Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: November Q&A: No vehicles will be released in 2012

HD figures on youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I move to make 2013 vehicle and beast-free so that Mattel can make the standard figures the best they can be.

Sorry, didn't intentionally make that rhyme.

WOW, that's a tough choice for me. More tooling for the figures would be FANTASTIC, but no vehicles two years in a row? That would sting.

Sad news indeed.

However, I'll take Granamyr over any vehicle.

Land Shark for 2013!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I want vehicles but would rather have Granamyr if that is the only way it can be. I have my vintage vehicles displayed with my classics for now but I have no Granamyr.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Ungh. Thatīs indeed disappointing.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

That's very sad. I'd have preferred a vehicle over Granamyr, but I suppose that's a matter of taste/opinion.

I will not consider my MOTUC collection complete without the first three original vehicles: Battle Ram, Wind Raider and Attack Trak.

I do hope that they make Stridor and/or Night Stalker (using the oversized/beasts slots), both of which are sort of like vehicles, too.
    Awesome sticker included!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I think this is good. Look like Mattel is trying to balance things here.

2012 is already PACKED with figures - with the standard figs, quarterlies, beasts, 30th anniversary & very expensive dragon - so I'm extremely glad there isn't going to be a vehicle to buy on top.

Widget
    That's ok. I'm looking foward to a battle ram one day since thats the vehicle I owned as a kid. Anyway, I'm happy with the Windraider for now.

Granamyr is going to be sick!

I move to make 2013 vehicle and beast-free so that Mattel can make the standard figures the best they can be.
    And also for our wallets to heal...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior
    I guess we can consider ourselves EXTREMELY LUCKY if we get all the 80's vintage MOTU figures.

It is now very clear that the vehicles, playsets and huge, costly items (Gigantisaur, Starship Eternia, motorized vehicles etc.) are NOT part of Mattel's priorities (were they only included in the MOTUC "road map" ?). If we see any of them at all, I guess it will be a treat.

As we can see, Mattel procrastinates and does not release the unique sculpted figures easily either (Snakeface, Ram Man, Mosquitor, Modulok, Mantenna...).

This doesn't fare well for the future of the line.

All the wrong and/or bad decisions that were taken lately seem to announce the prompt demise of this line (for 2012 or 2013, maybe).
    Last edited by Prahvus; November 16, 2011 at 07:16am.

I'm majorly disappointed by that. I'd rather have spent $ 80.- on Spydor or Point Dread & Talon Fighter than getting a red Granamyr.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder why some guys think, that they get a really good figure for 80$...

Look at the Marshmallow Man...Cheap as hell! For 70$...

Or the giants...Look like dolls imo.

I've decided not to buy Granymr (no interest) or the Wind Raider (space) - it's a shame because i'm sure the vehicles would look fantastic however as an international collector the shipping and custom fees would kill me.

I hope we have a bit of a quieter 2012 and more focus goes into the individual figures rather than additional items

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I guess we can consider ourselves EXTREMELY LUCKY if we get all the 80's vintage MOTU figures.

It is now very clear that the vehicles, playsets and huge, costly items (Gigantisaur, Starship Eternia, motorized vehicles etc.) are NOT part of Mattel's priorities (were they only included in the MOTUC "road map" ?). If we see any of them at all, I guess it will be a treat.

As we can see, Mattel procrastinates and does not release the unique sculpted figures easily either (Snakeface, Ram Man, Mosquitor, Modulok, Mantenna...).

This doesn't fare well for the future of the line.

All the wrong and/or bad decisions that were taken lately seem to announce the prompt demise of this line (for 2012 or 2013, maybe).
    I 110% do not agree, making vehicles and playsets a priority would instantly kill the line. If the tooling and budget for figures is under duress how in the world do you expect them to make vehicles that weigh 2-3 as much and have even more specialized tooling and paint apps?

Yeah sure everyone here wants vehicles but I am sorry millionaires if you don't think $40-60 vehicles and $100-300 playsets alongside figures would not bankrupt a majority of us.

1 vehicle a year or 1 gigantic/special figure seems about right. Especially with the decrease in subs and financial concerns of trying to stretch the dollar as production costs increase.

I know people like to say the economy has nothing to do with it but they are wrong, shipping is going up and the USPS is thinking of stopping mail deliveries on certain days of the week, the cost of plastic and rubber is going up (in case nobody has bought tires they are almost 2x the price of a few years ago). Like they say in politics its all about the economy

People saying this is going to kill the line are fooling themselves, financially speaking for both Mattel and us as consumers going forward on a grand line with no movie, cartoon or other media is suicide.

Its only because we are diehard it has lasted this long without any support from media, otherwise we would be dead like the GB line or unreleased like the BTTF line.

I can see the argument that we should get more sculpted/tooled single figures but that is probably a consequence of lower than expected subs so they are trying to shave money here and there to get more of a balance between expense and profit. But the ones calling for more vehicles and large super figures are just not thinking clearly in the reality of a basically independent online only line.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    2012 is already PACKED with figures - with the standard figs, quarterlies, beasts, 30th anniversary & very expensive dragon - so I'm extremely glad there isn't going to be a vehicle to buy on top.
    This.

I'm actually a little grateful for no vehicle next year, we're already getting a wealth of product, and will be the most expensive to date. I'm hoping we have a "back to basics" type of year with 2013, focusing on making fantastic figures and choosing variants that are worth the plastic.... THEN they can see about re-introducing vehicles. We all know the Wind Raider is going to be gangbusters in sales, Granamyr will be the real test on oversized/playset/large diorama pieces.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Heroic Warrior
    No big deal, if they never would have started no one would be that upset. But now that the Wind Raider is coming everyone wants their favorite, I can do with or without. 1 a year or every other year and I will probably get them all, if they were to start releasing more I would probably skip some.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I wonder why some guys think, that they get a really good figure for 80$...

Look at the Marshmallow Man...Cheap as hell! For 70$...

Or the giants...Look like dolls imo.
    Quoted for truth!
    Articulated-Comic-Book-Art Facebook group
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/186144664749556/ -
    He-Man.org feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=208726

I'm okay with this if Granamyr turns out cool.

Next year is packed with stuff. As much as I want a Battle Ram (assuming that is the next vehicle) I can wait.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    And I imagine that's a big part of the why here; adding a vehicle in with an already expensive line-up could pusg things past what the market will bear. THat may be Mattel's concern, especially with the lower sub sales.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Sad news indeed.

However, I'll take Granamyr over any vehicle.

Land Shark for 2013!!
    Word. Bummer about the vehicle, but I'd way rather have Granamyr. They can always go back to doing a vehicle in 2013.

Well I cam say first whew. My wallet will be happy. BUT. With the rise of costs just thingk what they will charge us in 2013. Whew again.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Considering the answer said "no matter how well the Wind Raider sells", I doubt the statement about no vehicles in 2012 is a scare tactic to get people to buy more WR on the sale date come this December. Like I said in the Q & A thread, I feel a bit relieved actually knowing there aren't any vehicles on the table for 2012. No doubt we'll get one in 2013, maybe even in the first quarter... but I am thinking Granamyr is going to be so huge, so expensive... I'm not going to have a ton of room for a Battle Ram, a Fright Fighter, Spydor, Dragon Walker, etc. I am hoping for something smaller for the next vehicle in 2013... at a cheaper price point than the Wind Raider... something akin to Road Ripper.
    Last edited by zodak74; November 16, 2011 at 03:57pm.

Evil Apologist of MattelŪ Count Marzo's Avatar
    Blows but if Granamyr takes up the "non-sub large item/vehicle slot" than so be it. Granamyr is ****ing awesome and a GIGANTIC must have!

I want LOTS of the awesome vintage MOTU vehicles Classicized and inserted into the MOTUC lien though. Especially after seeing what they've done with that Wind Raider, thing is a masterpiece!
    -=ĪEvilCøuntMarzøĪ=-
    BLÅĮK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

So... NOT... Cool...

The Battle-Ram is basically done.
    I'd take the Battle-Ram over Granymyr any day.

I hate this news, but at the same time, I'm sure it's because they're probably finding the spending limit from us for this line. Still, I want that Battle-Ram!!!

This is all assuming the Battle-Ram would've been next of course.

This is a dark day for MotUC for me. A very dark day indeed.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

That's fine by me, 2012 was getting expensive enough as it is with the 30th anniversary figures and Granamyr thrown into the mix of things. I know my wallet is going to be happy if it doesn't have to shell out more for big ticket items.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!