Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: November Q&A: No vehicles will be released in 2012

Widget

I think it's okay

It is totally okay for me, that we will not get any vehicle in 2012. Granamyr is expensive enough and there already are too many items, we have to buy.
    Last edited by Roboto X78; November 17, 2011 at 04:47am.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    I'd rather them put $$ into Battle Ram than Star Sisters.

Land Shark for 2013!!!!
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

I'm surprised that many seem to prefer Granamyr above a vehicle anyway.
    That's not meant as criticism, though!
    I just would've guessed that more fans would want a Battle Ram than Granamyr. Seems I underestimated the old dragon's popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I just would've guessed that more fans would want a Battle Ram than Granamyr. Seems I underestimated the old dragon's popularity.
    I would love a Battle Ram. Especially after that one The Four Horsemen showed off. But the idea of a 2ft+ Granamyr is very cool! I just hope he isn't limited on articulation like Tytus and Megator are. Also I hope they go the route similar to Stay Puft and make a diorama box for him. If they can do it for Stay Puft, why not him since they're both $80.

Maybe in 2013 they could give us 2 vehicles. The Battle Ram and Roton!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Warrior
    That sucks! I'd rather have a vehicle instead of a stupid dragon.

On the other hand, If this sells well there should be no "logistics" excuse not to make CASTLE GRAYSKULL for 2013.

This was to be expected. Mattel always said they would wait to see how Wind Raider does before doing another vehicle. Once they know how well it did (late December) it will be too late to get a 2nd vehicle out in 2012.

I don't know why anyone should be surprised.

Land Shark or Bashasaurus in 2013!!!

I'm not even sure I want a Granymyr. I like the character well enough, though I have always hated his design. Sure, it's uniquely done and original, and I respect that. But I hate his bulbous fatness and spindly limbs. I laugh at the helmet but then that has become my favourite part of him aside from his character's personality as portrayed on Filmation.

But I dont know that I can validate spending that kinda dough on him. I never felt like I needed him. Guess the Horsemen are going to have to wow me.

I forget, did I buy him as he's a part of the 2012 sub? If so what I mean to say is I dont know if I am going to keep him.

Personally yes, I would have rather had many other vehicles. I am dissapointed in that regard.

But I dont expect the Battleram next anyway, unless it's going to be 2013's 80 dollar item. It is rather large, much larger than the Windraider.

--------------

as for any questions about Illumina, people are basically getting what they deserve. Go ahead and keep asking, but you have the answer. As I've said before (I believe anyway) comparing a figure as "unwanted or unasked for" versus Illumina is incorrect.

I certainly wanted Vikor, Demo-Man, Fearless Photog, Songster, or nearly anyone else people seem to think are "unwanted" far more than Illumina.

I'd take her over Netossa (shudder) or Preternia Disguise He-Man.

But that's the point. What I want and what others want is not all the same. So mattel will follow the pattern and schedual and vision they have. Any fan reaction, though valuable because it lets them know that there is interest, is just that. Fan reaction.

It's not a viable work plan, or proof, or anything else. Seems to be a feeling that somehow Mattel is willing to give us "crap" or "unwanted" stuff, yet wont give us "good stuff" or "wanted stuff".

This is demonstrably false. Not only because everything they've produced has been wanted, by most (at least enough to sell out) and also they very clearly work very hard to release everything they can (though at their timeframe and their legal understanding) that people want in time, when possible but not everything that people want impatientally is as wanted as some seem to think.

Did them saying they could not do Filmation stop them from doing filmation? No. Took some time (not much at that) but they did it.

Blonde, Bikini Teela. Done. Couldnt admit to it right away. Took some time. Happened. Heck I didnt even want her right up until I saw her in toy form.

Same goes with Illumina. If they can do her legally, they will eventually. But I agree that she is a very low priority figure as far as basic fandom goes, and I can certainly wait to get her, if at all.

If she had been a vintage design that had never been used (like vikor) yes I would want her more. I agree that her newness (and from what I recall, legal availibility) combined with her extreme (at least until this fracas) obscurity makes her low priority. Heck because of Filmation I dont mind many figures I want getting delayed. Certainly rather fit them in. But I can wait.

I can understand those that are very excited to get one. But so far I havent seen any reason there should be such an outcry. Especially after getting so much available there is no reason to be anything but excited and impatient.

Next year is going to be really expensive as it is. I'm kinda glad there won't be a vehicle as well!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    That's fine with me. I would rather have Granamyr than a Battle Ram anyway. Still want the Battle Ram, but the idea of actually having Granamyr in my collection is fantastic! I can wait for another vehicle!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Evil Warrior vehicle wish

When the time comes for an Evil Warrior vehicle, one of the things I have always wanted is the "evil" version of the Sky Sled that was always featured in the Filmation cartoon. That would be cool.

I'd also love to get Skeletor's Collector, but that would be too big to do (I assume).
    Say cheese!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I hate Granamyr, however it's nice to when figures I'm not all that interested are sold. It gives me time to save my money for the ones I really want. I love the wind raider, but figures come first for me and if I have to wait a bit longer for more no problem. We already got panthor, battle cat and swiftwind so anything new is just gravy.

Heroic Warrior
    I won`t buy Granamyr because he will not only cost 80$ but shipping costs and taxes, he will cost around 110-120$ for me. Money I can use for 4 cool figures. I normally don`t use the word "hate" for toys, but i really hate to know, that there will no vehicle before 2013, although everybody knows that the Wind Raider will sell out in a few hours if not less.

It sucks, because, of knowing how cool the Battle Ram prototype looked.

And the last thing I need in my collection is a sitting dragon with skinny limbs and a fat belly.

BATTLE RAM SUBSCRIBER BONUS FOR 2013!!!

Would that really suprise anyone??

Last edited by The Sorcerer; November 17, 2011 at 06:28pm.
    ----------------------------------------
    I HAVE... ...THE FLOUR!!!
    ~WUN-DAR

Bummed about this...
    But I'm pretty sure once they see the sales on the Wind Raider, they'll green-lit Battle Ram right away...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I would love a Battle Ram. Especially after that one The Four Horsemen showed off. But the idea of a 2ft+ Granamyr is very cool! I just hope he isn't limited on articulation like Tytus and Megator are. Also I hope they go the route similar to Stay Puft and make a diorama box for him. If they can do it for Stay Puft, why not him since they're both $80.

Maybe in 2013 they could give us 2 vehicles. The Battle Ram and Roton!
    It would be cool to get a dark smoke diorama, but I would prefer the entire $80 going into tooling, to cater to all fans, meaning optional large or small wings, removable helmet and decent articulation. And if they don't do all that for $80, maybe they can include Sky tree in the box to make up for it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post

I would rather have Battle Ram to Granymyr.... I would rather have granymyr than Land Shark or Night stalker...

it's tough to have polls and discussion about Granamyr or.... 'Some Vehicle'. There are too many choices... too many variable to truly get upset over.

Eh, we'll see. If we don't get a vehicle in 2012 at all, then I am still satisfied that we will be getting Granamyr. Cause he is just plain awesome. Battle Ram on top of that would have been awesome, but if it means waiting until 2013, so be it. Hopefully, it'll be a 1st Quarter (January) release.

I have no problem No new vehicles will be released in 2012. Least We get something very huge and it's many people favourite dragon, Granamyr.

Really upset about this, Granamyr is one of those C list char I really never caired for and we now only get him instead of more vehicles???

Are going to get any good news about 2012...like maybe getting things we acctualy wanted in MOTUC? Sorry guys but I dont think a big red dragon is a fair trade off for no vehicles. More like Matty was scared no one would buy Granamyr so they are spacing things out to make him a more affordable purchase.
    Mattel Inc. taken subscribers for the ass since 2011!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyHall666 View Post
    Are going to get any good news about 2012...like maybe getting things we acctualy wanted in MOTUC?
    Like, maybe, Filmation rights so we can have a Shadow Weaver figure? Or a 30th Anniversary subscription? Horde Prime? Star Sisters? Stinkor? Fisto? The Sorceress? These are all things "we" (some subset of fans) actually wanted in MOTUC... Sounds like good news about 2012 to me. Oh and let's not forget (at least for domestic folks) the combined shipping on subs purchased separately.

Plus news that day-of-sales could be combined for shipping with sub sales.

No vehicle... what a bummer!

Heroic Warrior
    Although I would have prefered a vehicle compared to a dragon that I have no emotional attachment to I understand Mattel's thinking. People are complaining all the time about the amount of money they are spending on all the items in MOTCU (voluntarily mind you) so why risk an extra release. If that is Mattel's stratagey so be it. It is the buisness to run or kill, whatever the case may be.

The reasons they can't have a vehicle in 2012 is

1.) They want to see how the Wind Raider does and since it has been pushed back to December it will be late January before the can commit to another vehicle.

2.) It will take over a year from when the vehicle is green lit to make it into production roughly. So we will probably see a sneak peak at power-con next year.

My guess is first quarter 2013 as an actual release date. More expensive vehicle if wind raider does well. Less expensive if it does poorly.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

I prefer Granamyr over a vehicle, happy they went with him instead.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."