Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Offiicial New Adventures (Intergalactic) Skeletor in MOTUC Discussion

It is not where I am that matters, it is when

Offiicial New Adventures (Intergalactic) Skeletor in MOTUC Discussion

If you look at the pictures below, you can see that Laser Light Skeletor and New Adventures Skeletor are nearly identical. So my idea is that Mattel releases this figure as one version, but he comes with a translucent red hand and a normal hand, two different Havok staffs (or just different heads for the staff), maybe two different chest plates, and a hooded head and a helmeted head.

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Good suggestion for Mattel...I think that's a good idea .....these two version of skeletor are my favorite figures I look forward to see into motuc line .
    I think Mattel already knows how they go into this

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    There are a lot of differences:

- STAFFS - NA Havok VS Translucent Havok
    - HEADS - Removable Helmet VS Hood
    - BOOTS - BLUE VS GOLD
    - FACES - Different sculpts and paints
    - ARMOR - Red with Skulls VS Golden with Circuits
    - HANDS - BLUE GAUNLETS VS TRANSLUCENT HAND
    - WAIST - Black VS Golden

Im sure 4H will highlight the differences even more, making Laser Light like a sinester alien and NA Skeletor more like a cyborg.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Yeah, I have a feeling these two are gona get mixed...which is okay; I just hope that they have a primary focus on NA Skeletor. I wouldn't mind most of the details coming from NA, while adding homages to LL Skelly in the optional red hand, hooded head, and perhaps an extra translucent red Havok Staff - emphasis on extra. His awesome NA stuff just HAS to be there. I'm eagerly awaiting a new sculpt of that staff!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

(Hilarious... I've been suggesting this for over a year and no one ever responded lol)

Yes - its a perfect combo. They can reuse Horde Prime's hands on this variant (especially because the right hand is removable on Horde Prome as well).

They can also use Preternia Disguise He-Man's hooded head for the Laser Light Skeletor head, by replacing the face plate.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    There are a lot of differences:

- STAFFS - NA Havok VS Translucent Havok
    - HEADS - Removable Helmet VS Hood
    - BOOTS - BLUE VS GOLD
    - FACES - Different sculpts and paints
    - ARMOR - Red with Skulls VS Golden with Circuits
    - HANDS - BLUE GAUNLETS VS TRANSLUCENT HAND
    - WAIST - Black VS Golden

Im sure 4H will highlight the differences even more, making Laser Light like a sinester alien and NA Skeletor more like a cyborg.
    I already covered most of those. Did you even read my post? However, in the cartoon his waist was black, not gold, therefore, black works.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

This topic has been brought up several times before. But, I don't think these Skeletor variants are that similar. I'd prefer they be 2 separate releases - just like the He-Man equivalents.
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

definately worth mixing these.

The "differences" are about as important as how they are realizing the NA figures already. Good parts re-use and completely acceptable.

I would see basically only two heads and two stave heads (or whole staves is fine).

This is a perfect example where if they did choose to go in this direction, and someone complained about it, I would think that perhaps they were still not willing to accept what we already have known for years now. Parts re-use, and classicizing.

This totally works. It's such a good idea I'm almost certain it wont happen. But Mattel always impresses me.

Frankly I'm certain that these figures looking so much alike was completely intentional. Either the sculpters made a play to get us used to the NA skeletor, or more likely the NA skeletor was made to look like the most recent incarnation of Vintage Skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    This topic has been brought up several times before. But, I don't think these Skeletor variants are that similar. I'd prefer they be 2 separate releases - just like the He-Man equivalents.
    So you would like to buy the same toy twice?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    So you would like to buy the same toy twice?
    Isn't that what we're doing with Snake MAA?

Seriously though, It's a NICE Idea, but It COULD Allow Mattel to go too lazy and make an incomplete/half-assed LL Skeletor/NA Skeletor and force you to mix and match with the spare Skeletor head you might have (After Demo Man) to make your LL Skeletor.

Then again I'm interested in 2 LP He-Man figs if they give him the He-Mullet to mix and match with He-Man to make MY ideal He-Man...

I like the idea, but I fear the execution!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Yes, and I do not like th eidea of having to buy Snake MAA.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    thats what i want. have both be one figure.

Im all for this 2 in 1 concept as long as it includes your genius headsculpt

Last edited by Fabulous; November 12, 2011 at 03:34pm.
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

How is that picture still even viewable? I removed it from my site when I put up the better version.

An interesting possibility. One thing to remember though is that the "Laser Light" version of NA Skeletor was only for the first few episodes. I certainly wouldn't mind a NA Skeletor with this design, but I'd also like to have him as he appeared in most of the series.

Perhaps in the style Bubble Power She-Ra, a NA Skeletor could have his traditional skull chest appearance in the figure, but Laser Light Skeletor could come with a few accessories to modify your own perfect New Adventures Skeletor.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'm not really excited for either of these variants...so killin two birds with one Stonedar would be fine by me for this! Makes the variant much more acceptable to those that don't really care about these variants (like me) as well as makes it a worthwhile variant unlike say...Snake Man-At-Arms.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I like the idea of combining the two.

But I like SAMAA.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    An interesting possibility. One thing to remember though is that the "Laser Light" version of NA Skeletor was only for the first few episodes. I certainly wouldn't mind a NA Skeletor with this design, but I'd also like to have him as he appeared in most of the series.

Perhaps in the style Bubble Power She-Ra, a NA Skeletor could have his traditional skull chest appearance in the figure, but Laser Light Skeletor could come with a few accessories to modify your own perfect New Adventures Skeletor.
    You mean that Spinning Discs of Doom version? YUCK!!!

I couldn't agree more with this thread. I definitely don't want 2 figures that are so similar. I'm surprised this thread hasn't picked up more steam. Where are all the variant haters?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I agree, kill two birds with one stone.

Are there any fans who are held to getting Laser Light Skeley (Who could be a NA Skeley repaint?)

I definitely want this to happen. Especially since there are no "light up features" in MOTUC, I think it would be ridiculous to offer both versions. They are way to similar to justify 2 versions. This to me is a perfect way for Mattel to combine MOTU with NA in a streamlined fashion.

I have always felt that the NA He-Man and Skeletor were simple variations of the Laser MOTU versions.

I will be extremely ticked off if Mattel makes both versions as separate figures. IMO that would be a "taken for the ass" situation. They can easily provide extra accessories for people to create both versions. In fact, they could even sell more because some people would buy 2 figures to create both.

I agree, make a combination of the best parts of the two to make NA Skeletor...Any future weapons packs can include the translucent red staff (variants have less tooling and accessories). I'm all for the NA Skeletor and also DoD Skelly even more !!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I'm not really that fussed on this version of NA Skeletor, I'd want his second NA appearance, that's the form he was mostly seen as, he was only in the above form in 6 episodes and the second appearance in the remaining 59.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

NA Skeletor in MOTUC

I know that there is a Battle Blade Skeletor thread but this is for just for NA Skeletor, The way he looks in the begining of the NA Heman series. I have to say the way he looks at the end of the Second Ultimate Battleground, is the best representation of this version of Skeletor, NO EYEBALLS. His transformed Havoc staff looks amazing as well, which should be one of his accessories, as well as GRRRRRR. GRRRR must be included with NA Skeletor, no questions asked!

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I'd prefer separate releases for LL and NA Skeletor. The Four Horsemen can easily detail these guys into separate and awesome figures IMO. However, when it comes to NA Skeletor, I think they should use the Vykron method - release a buck with several weapons, armor pieces, shin pieces, arm attachments, and in this case three heads. The only thing I'd change from how Mattel released Vykron is to include three bucks so fans can display all three versions at once.