View Poll Results: Tung Lasor's tongue- vintage or 200x style?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like the vintage toy

101 63.52%
  • Like the 200x staction

58 36.48%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tung Lashor's tongue-vntage or 200x style?

Heroic Warrior

Tung Lashor's tongue-vntage or 200x style?

If Tung Lashor get his tounge hanging out, do you woud prefer the vintage one or the 200x one which is more thicker and with teeth...

Normally I am one who likes a bit of 200X mixed into the figures including a second head option like Fisto was done.

But this is the ONE case I'm looking at Clawful, Snout Spout and Roboto and saying do Tung Lashor just like them!

I despise 200X Tung Lashor and want VERY LITTLE 200X influence if any in his MOTUC representation. Don't let me down 4H!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

While both heads and tongues would be neat, I'd prefer Vintage if it came down to one.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Vintage all the way!!

Never liked the look of Tung Lashor having teeth on his tongue.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I absolutely hated the 200X look of Tung Lashor. Keep him and his tongue vintage.
    SUBSCRIBE OR DIE!!!: The death of a cherry picker. The continuing saga from the makers of MOTUC. The adventure begins in 2012.

UPDATE: THE CUTTING BLOCK!!!: The cherry pickers are now dead. These changes brought to you from the makers of MOTUC. The adventure begins in 2013.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I voted not hyper anime.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    vintage look this go around.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Classic TL for the classic line!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

like the vintage...with the understanding that a "200x" tounge is fine, as I dont want a thin plastic paper toung thingy.

Frankly as usually the staction looks just like the vintage figure, just stylistically "hyper" ect. I have and am with Mattel on this.

They will keep certain 200x details that improve the vintage look, and that's just fine. Though I cant think of anything other than the tounge that is neccessary.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Classic multi-colored tongue, please!
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

I'd love two.

One like the vintage, and one that maybe is bendy so that it can hold things.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

There are only two versions of Tongue Lasher I'd want, the vintage one and the Filmation one. Mainly because they are so drastically different from one another. They could even call the Horde affiliated one "Lasher" as he was referred to in the PoP cartoon.

I always thought the vintage Tongue Lasher looked more like a lizard (salamander) than a snake, but that's just me.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Normally I would go vintage, but I really like the 200x style with the spikes on his tongue. Makes him look that much more wicked, imo.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

In 2002, they took one of the two only Snakemen I ever liked (Tung Lashor and Snake Face) and made Tung Lashor look absolutely horrible- in both the animated series and the NECA staction. He went from being a sleek agile froggish-looking figure into this hulking dinosaurish-appearing brute with too-thick features and design-wise just looked a total mess to me. I want MOTUC Tung Lashor to resemble the classic toy and have zero 2002-series influence whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    In 2002, they took one of the two only Snakemen I ever liked (Tung Lashor and Snake Face) and made Tung Lashor look absolutely horrible- in both the animated series and the NECA staction. He went from being a sleek agile froggish-looking figure into this hulking dinosaurish-appearing brute with too-thick features and design-wise just looked a total mess to me. I want MOTUC Tung Lashor to resemble the classic toy and have zero 2002-series influence whatsoever.
    Totally agree. It was the worst re-design of the entire series. And I like 200X
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

I think I would prefer the vintage tongue over the 200x one. I didn't think the teeth on the tongue were necessary.

What I would like is two different heads. One closed mouth head and perhaps an open mouth with the tongue coming out.

That could be a way to work in the 200x split jaw element. They can keep the vintage tongue though.

That might be the best compromise. I suppose we'll see. I think Tung Lashor could be the next snakman released since he would probably require the least amount of new tooling.

Either way if Kobra Khan is any indication, the classics Tung Lashor is going to be an awesome figure and probably end up being one of my favorites.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; November 13, 2011 at 12:56am.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    He went from being a sleek agile froggish-looking figure into this hulking dinosaurish-appearing brute with too-thick features and design-wise just looked a total mess to me.
    I'd rather have dinosaur looking Tung Lashor that looks like he could kick someone's you-know-what, rather than frog-looking Tung Lashor sitting on a lilly pad swatting flies.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

While I like 200X Tung better, I think vintage Tung should get the vintage tongue. Leave the 200X tongue for a 200X head.

OR make it so that if we get a 200X variant of Tung Lashor, that the tongues are interchangeable, so fans can swap at will and customize Tung Lashor any way they wish. Vintage Tung with 200X tounge and armor or 200X headed Tung with vintage toungue.

whatever the case, i hope they make it bendable (like Hsss's snakes) so you can wrap it around someone's neck.

Heroic Warrior
    Vintage toy.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Keep it old school...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

An extra 200X head would be preferred so that everyone can have the Tong Lashor they want but if only one head is possible, a blend of the best of the two would be best.

Like in this fan art:

As seen in Megan's pictures above, the 200X cartoon model was actually closer to the vintage toy than the staction while still updated so I would also be satisfied with that.

What I don't want is yet another muppet head.
    Last edited by kup; November 14, 2011 at 10:01pm.

I really want the salamander-esque vintage toy versionwith the black gloved "sticky fingers". I hate the 200x Tung Lashor.
    Last edited by danielsan52; February 25, 2012 at 01:15pm.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

that's my favorite staction, so I'm gonna go with it
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I always thought the vintage version looked too much like a toad.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; August 2, 2012 at 08:02pm.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."