Thread: Pole Position coming to DVD

Pole Position coming to DVD

It looks like it is finally coming to DVD in the US, but maybe not in the best of forms. Right now, there is a set called 80s Cartoon Bundle-Cops/Jayce/Pole Position on Amazon that looks like it is most likely going to have 10 of the 13 episodes on it. I'd guess a single disc release is likely to come out as well, so one doesn't have to get the other two discs. I'm not sure what this means for the other 3 episodes, though. I hope it gets a complete series set. Digital1stop/Mill Creek is the company behind the release. I do already have the UK complete series release at least.

Its also completely available on Hulu Plus so hopefully someone releases it complete on DVD here.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

The Get Along Gang got the same 10 episode treatment despite having 13 episodes. Although I did ask Mill Creek about that show awhile back and they made it sound like the other 3 episodes would eventually come out. I suspect the C.O.P.S. and Jayce discs are just the disc ones of their volume one sets (C.O.P.S. released this year, Jayce next year).

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The Get Along Gang got the same 10 episode treatment despite having 13 episodes. Although I did ask Mill Creek about that show awhile back and they made it sound like the other 3 episodes would eventually come out. I suspect the C.O.P.S. and Jayce discs are just the disc ones of their volume one sets (C.O.P.S. released this year, Jayce next year).
    I wonder what the benefit of releasing just 10 is?
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Mill Creek likes to put single disc releases out for the bargin bins at stores. I'm not sure why they don't just cram the extra episodes on it, considering most their sets have 10 to 11 episodes anyways, but I guess even they draw must draw the line about how much content to cram on one disc.

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    I got the set for Pole Position that was floating around on Amazon a while back. It's the entire series but it wasn't remastered. But they don't seem to bother remastering any of the old cartoons anymore anyway. It was good enough for me and I'm quite picky.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Does anyone know if their was a season 3 for C.O.P.S.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    According to the Wikipedia article, C.O.P.S. had a total of 65 episodes, with all episodes getting released by MillCreek across 2 volumes this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wow View Post
    I got the set for Pole Position that was floating around on Amazon a while back. It's the entire series but it wasn't remastered. But they don't seem to bother remastering any of the old cartoons anymore anyway. It was good enough for me and I'm quite picky.
    That one is a bootleg, since it has never had a US release before. It could be of decent quality if they used one of the foreign releases as a source.

Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    Does anyone know if their was a season 3 for C.O.P.S.
    No. It only had one 65 episode season, which was a standard episode order for a weekday show.

That one is a bootleg, since it has never had a US release before. It could be of decent quality if they used one of the foreign releases as a source.
    According to Amazon as well as other sources I've read, it's not actually a bootleg, it's an import since it's a Canadian release.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

From Mill Creek's Facebook:

Q)Will you be releasing complete series sets of both Pole Position and Get Along Gang? Each show was 13 episodes each and I'd like to have all the episodes on DVD. thanks.

A)Yes, later this year. We'll keep you posted.

LOL glad they are going to release the last few Get Along Game episodes since the One disc had 95%

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    LOL glad they are going to release the last few Get Along Game episodes since the One disc had 95%
    Hey now...76.9% (10 out of 13). I think Pole Position was going to have the same thing happen to them judging from the combo pack, but I think enough people asked for a complete release that they decided to do it.
    Last edited by Firefly; January 9, 2012 at 06:20pm.

aren't X-Rated movies off topic for a toy board?
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wow View Post
    According to Amazon as well as other sources I've read, it's not actually a bootleg, it's an import since it's a Canadian release.
    I have the set. It is definitely a bootleg, although a decently put together one. The same company that released it also put out a Spiderman and His Amazing Friends set.

From the conversations I've had with them, it sounds like now Mill Creek isn't going to release a complete series set, but the final 3 episodes of Pole Position and The Get Along Gang are on the TV Toons To Go - 100 Cartoon Collection released by them. Since I found it on Amazon for less than $12, I bought it.

I have the set. It is definitely a bootleg, although a decently put together one. The same company that released it also put out a Spiderman and His Amazing Friends set.

From the conversations I've had with them, it sounds like now Mill Creek isn't going to release a complete series set, but the final 3 episodes of Pole Position and The Get Along Gang are on the TV Toons To Go - 100 Cartoon Collection released by them. Since I found it on Amazon for less than $12, I bought it.
    Bootleg or not, it's a good enough holdover for me. Hopefully it will see a complete, official release in the US.

Heroic Warrior
    I decided to buy the bootleg instead of waiting for it come out officially as it's own complete set.