Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: November Q&A: No vehicles will be released in 2012

Heroic Warrior
    I have to say I am a little relieved by this.

As already mentioned by others, we have our 12 standard figures, our quarterly figures, our 30th anniversary figures, our 4 quarterly large SKUs (one of which is $60, the most expensive item yet), we have Granamyr (the most expensive item by the time he comes out) plus new stands coming out. All this, plus the TOD Sorceress and SDCC exclusive... I think 2012 is almost at the tipping point for most, and while I wouldn't take anything away from what we're getting next year, I think adding would be perilous.

Personally, without taking space or finances into account, I want everything released NOW... but realistically, I think we're at the breaking point and I think many people are near the brink of wallet and/or space fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    This is interesting.

Perhaps either the budget has been cut a bit, or not increased enough (hence the trend towards less items and REPAINTS... SNAKE MAA .. which, if continued in a non-imaginative way, ahem, will end the line).
    I blame BG Evil Lyn. She released Account-Or and he promptly slashed the budget.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    It would have been nice if we could have gotten at least one Evil Warrior vehicle in 2012, especially since it's the 30th anniversary.

I'll be interested to see what comes out next year in the second half of the year for the oversized beast. Perhaps we'll get Stridor or Night Stalker to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I blame BG Evil Lyn. She released Account-Or and he promptly slashed the budget.

HAHAHAHAHA! Post of the week!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA! Post of the week!
    Thank you. I'll be here all week! Try the baked chicken, it's delicious! And don't forget to tip your waitress! They're hard working girls!

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    wow this is sad news ... and the saddest thing still, is me thinking that we were only a month and half away till the end of 2012 ....

Stoked for Granamyr

Just want to echo what others have already said; I'm stoked for Granamyr. I think it is great to get stuff that we've never had before.

I am sure another vehicle will come, in time.
    Say cheese!!!

Although I did want another vehicle, if it's because they are putting all their effort into granmyr, it's going to be one hell of a figure. It will be the biggest we've seen I hope.

I am totally okay with this. I've wanted a granamyr even since he told he-man to chop down that tree...... i've always thought he-man a bit of a wuss for not doing it. lol
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Sad news.

I definitely want Granamyr but I wanted another vehicle too.

One More Thing...

... and I also am still really eager to get the Griffin. That was a completely unexpected (and very welcome) reveal a couple months back. Something that I always thought would be cool to have.

That one is like a living vehicle... so, I guess, there's our bad dudes' vehicle for 2012...
    Say cheese!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KalesDad View Post
    What?!? Why no vehicle??!?? I reeeeeeeeally want my Road Ripper MATTY! Honestly? I could care less about Granymyr, I'd really rather have a classic vehicle, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
    Yep, my thoughts exactly.
    END OF LINE

I’d rather Granamyr than a vehicle, to be honest. So I can’t say this bothers me much. He better be good, though!

I'm thinking (unless the WR is a big doozy next month) (somehow), we'll see two vehicles in 2013.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KalesDad View Post
    What?!? Why no vehicle??!?? I reeeeeeeeally want my Road Ripper MATTY! Honestly? I could care less about Granymyr, I'd really rather have a classic vehicle, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
    You`re not alone...

Quote Originally Posted by Underling View Post
    Yep, my thoughts exactly.
    these responses surprise me. I didnt think this would be an issue at all .... because 1 vehicles are awesome for sure, but the joy in the road ripper, was it ripping up roads! ..... if they made it i doubt the action feature would work.

On top of that, and this may sound loopy coming from a guy that collects action figures, but vehicles are for play. I dont play with them anymore ..... I dont really know how to explain it, because of course the figures were for play as well .... vehicles although welcomed, seem childish to me lol .... even typing that I think I sound crazy.

Anyways, if you have the old road ripper, and I fairly sure your MOTUC figures will fit pretty well on it. The open leg vehicles always tended to be a bit bigger, so i bet scale isnt that bad.

At least that can tide you over until you get one! = )
    Religion = The Horde

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    This is a bummer, but I have strong hopes for another vehicle in 2013!! It would make sense for Mattel to produce at least one per year, especially if and when the Wind Raider sells like hot cakes. I guess I just dont see why producing Grannamyr means they cannot make a vehicle as well.......

If it is outside the sub, they should have the flexibility to do both.....

Fingers crossed for that awesome Battle Ram in 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a bit bummed since I've been dreaming of Battle-Ram since this line started. And after seeing one in the convention pics last year, was really looking forward to spending money on it. For me Granamyr will be a pass, but I know there are many who will want one. I hope he sells well enough to convince Mattel that there is Market for a larger vehicle like Battle Ram.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

No vehicle in 2012 really sucks!
    I need at least all the vintage vehicles redesigned for my MOTUC collection!
    NA vehicles and 200X would be definitely a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    No vehicle in 2012 really sucks!
    I need at least all the vintage vehicles redesigned for my MOTUC collection!
    NA vehicles and 200X would be definitely a plus.
    even spit bull? .....
    Religion = The Horde

I'm fine with this, I'd rather sacrafice a remake of a vehicle, then a most wanted large scale beast that has never been done before. besides I need to save every penny on my Horde Troopers. Granamyr, Horde Troopers and another vehicle would be too much. I'm already worried where am I going to put the Wind Raiders and Griffin. Heck I'm not sure Swift Wind is going to fit properly on my shelf.

All I can say that is a terrible news for me. They could've used the Star Sisters' awful budget for a decent vehicle instead of Granymyr's...
    Another bad decision by Mattel.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

space fatigue for sure, I have plans to remodel my room just for a proper display of the MOTUC figures and Maps. I may have too look into a bigger house by 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    I have to say I am a little relieved by this.

As already mentioned by others, we have our 12 standard figures, our quarterly figures, our 30th anniversary figures, our 4 quarterly large SKUs (one of which is $60, the most expensive item yet), we have Granamyr (the most expensive item by the time he comes out) plus new stands coming out. All this, plus the TOD Sorceress and SDCC exclusive... I think 2012 is almost at the tipping point for most, and while I wouldn't take anything away from what we're getting next year, I think adding would be perilous.

Personally, without taking space or finances into account, I want everything released NOW... but realistically, I think we're at the breaking point and I think many people are near the brink of wallet and/or space fatigue.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm starting to get REALLY worried that Granamyr sucked up a LOT of 2012's tooling budget.

I mean...Granamyr and most of the figures we've seen for 2012 seem to have quite a bit of tooling. What's the rest of 2012 going to look like? A He-Man in every colour imaginable?

I will probably get Granamyr...but...I have no idea where I will put him. I don't "wish him away"...but life would have been okay without him...for me. I still have no where to put Tytus and Megator and I REALLY wanted them! Big figures and vehicles = uh-oh for me.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm starting to get REALLY worried that Granamyr sucked up a LOT of 2012's tooling budget.

I mean...Granamyr and most of the figures we've seen for 2012 seem to have quite a bit of tooling. What's the rest of 2012 going to look like? A He-Man in every colour imaginable?
    Also, with the lower subscription sales, I'm worried Mattel will start cutting out some planned accessories and/or parts on figures that are scheduled for the remainder of the year.

I honestly think they need to go 'back to basics' for 2013. As I said earlier - concentrate on making the figures the best they can be, instead of squandering the budget on the large items.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I honestly think they need to go 'back to basics' for 2013. As I said earlier - concentrate on making the figures the best they can be, instead of squandering the budget on the large items.
    I agree...or I'm afraid 2014 will be the year of "Birthstone He-Men." 12 months of the same figure...recoloured.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah