Thread: My definitive She-Ra

My definitive She-Ra

I know the idea of having Bubble Power She-Ra was so we can mix and match. But I wanted to take it a little further, so when they had She-Ra for sale 2 weeks ago, I bought another one jut to do this:

let me know what you think.

Well that just looks terrific!

See...I don't have the faintest clue how people switch out entire LIMBS on these figures without breaking them.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Well that just looks terrific!

See...I don't have the faintest clue how people switch out entire LIMBS on these figures without breaking them.
    You use a hair dryer or hot water to soften the plastic to pop them off and switch them.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I know the idea of having Bubble Power She-Ra was so we can mix and match. But I wanted to take it a little further, so when they had She-Ra for sale 2 weeks ago, I bought another one jut to do this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...He-Bro2012.jpg

let me know what you think.

Looking classy as usual per your work Bro- love the simple yet amazing conversion.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Very nice! Good job switching the limbs.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

You use a hair dryer or hot water to soften the plastic to pop them off and switch them.
    See, I know you guys SAY that...but I'm afraid y'all want me to break my toys so y'all can laugh.

Heroic Warrior
    That's what I was going to do when I got BP She-Ra, but she has the neck peg that's always facing down, so I didn't do it. I just made slits on She-Ra 1.0's skirt and painted the dress white to get my perfect She-Ra.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    See, I know you guys SAY that...but I'm afraid y'all want me to break my toys so y'all can laugh.
    No, using a hairdryer works VERY well. However I do ALWAYS [AVOID] the boiling water method as it changes the chemical makeup of the plastic "however slightly..it does"...an thats too much chance for me considering the Quality issues on the MOTUC line to date.
    So I ALWAYS recommend using a hairdryer! If you dont belive me, look at my customs I made usign that method.

An no, we dont want you to jsut break them to laugh at you.
    This is [HONESTLY] how I ALWAYS customize a MOTUC figure.

If you or ANYONE HERE is worried about trying to start getting itno customizing MOTUC figures... Please feel free to msg me an I can help out ANY ppl interested in customizing whenever possible!

To help clarify...

Using a hairdryer causes the plastic to expand as it slowly heats up. So with it much more limber, it will break less and bend MORE. So you can pop sections off to swap them.

Now torso customization will require some different methods, again feel free to PM and ask me any questions you need help with when trying.

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    She-Ra looks marvellous this way!

She looks magnificent. Thank you for sharing.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    No, using a hairdryer works VERY well. However I do ALWAYS [AVOID] the boiling water method as it changes the chemical makeup of the plastic "however slightly..it does"...an thats too much chance for me considering the Quality issues on the MOTUC line to date.
    So I ALWAYS recommend using a hairdryer! If you dont belive me, look at my customs I made usign that method.
    I appreciate that this is your preferred method for swapping parts but please stop propagating this misnomer. Water does nothing chemically to plastic. Heat, however, and prolonged exposure to heat can warp and damage action figure plastic. The way the heat is delivered does not make a difference, be it water or hair dryer.

You can read more about ABS plastic (the type used for most toys) here...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrylon...adiene_styrene

And how it performs under heat and cold here...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoplastic

Wow - thanks for the all the info guys! I'll read up...

Snappy Threader
    That looks really pretty. Great job. Very cool.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    I appreciate that this is your preferred method for swapping parts but please stop propagating this misnomer.
    Well, since we are all link happy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misnomer

Of special note : "Misnomer" does not mean "misunderstanding" or "popular misconception."[1]

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Well, since we are all link happy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misnomer

Of special note : "Misnomer" does not mean "misunderstanding" or "popular misconception."[1]
    Yes, it does not mean those things. Calling water a chemical catalyst for plastic is a misnomer as it is "b : a wrong name or inappropriate designation" and is what the original poster said in less specific language in the original post when they wrote, "...changes the chemical makeup of the plastic."