Thread: Support for the "Laughing Swan Inn" Playset in MOTUC(after everything else 1st)

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon

Support for the "Laughing Swan Inn" Playset in MOTUC(after everything else 1st)

Now the "Laughing Swan Inn" did appear in the She-Ra Filmation Cartoon a few times, especilly in "Secret of The Sword". It is the location were Adam first met Bow and were other stories started, but more recently I found it in recently in the Vintage POP Minicomics and it loks way different. I am guessing that Mattel had probably made it to the design stage but not much further. It appears in the comic:

A Most Unpleasant Present

I am for any new playsets that cover location that were critical to the story but never made it plastic(I.E. Palace of Eternos, Castle Brightmoon, Cave of Power, Cave of Shadows, Mutant Mothership, ETC.), but first I want all the playsets that were created before it made first.

Here are some pics from the comic so people can see what it lokks like:

Page 1

Page 5

Page 11

Page 12

Page 14
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

So what's everything else first?

I'd say:

Castle Greyskull
    Snake Mountain
    Fright Zone
    Eternia

Before this set

I would *SO* buy it.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Castle Greyskull
    Snake Mountain
    Fright Zone
    Eternia
    Looks pretty grim, griffin. Although not a "playset" per se, I'd take Slime Pit over that thing.

Does that come with the bellhop accessory? How about room service?
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    So what's everything else first?

I'd say:

Castle Greyskull
    Snake Mountain
    Fright Zone
    Towers of Eternia(changed it to the full title for you)

Before this set
    Well there is hat I am talking about, those first plus:

Point Dread and The Talon Fighter
    The Horde Slime Pit
    Crystal Castle
    Crystal Fall
    Starship Eternia
    Mutant Base Nordor

and then make all the playsets and locations that were major parts in all the media but never made it to plastic form, like the "Inn" that we are discussing in this thread. I want to get the easy stuff out of the way first and I can wait a few years for this.

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    Looks pretty grim, griffin. Although not a "playset" per se, I'd take Slime Pit over that thing.

Does that come with the bellhop accessory? How about room service?
    Well considering what passed for playsets back in the 80's as well as today, this is pretty close. I can see some tables, a bar, and some barrels to toss Horde Troopers in. Like I said besides here this was an actual place in the Filmation She-Ra cartoon. I could also see the swan's head turn, shot water, and probably also function as a periscope for The Rebellion. The wings could fold out to use as entrenchments and barriers for Bow, Glimmer, and Castaspella to shot form behind. The would be a balcony for other characters to stand on and probably some kind of muscal instrument inside that served double function as weapons. Examples:

A piano with a Spring Board on top to throw Horde Trooper if you press the right keys
    Drums with boxing gloves hidden inside
    Guitar with swords hidden in the handles or that turn into real axes

Besides if we let The Fourhorsemen get a hold of this they could make it awesome and it looks it could be one of the smaller playsets like Point Dread, The Slime Pit, or Crystal Falls that would be at a good low price point and make a good temporary base till the bigger ones get made. I figure we have to take steps to get to the real good stuff. I mean first we got figures, then varients, followed by Beasts and weapons pack, and now we have vehicles. The next logical step is small playsets and then the big ones followed by The Towers.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    So if all of those come first, and they make 1 per year (being generous with that number cuz they haven't made ANY yet) you'd probably see this in about 11 years.

I like your ideas of the features of that thing, griffin. And you're right, the 4H would knock it out of the park.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

This is very interesting and something that I never even thought about. I would definitely be interested but I can't see this EVER becoming a reality. Getting Castle Grayskull is going to be difficult enough.

Also, if we're discussing play sets that should take precedence over this then I'd definitely throw Castle Bright Moon into the mix.
    Last edited by Swifty; March 24, 2014 at 12:45am. Reason: Spelling
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I'd buy this is a second. It's a playset of a BAR! LOL

After The Crystal Castle and the Crystal Falls I think it would make a nice playset if the Laughing Swan Inn is made something more like the one in the cartoon She-Ra Princess of Power.
    2 HIGH PRIESTESS 3 EMPRESS SHE-MAN MASTERS
    He-Man Masters of the Universe Classics Princess of Power She-Ra Bow
    http://mastersoftheuniverseclassicsh...assics-images/

That. Would. Be. AWESOME.

In fact, it looks like a playset that could've been. I wonder if this was planned in the vintage line... We know so little about POP's development that it could very well have been.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina