Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Offiicial New Adventures (Intergalactic) Skeletor in MOTUC Discussion

Why has there STILL yet to be any really good pics of him? All are blurry, or a close-up and clear, but with no cape or head, or something. I'd really like to see the Horsemen pics with good posing and lighting.

I'm so excited for this guy that I have to make myself stop thinking about how awesome he'll be, because eventually I remember just how far away he is, and I get annoyed with the way the NA line-up has been handle thus far: I feel the faction leaders (Hydron and Flogg) and NA He-man and Skeletor should have been released at least a year or two ago. I will say that this 2014 line-up seems to have a substantial budget, and if that's why everything is looking so good (due to the road map change, and the push toward the end) then I'm more than happy to wait, since it appears to mean a much, MUCH better action figure!

I really hope he just looks crappy in the packaging. Because, frankly, if they screwed up what should be a glorious figure THIS badly... I am not going to be a happy camper. Armor-bloat just does not work on a figure where it's supposed to be his SKIN. Not to mention the neck and the helmet!

10153641_10152378734304844_4893638169593765476_n-1.jpg
    10277760_10152378734859844_5728844135944035772_n.jpg
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I thought the skin armor looked bulky in package and the helmet looks kinda odd too. Can't really judge till I see him in person out of package though.

I'm hoping the blister (and the fact the cape is attached to the armor) is causing some of this by pushing the armor up. Doesn't explain the helmet, which looks too small, unless it's just positioned badly. But yeah... I hope he looks better out of package.

I hope he looks better in hand. Could just be that the figure is smooshed in that plastic bubble. The neck skin, and the helmet look a bit loose, non? Still glad to have this guy!

the armor is CLEARLY too big. you can see it bulging out quite a bit in the front.

if this turns out like the latest figures, i will consider NA Skeletor ruined. the bulky look can kind of be overlooked when it's armor or a shirt but here, it's supposed to be his skin.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I'm hoping the blister (and the fact the cape is attached to the armor) is causing some of this by pushing the armor up. Doesn't explain the helmet, which looks too small, unless it's just positioned badly. But yeah... I hope he looks better out of package.
    On the Matty Forum it was said the helmet is removable so it´s possible it just looks a lit out of place because of the plastic just like Battlecats helmet looks horrible in package but sits great on the figure out of the package.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I agree, bulky armor would RUIN this figure!

I really hope he just looks crappy in the packaging. Because, frankly, if they screwed up what should be a glorious figure THIS badly... I am not going to be a happy camper. Armor-bloat just does not work on a figure where it's supposed to be his SKIN. Not to mention the neck and the helmet!
    You literally took the words right out of my mouth. I've been looking forward to NA Skeletor since the first pics, but this head looks pretty messed up. Maybe it's because the helmet is removable, it's sort of floating above his head in package? I hope??
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

10153641_10152378734304844_4893638169593765476_n-1.jpg
    10277760_10152378734859844_5728844135944035772_n.jpg
    Where did you find this pic? I thought Scott had explicitly said that the armor was going to be the glued down style, like King Hiss. This looks like Hydron's armor, which it shouldn't because it is supposed to be his skin. I hope it is just a bad pic...and also that the helmet had just tipped over a tad. That can't be how it actually fits...right? I've SO been looking forward to this figure. I don't expect it to look exactly like the prototype but there are some bad decisions that could easily ruin it. I REALLY hope this looks better out of the package. The armor has me dumbfounded at the moment.
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

It's from Mattycollector's Facebook page.

It's from Mattycollector's Facebook page.
    Yeah, I just saw it and the others, lol. Interesting twist on the Space Mutants' loyalties.

I see his "skin" does go all the way up his neck, so I'd guess it isn't removable...which also means the bulk is from it being too large and loose since it likely doesn't have tabs at all. Guess I'll be stuffing his back with wadded paper, like I did with Hydron and Blade. Booo.

Fun side note, though...looks like Horde Prime arms and hands. Would they make them removable?
    MELIAC in MOTUC! We need a mutant, alien, cyclops, reformed baddie, sheriff in the mix!

DRAGSTOR IS COMING SOON!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    NA Skeletor has been Rubenized!

This is pretty unfortunate, because NA Skeletor was the top figure at NYTF.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Is his helmet removable?

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Is his helmet removable?
    Yes, TG confirmed it is removable. We don't know yet if there is a peg (hole in top of head), or if it is molded a-la Catra's mask.

His face looks sillier than the prototype actually...

I asked on the Matty forums about whether his armor was supposed to be glued or if this is the final. I hope not.

The armor does look too bulky.

From Toyguru: "Yes, NA Skeletor's helmet is removable."
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/3381051868

The released photo doesn't do his head sculpt justice. I'm hoping this is true for the rest of the figure.

"Skeletubby"!! Thanks again Ruben. You need to be shown the door, my brother.

Yikes… They really messes up Skelly…
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    NA Skelly's armor definitely looks too big; if, as some have proposed, the packaging is pushing it up, it automatically means it's too big because it's shifting around on the figure. Right now I'm hoping it ISN'T glued down, because then there would be practically nothing you could do with it to fix it if it is too big.

And this isn't a design thing ("Reubenized?"); I'm pretty certain at this point that it is a production/materials problem, most likely stemming from cost cutting by using a different plastic than we've seen in the armors that do fit.

This is exactly the kind of thing Mattel DOESN'T need to keep doing this year if they want a chance to finish up the new road map and have a 2015.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Honestly, if they want non-remvable armor, why not make it like Draego-Man's?

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah people shouldn't be having to stuff the back of there figures,.. or in the more extreme/creative option of taking a slice out of the side of the armour then glueing it down tighter , also it looks like the side spikes on the side of the helmet have gone,.. Or are greatly diminished ...what a shame ,

Come on Mattel,.. damage control!!! Show us some more pictures please!!!!

Design got it backwards...Flogg should have had the removable helmet, and NA Skelly should have had a solid head, or at least a properly glued head.

The prototype head looks so awesome and the helmet sits low on his head. This one looks like it's loosely clipped to his head. Hope someone gets a review sample soon!

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    And this isn't a design thing ("Reubenized?"); I'm pretty certain at this point that it is a production/materials problem.
    You sure about this? You state without doubt that this wasn't designs fault and yet in the proceeding sentence say you're "pretty certain". I hate absolutes- only Sith speak in absolutes.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Answers...

NA Skeletor's "armor" glued down?

I wondered if the in-package NA Skeletor recently posted on the Matty Facebook page is final? I thought his armor was going to be glued down ala King Hsss? Because he looks really terrible now. He looks huge, and his helmet looks really small.

So basically the 411 is when fans noted the armor was looking a bit too big (around the time of Sea Hawk last fall) we immiedately started the process to make changes. But as noted many times, it takes 12-16 months from "request for change" to seeing that actually show up in product (entriely due to the logistics of the toy industry).

So to manage expectations, the soonest fans shoudl start to see revised armor is Q4 2014 or Q1 or 2015. We did try to impliment any change possible with Na Skeletor in particular to improve the armor, such as making it non removable, but there just wasn't time. So basicallt as noted above, the soonest to possibly see any update to the way armor is done on any figure is late late fall or early spring of 2015. NA Skeletor was still developed under the "old system" that produced SeaHawk and others that have had this issue.

We are making a change, but don't expect it to physcially show up for a few more months do to toy production logistics and the long lead time of 12-16 months to initiate any change.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)