Thread: Pole Position coming to DVD

Hybrid View

Pole Position coming to DVD

It looks like it is finally coming to DVD in the US, but maybe not in the best of forms. Right now, there is a set called 80s Cartoon Bundle-Cops/Jayce/Pole Position on Amazon that looks like it is most likely going to have 10 of the 13 episodes on it. I'd guess a single disc release is likely to come out as well, so one doesn't have to get the other two discs. I'm not sure what this means for the other 3 episodes, though. I hope it gets a complete series set. Digital1stop/Mill Creek is the company behind the release. I do already have the UK complete series release at least.

Its also completely available on Hulu Plus so hopefully someone releases it complete on DVD here.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

The Get Along Gang got the same 10 episode treatment despite having 13 episodes. Although I did ask Mill Creek about that show awhile back and they made it sound like the other 3 episodes would eventually come out. I suspect the C.O.P.S. and Jayce discs are just the disc ones of their volume one sets (C.O.P.S. released this year, Jayce next year).

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The Get Along Gang got the same 10 episode treatment despite having 13 episodes. Although I did ask Mill Creek about that show awhile back and they made it sound like the other 3 episodes would eventually come out. I suspect the C.O.P.S. and Jayce discs are just the disc ones of their volume one sets (C.O.P.S. released this year, Jayce next year).
    I wonder what the benefit of releasing just 10 is?
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Mill Creek likes to put single disc releases out for the bargin bins at stores. I'm not sure why they don't just cram the extra episodes on it, considering most their sets have 10 to 11 episodes anyways, but I guess even they draw must draw the line about how much content to cram on one disc.

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    I got the set for Pole Position that was floating around on Amazon a while back. It's the entire series but it wasn't remastered. But they don't seem to bother remastering any of the old cartoons anymore anyway. It was good enough for me and I'm quite picky.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin