    Well, hahaha, thank you for yr compliment! I started with a real big cardboard box, made it in the shape of a mountain, took toiletpaper rolls, cut them, made the snake, stuffed it with newspapers, and put the clay on it, then I took the vintage right side of snake mountain, and made some plateaus with cardboard and paper, then put on clay, the hardest part was to make the lavafall, I made it from a cardboard box, and clay, haha, the bridge, I used three parts of the bridgearms. and I used the vintage right top, but broke the bottem off. to make it fit for the classics figures.

Heroic Warrior
    I think she looks great! I'm now tempted to try one myself!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE