Thread: First Matty Collector

Heroic Warrior

First Matty Collector

Tonight, I made my first ever mattycollector.com purchase and thus begins my initiation into the Masters of the Universe Classics cult. I ordered Bubble Power She-Ra and Swiftwind. To be honest, I wasn't too hot on Swiftwind. It didn't make sense to order She-Ra and not him. I'm sure I'll be happy I did once I get him though, as I like the 18" wing span.

I lost out on Snout Spout, procrastinated too much.

I just wish I didn't get into it this late in the game (or sell my He-Man reissue thinking it was too late for me), but I guess it's better late then never and I look forward to a lot of the future figures like Shadow Weaver, Sorceress and Slush Head.

Since I am just getting into now, I am eager for news on reissues.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Good Luck, and welcome to the game! I didn't really start until this past July. All the folks on the .org are really cool and they can help you get your collection up to where you want it pretty quick.

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Skeletor will be re-issued in december according to BRUTICUS ( a Matty Mod) on the Mattycollector.com forums when I asked about core characters.
    Last edited by Princess_Adora; November 17, 2011 at 08:31pm.
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Beware. You will become addicted and your wallet will be sad.

Heroic Warrior
    I wanted to finish off my vintage collection first, but I am already more than half way into that. Only problem is most of what I am missing are somewhat big ticket ones and Eternia of course.

I just actually started back in July, the very end after I realized there were such things as sale days......I got He-Man, but just missed Battle Cat, because I checked earlier that day, and saw he was alomst gone, but couldn't get time to fill out the info on the site...so I missed BC...then a few weeks later they did still still have Trap-Jaw, so I got him...then..off to Ebay unfortunately...but I did manage to get good deals on the ones I found...and 3 from BBTS...2 because I missed Man-E-Faces & the Beast Man re-issue because I couldn't get online for a few days, and a Faker because he was $27. But I got the Cat I missed last month, and now with She-Ra & Swift Wind this month, I will have 11 figures (Orko & Adam are counted as 2, but in one pack), and 2 beasts....and other than Panthor, Teela, Man-At-Arms & Tri-Klops, I have all I want out of what's out....aside from the original She-Ra, Adora, Zodac & Stratos, I am still contemplating on getting, if I can get good prices.

So I am fairly new to the game as well, so welcome.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; November 17, 2011 at 09:26pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe in the future I will buy 2 of each and keep the others as trade bait for what I missed, if that works.

Too late for a 2012 Club Eternia membership, right? I just found out Shadow Weaver (the figure that really made it easy for me to start collecting these faithfully) is an exclusive. This annoys me a bit, as it's obvious they made the coolest damn figure an exclusive.
    Last edited by StrikeoftheBeast; November 17, 2011 at 10:29pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i started just a few months ago, and currently have just 9 figures but i get a new one about every month.. i have not yet bought a figure from Matty Collector yet.
    i got my first 3 figures from Toys R Us in the 2 packs.. He-Man, Stratos, and Skeletor... sold the 3 DC Universe figures on Ebay.

i got Grizzlor, Evillyn, Merman, Beastman, Man E Faces, and Zodac on Ebay.
    trying to catch up now.. i did get the subscription for 2012.. got lots of cool figures coming there.

Guys, please refrain from using derogatory terms, there are many other words available without resorting to ones that can be hurtful. We need to be respectful of our members. Thanks!

With that said, I think you will find once you start buying you can't stop. The line is very addictive and despite all the issues you face with MattyCollector you adopt a collect them all attitude....or at least I do
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess_Adora View Post
    Skeletor will be re-issued in december according to BRUTICUS ( a Matty Mod) on the Mattycollector.com forums when I asked about core characters.
    That sounds like a surprisingly logical move on Mattel's part: giving people the chance to get an extra Skeletor for the Alcala head.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

TG said reissues of older figures will continue throughout 2012, so if you are not in a rush you could probably pick up some of the older ones in the course of next year.

It's not too late for you. Start small. Set a goal to collect all the POP figures, as there's only a handful of them.

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    That sounds like a surprisingly logical move on Mattel's part: giving people the chance to get an extra Skeletor for the Alcala head.
    I think last year they made both Skeletor and He-Man available around Cyber Monday and Christmas. I can't remember but I thought Scott said that those 2 figures will always be reissued since they are the "core" figures of the line (the anchors of good and evil)

So yeah having him available is smart so people who did not get a Skeletor body with their Mo-larr Mad Matty sale can get one for the extra head
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Good luck man!!! I tried to resist this line for the longest despite getting King Grayskull from the get go. I only made it until Hordak came out and then I was debating just getting a few. A few turned into every month's releases and now I am a addict. I wasn't able to get on the org or get good deals so I had to wait for reissues. Faker was one of the last I need until Gygor. I managed to get Gygor on sale at BBTS for $22.50 now the only piece of the whole line I am missing is that damn weapons pack 1 and 1 more Marlena.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Heroic Warrior
    I started in August and now have all but ten figures. I just found people selling MOC lots and have not paid more than an average of $25.00 per figure (including shipping) for ANY figure. I'm pretty impressed with myself there. Figures like battle cat and Megator, etc which have a higher price point I paid more for but no more than if I had bought them the first time around.

The ones I am missing are the ones everyone is pining for to be re-released: Teela, Man-At-Arms, Orko/Adam, Palace Guards, Triklops, Webstor. I firmly believe if I just chill out those will be rereleased this coming year.

Welcome, from a fellow newcomer! I, myself, just started collecting MOTUC back in Sept after deliberating and hemming and hawing for upwards of a year about whether or not I should jump into yet another toy line. Well, let me tell you, the calling was too strong and looking back, I have no regrets. MOTU was one of my childhood "fantastic 4" along with Transformers, GI Joe and Thundercats so I guess I was only delaying the inevitable.

In any event, in my abbreviated time with this line I've managed to amass a decent collection of all my most favorite characters with only one order via Mattycollector. Thank goodness for that (see my post on page 25 of the "issues with DR" thread) for insight into why I feel so negatively about their level of service, or more apropos, lack thereof. No matter, thusfar I have He-Man, Skeletor, Trap-jaw, Evil-lyn, Mer-man, Battlecat, Orko (both Matty and SDCC versions), Man-at-Arms, and Tri-Klops accumulated from a variety of sources (Ebay, b/s/t threads here and on other sites, toy e-tailers, etc) for surprisingly good deals. One fellow collector actually GAVE me his MOSC SDCC Orko as he's getting out of the line! Anyhow, some might say that's a lot in a little time, but bottom line, there's plenty of deals to be had on the secondary market so it's never too late to start!

Happy hunting!

Heroic Warrior
    There are some figures I will most likely not buy. A few I see as pointless, like Icarius and the upcoming Snake Man-At-Arms. I hope MOTUC doesn't go down the route of a lot of toy lines and jumps the shark by flooding the market with useless product. That's just my opinion though. I don't consider 2000x anything to be classic.

I just wanna say. It's great your into the line. It's a great line. But I do feel sorry for your wallet if your gonna play catch up. My advice is look for someone selling off their collection as a lot. If you can.

But welcome to the madness.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    oddly enough i started last year with the re release of King Grayskull, then got He-man and Skeletor that same month from Cyber-Monday. been picking up new figs each month though i skipped some of the larger ones.
    best advice, make sure your wallet is ready for awsome figure goodness

Good: Cool figures
    Bad: Digital River

good luck!

I started collecting them right off the bat with the intention of getting the entire line. But when they started coming out with POP and NA figures I stepped back and questioned my faith. No offense against fans of those lines, I just don't want them in my MOTU collection. (Mo-larr was the last straw for me).

So then I sold off most of my collection and kept just He-Man and Skeletor, along with a few choice characters. My intention now is to just collect the figures that represent prototype/concept characters that never made it into the original line (ie, Vikor, Gygor, Green Goddess etc). That means the only sure purchase on my horizon for now is Demo-Man.
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

Heroic Warrior
    Slush Head will be a must for me. I do not think I had one single item from the NA when that line came out (I believe I was done with He-Man at that point). But my younger cousin had a ton of it and I always liked Slush Head. I think that figure is cool as hell.

I like the figures that were originally intended to be released in the 80s too. Anything related to the 2000x line, I don't give a damn for.

I like a lot of the PoP stuff, but somebody like Bow seems like a total waste of time.

I guess I will stick to what I like from the line and now have the "need it all" mentality that toy companies love to exploit and make consumer zombies out of people with.

Something strange seems to be going on. Shortly after I placed my order, I looked at my checking account online and saw the payment to Matty was "pending" and that the fund was taken from my account.

Yesterday after I got my notification that my package was shipped out, I looked at my account again and there is no trace of the payment made to Matty and my account balance is the same it was before I placed the order?!?

Last edited by StrikeoftheBeast; November 22, 2011 at 02:45pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeoftheBeast View Post
    Maybe in the future I will buy 2 of each and keep the others as trade bait for what I missed, if that works.
    I didn't get into the line until Teela was released and I did just what you mentioned, I bought two of the figures so I could trade for ones I'd missed or might miss due to WSOD. I was able to fill out a good bit of my collection that way.

Too late for a 2012 Club Eternia membership, right? I just found out Shadow Weaver (the figure that really made it easy for me to start collecting these faithfully) is an exclusive. This annoys me a bit, as it's obvious they made the coolest damn figure an exclusive.
    It is too late for 2012.
    It is a bummer about Shadow Weaver being an exclusive since she is such a fan demanded figure.

I like a lot of the PoP stuff, but somebody like Bow seems like a total waste of time.
    Bow is a really nice figure, he seems to be liked by both those that identify as a POP fan and those that don't.

I guess I will stick to what I like from the line and now have the "need it all" mentality that toy companies love to exploit and make consumer zombies out of people with.
    That's what I'm doing, just getting the figures I really like. Although I started out just wanting the females but after just one figure (Teela) I knew I had to have more and I branched out.

Something strange seems to be going on. Shortly after I placed my order, I looked at my checking account online and saw the payment to Matty was "pending" and that the fund was taken from my account.

Yesterday after I got my notification that my package was shipped out, I looked at my account again and there is no trace of the payment made to Matty and my account balance is the same it was before I placed the order?!?

Maybe Christmas came early for you!
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

HD figures on youtube
    It will fall back off, it happens to me every single time. For some reason, the money is refunded back to my card, then, a few days later, it's gone again. Do you have a pre-paid card?

But anyway, welcome to the line, it's a great ride!