Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Third part retailers and figures and accessories feedback

MOTUC Third part retailers and figures and accessories feedback

Hello orgers!

This is a space for us to discuss the growing universe of the third part figures and accessories, good or bad customer service, high or low quality of the products and etc.
    I decided to start here in the masters of the universe forum because of the bigger visibility,so it can help more people but if it needs to be moved the customs forum, be it!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

I do like Alessandra's Frosta head; it is much closer to her look in Filmation. Those pursed lips, however, look goofy, no matter how well sculpted they are. It looks like she's getting ready to spit at me. I'd like to see someone give her a closed-mouth look.

I've ordered from Castle of Power (Zombihamma-AI) and Kevin Kosse (TIN) and both of them had great communication and sent the items quickly. I've also ordered from Evil Mike's Shapeways store, and his accessories are really top notch. I did get something from Alvis Underground, but there was no communication, and it was over 4 months before I received my item.

I get that third-party customisers do this as a side hobby and have busy lives, but if you're going to offer your works for sale, communication is KEY. Even if it takes a long time to make your item(s), a message here and there to keep people in the loop goes a long way to assuaging doubts and misconceptions.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Heroic Warrior
    This is true, communication is the key, it does take a long time, if I was able to sit down and do this as a full time job it would be awesome

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Nekk-ra

I want a blackstar conversion kit from Alvis and with Jitsu returning on sale in September, I really want a second Jitsu just for that. I am concerned about how often, restock, ect. It is pricy though the quality was top notch from what I can tell from pictures. I also dont mind waiting, even a long time, especially because it is such a cottage industry but lack of communication worries me.

Nekk-Ra, if you dont mind how much was shipping from Germany to Michigan? I'm in Indiana and I'm certain it'd be similar. Shipping scares me from overseas, especially since Kevin's heads are awsome but expensive.

I do not know who/what Alessandra is.

So far I have not seen a pic of a Shapeways 3d printed item that doesnt look far to raw to me. So far nothing beats hand sculpting & casting. It's just in hand it looks like what it is, layer upon layer of sediment, and that bothers me.

Someone (He-Bro? Evil Mike?) had a really great Trident ostensibly for Netossa I wanted, but I just cannot get it outta my hand they'll be not smooth enough.

This kind of discussion belongs in the Customs area (so its being moved there) ,you can discuss quality, consistency, and whether you would buy from them again but please take note any detailed feedback about deals or sales needs to be left in the Trader Review. I do not want to see this thread derailed with people complaining about deals they made that did not go well.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I will just give a quick review of who I have dealt with:

Alvis takes a little while to get you things, but in my experience its worth it.
    TIN is phenomenal to deal with and his work is great
    Zombihamma does great work...sometimes it takes a little time to get your items, but he always communicates
    Karak Nul Great bits and bobs--probably the most prolific of all customizers
    MasterEnglish Very responsive and top notch work and quality
    Pyre Very talented, but I tried to contact on several occasion 2 years ago and very poor with communication-
    Hunter Knight Really good work...I bought a couple pieces from him, and the paint was a bit sloppy, but I have seen his work on other pieces that my friends have, that really look good--I would dare say my items are the exception not the rule.
    Joe Amaro Very professional---too nice of a guy---often bites off more than he can chew for fulfillment, but ALWAYS comes through with quality product.
    Last edited by melmoth666; September 10, 2014 at 03:28pm.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    This kind of discussion belongs in the Customs area (so its being moved there) ,you can discuss quality, consistency, and whether you would buy from them again but please take note any feedback about deals or sales needs to be left in the Trader Review. I do not want to see this thread derailed with people complaining about deals they made that did not go well.
    I thought this thread was for, that to show who's worth dealing with

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    I thought this thread was for, that to show who's worth dealing with
    There is a difference between saying this is good and this is bad and detailing your transaction to point out a deal that went bad. Look at some of the posts right above you to see what a proper feedback post would look like. I have updated my warning to say "detailed" information.

This area should function more to discuss 3rd party accessories/custom items and their quality and no give us a run down of a deal gone back and 10 posts either agreeing you got screwed or complaining about the person as well. That then becomes more detailed feedback and belongs in the trader review area so others are warned before they buy. Otherwise you are making more work for the mods by basically having duplicate threads that say duplicate things

Alvis Underground is a perfect example, there already exists a pretty current thread in the Trader Review that details peoples transactions and their issues. There is absolutely no reason that information would need to be reposted here.

Now if you want to talk about the quality (good or bad) of his custom items or if you would want to get something from him again that is fine.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    Evil Mike shapeways, top notch, doesn't get any better.

Battle_Brak shapeways, quality.

Karak nul ecrater, comes through, the communications has gotten way better.

Spymonkey Creations, almost like actual production pieces
    Dolph He-man, Langella Skeletor, Exclusive God Skeletor, Karg, Lubic, Shock Troopers.

Join the movement, Movie figures sub for two thousand x-teen.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    This kind of discussion belongs in the Customs area (so its being moved there) ,you can discuss quality, consistency, and whether you would buy from them again but please take note any detailed feedback about deals or sales needs to be left in the Trader Review. I do not want to see this thread derailed with people complaining about deals they made that did not go well.
    I thought the trader review section was only for traders operating in the marketplace whereas this thread is about all sellers even those not selling or trading here at the org.

Not trying to be combative - just confused where things should go. I would not think to look in the trader review section about detailed issues happening with 3rd party sellers unless they actually had a user name here and were operating on the forum.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

I feel really bad for anyone who ordered from Alvis underground and got ripped off. Service was absolutely terrible. Hopefully you can get your money back from paypal. If he ever opened his store again, I'd never order again. JOE AMARO is GREAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    Not trying to be combative - just confused where things should go. I would not think to look in the trader review section about detailed issues happening with 3rd party sellers unless they actually had a user name here and were operating on the forum.
    The Trader Review for the past 10 years has been for all deals and feedback, no just in our marketplace. We just cant try to help you if its not an orger but we encourage you to post there if you had a good or bad deal to help others with their future purchases.

But it is for eBay, Amazon, He-Man.Org, Facebook, etc and always has been.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Thank you, sir. I always just assumed it was only part of the marketplace since it is under that section.

The Trader Review for the past 10 years has been for all deals and feedback, no just in our marketplace. We just cant try to help you if its not an orger but we encourage you to post there if you had a good or bad deal to help others with their future purchases.

But it is for eBay, Amazon, He-Man.Org, Facebook, etc and always has been.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

I'm a huge fan of the Third Party offerings to enhance the MOTUC collection. I love expanding my collection with new and interesting figures.

Alvis Underground - Huge fan of his work. Really loved alot of the kits he put together. The Blackstar kit I bought looks awesome in my display and works very well with MOTUC. The Darkwolf kit also looks really nice mixed in with my Preternia characters in my display. I also have his simple Montork kit and so was able to make use of one of the extra Big Lots Orko's I have. All of that looks fantastic. The pictures of his War Duke, Death Dealer and Techno Jackal all look excellent as well. Unfortunately I haven't received any of those items yet. I would hesitate to order from him at this point but if he is ever able to catch up on back orders and get the ball rolling again, the items themselves turned out well in my opinion.

Zombihamma - In my opinion the best 3rd Party kits being offered. The sculpting work is professional and the finished product is almost indistinguishable from factory toys. The Mino-Tor and Ogre Kits turned out amazing. I just wish I had a bigger budget so I could order more of his awesome work. I found him extremely easy to deal with and the end result can't be beat.

Orsogranito - He is doing some really interesting things and producing intricate kits that other people aren't doing. The Kobolds kit was really cool and helps flesh out scenes from one of my favorite mini-comics. Some of his other offerings are also intresting and intricate although for my personal taste I sometimes feel the sculpting is a little over done with detail that does make the figure noticeable in a display as looking 3rd party and not something Mattel would do. That isn't a criticism so much as an issue of personal taste though. And he's a good communicator.

TIN/Kevin Kosse - The guy sculpts great heads for MOTUC and I have been extremely happy with the product I've received from him. Paying in Euros and waiting for shipping from Germany take a little getting used to, but he delivers the goods and the heads he produces are great and really help diversify an MOTUC collection.

Strangefate - I don't know if a lot of people here know about this guy - but he offers heads, kits and full figures from 3D Printer Shapeways that are really cool and fun. Most of his digital sculpts are made available in both 6" and 7" format. The 7" format works better with MOTUC and you can get not only some cool new heads to use but he also offers some very cool full body designs for sword and sorcery type women. I know 3D prints aren't everyone's cup of tea but I bought a couple of Barbarian female sculpts that I really like after they've been painted up.

ibmmt - he's pretty much a head cast only guy - but he does offer good casts of existing heads as well as casts of his own unique sculpts. He has an ebay store and the heads are very reasonably priced.

Karak Nul - Great source for casted parts. Especially for things that might be otherwise hard to find (Teela head and snake armor for example). good prices and quick turnaround.

EvilMike - another guy with a great shapeways store delivering all kinds of awesome accessorites.

I also got some awesome head casts from MastEr Customs - Beast Lord, Filmation Clawful, Filmation Mer Man - but he doesn't appear to be currently active right now.

I know there are lots of others and I'm eager to get product from some of them too. So far the only person I've been let down by is Alvis Underground and even then I got some of the things I ordered from him. But I think you can deal with confidence with the rest of my list as they have all been awesome to work with.

I bought from:

Kevin Kosse : great peoducts very well finished!
    Mat O'Toole : really good products and very original solutions!
    Mast er Custom (on Facebook) : bad experience!
    Fernando Pinto (on Facebook) : like-cartoon heads, very good!
    Alvis Underground (on Facebook and Storenvy) : really good things, maybe too slowly...
    Stacy Mealer (Karaknul customs on eCrater) : good parts for customizer guys (is possible choose the colour of resin!)
    Hunter Knight : really good things (he make only little numbers of the same thing if I understood well)
    Masterenglish : very interesting heads and parts (maybe he could propose more things because he is a very good customizer)
    Mike McEvil (on Shapeways) : very interesting parts! I love his alternative hands sets!
    derWaffenmeister (Sascha Bischof) : very interesting parts on Shapeways but also casted of original parts!
    Joe Amaro : very good realizations!
    Don Shomer: Great things (I'm waiting two horses).
    Alessandra Fucarino (Alessandra Customs) : at this time I'm waiting some her realizations, but looking the pics, she works very well.
    Trevor (BadVermin here) : very good ideas and really good made!
    Eternal Customs (on Shapeways) : interesting Filmation heads version.
    Strangefate (on Shapeways) : Wow! Incredible action figures!

Sorry but....
    Anyone of my customers wants write something about my works?
    Last edited by orsogranito; September 11, 2014 at 04:30pm.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    DRAGSTOR in MotUC
    ----------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I will just give a quick review of who I have dealt with:

Pyre Very talented, but I tried to contact on several occasion 2 years ago and very poor with communication-
    Forgot about Pyre. He did a really cool Anthro-Cat head that was amazing looking. I paid him for some casts but he never delivered and vanished. He reappeared like a year later here and I reached out again and he said he would come through and then vanished again. Never did get those head casts. But there's no denying his sculpts were nice.

Ok here I go :

Orsogranito : I'm a huge fan of his work, I have a Gnoll figure that is a labor of love, extremely well done and perfect paint job,I like his style so much that I have a pair of Kobold in production, he is also a very nice guy with very good communication and always a pleasure to chat!

Zombihamma: No introduction for him is needed, his work is top, as PhanterCult said his sculpt and paint skills really makes his kits looks something factory made (not mattel, they are not that good) communication with him is easy and fast, soon I'll have some more kits from him on my way to make my MOTU shelf better!

Joe Amaro : Another top, his work is amazing too, my Manta Raider is one of the most beloved pieces in my collection, it is incredible how nice and professionally done is that, communication with him is nice too.

Alvis Underground : I bought a He-Ro grave from him, never received, and I don't get my messages answered, so at this moment I have him in very low consideration.

I have a few more pieces on my way and will review then as they arrive!
    Last edited by bianchi5; September 11, 2014 at 06:02pm.
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Kevin Kosse - brilliant work (bought several heads and ordering several more)- arrived quickly and great communication

Amaro - bought the storm ship trooper helmet head -- awesome and came quick

I also bought a throne for Skeletor (customizer from British Columbia) -- arrived super fast, well packed, and beautiful! He's doing the Hordak thrones now.
    Last edited by ramaman; September 11, 2014 at 07:52pm.
    Jay

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I want a blackstar conversion kit from Alvis and with Jitsu returning on sale in September, I really want a second Jitsu just for that. I am concerned about how often, restock, ect. It is pricy though the quality was top notch from what I can tell from pictures. I also dont mind waiting, even a long time, especially because it is such a cottage industry but lack of communication worries me.

Nekk-Ra, if you dont mind how much was shipping from Germany to Michigan? I'm in Indiana and I'm certain it'd be similar. Shipping scares me from overseas, especially since Kevin's heads are awsome but expensive.

I do not know who/what Alessandra is.

So far I have not seen a pic of a Shapeways 3d printed item that doesnt look far to raw to me. So far nothing beats hand sculpting & casting. It's just in hand it looks like what it is, layer upon layer of sediment, and that bothers me.

Someone (He-Bro? Evil Mike?) had a really great Trident ostensibly for Netossa I wanted, but I just cannot get it outta my hand they'll be not smooth enough.
    I honestly can't remember what it cost to have TIN's items mailed to me, but I guesstimate under $13. However, I can say that surprisingly it's cheaper for someone to ship to me from Europe than vice versa.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

I've only dealt with Karak Nul one time and never again. 4 of the 5 pieces he sent me were obviously defective and should not have been sent out to begin with. Plus there was never any communication from his end when trying to get my items swapped out. I eventually had to file a PayPal claim.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

I wanted to buy Jim pansens Jitsu head and contacted him through fb over a month but still no response. Sqme goes for AlessandraF. Wrote to her several times wanting to buy the bonecollar for hordak but nope
    Welcome to my Shapeways shop (Filmation inspired Hordak, Leech and Merman heads)
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eternalcustoms

Most Wanted MOTUC: Dragstor, Kittrina, Lizard man, Blast Attack, Angella, Dragoon

POP and Customs Mod heftysmurf76's Avatar
    Another Friendly reminder, this thread, and ANY other threads in the Customs forum are NOT the place to ask about sales of items. If you are interested in purchasing items from a customizer, you must PM them or contact them in some other personal way, DO NOT post in threads asking about availability, prices, etc. If you have any further questions please review the Custom Item rules

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I have purchased only a handful of items.

Evil-Mike: I have purchased a few items from his Shapeways store, and love them. They really added to the figures I got them for.

Hunter Knight. Phenomenal work. I won the auction for the Crita figure that he made, and she fantastic. Solid construction, and the paint is just fine on mine. I am so happy with his work that if Crita does not show for 2015 I will commission a custom of her first outfit from him.

Alvis Underground. I met him last year at Power Con. Very talented, and his work is amazing. He was kind of enough to sell me bits from an incomplete Warduke kit so that I could make my own version of him.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    I've only dealt with Karak Nul one time and never again. 4 of the 5 pieces he sent me were obviously defective and should not have been sent out to begin with. Plus there was never any communication from his end when trying to get my items swapped out. I eventually had to file a PayPal claim.
    I have purchased once from Karak Nul. The item was Faker's battle armour. It arrived the other day. The front and back piece were very different colours of orange and the front piece had black paint spots on it. The armour also does not fit together (the front and back pieces). I have photos.

I contacted him and he was very nice. He made suggestions on how to make the pieces work (warm water, blow dryer), and also said that his product was guaranteed, so if I didn't like it I could return it for a full refund. So that was nice too.

Sending it back is just too much work for me, I'm a busy guy. I don't want to have to package something up and make a trip to the post office and then wait two weeks for $20 or whatever I paid.

So I just tossed it in the garbage where it belongs. I've taken chances with third parties and been BLOWN AWAY at the quality (like Tin or Kevin Kosse) .. but I'll just splurge and buy the real Faker one day instead of the knock off armour that doesn't fit the bill (or together properly).
    Jay