Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: November Q&A: No vehicles will be released in 2012

I'm glad we're getting the Wind Raider but I am not overly enthusiastic about getting other vehicles, especially when the resources could be used in other areas. I would rather see more beasts and 2 or 3 packs.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I'm sorry to hear no vehicle at all next year, not even a small one. I really think fans would pay for the Battle Ram if it was offered. If anything, I suspect more people would buy that than Granamyr since the dragon has to be adapted and may not please all his fans while just about everyone loves what they've seen of the BR. Also I fear the big G is going to be closer to $100 than $80 and Mattel knows we won't take a price hike on that very well.

I don't think it'd be that difficult to put 1 vehicle in the line once a year. Put it in w/ our 4 quarterly beast/multi-pack & now a vehicle. Why not?? Love to see more vehicles.

I'm excited about Granamyr, but I would prefer the Attak Trak or Battle Ram. As long as the line lasts long enough to get all 3 I'll be fine.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
    The reasons they can't have a vehicle in 2012 is

1.) They want to see how the Wind Raider does and since it has been pushed back to December it will be late January before the can commit to another vehicle.

2.) It will take over a year from when the vehicle is green lit to make it into production roughly. So we will probably see a sneak peak at power-con next year.

My guess is first quarter 2013 as an actual release date. More expensive vehicle if wind raider does well. Less expensive if it does poorly.
    I can hardly imagine, that the Wind Raider wont sell out fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I can hardly imagine, that the Wind Raider wont sell out fast!
    I am sure it will do good enough to warrant another vehicle. I plan on "trying" to get 2. But Mattel will want to make sure that it sells good before putting money into another vehicle. And that will take about a year from Mid December.

I am hoping Battle Ram next but I will take any vintage vehicle we can get.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Here's a theory:

Maybe a certain brand manager isn't releasing the Battle Ram because a certain upstart decided to put it on display at a certain con because he's cooler than cool and has enough faith in the customer base to know that it would buy that vehicle, and others... and said brand manager was angry that his "authori-tay" was undermined, so he has the upstart sculpt a different vehicle instead... and then decides to not bother with a second vehicle for 2012 (even though it is already sculpted, and has been displayed, to MUCH acclaim)... and then said brand manager SAYS that the resources are going to another larger item, but will likely cheap-out on that too, so he can come in WAY under budget, and his bosses will be just a little less upset by all the lines he's managed that have failed??

Nahhhh... I'm just playin'!

I mean, what resources are we talking about here? The Battle Ram is already sculpted, and Mattel does tooling in-house.
    Last edited by bcrduke; November 20, 2011 at 01:29am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Here's a theory:

Maybe a certain brand manager isn't releasing the Battle Ram because a certain upstart decided to put it on display at a certain con because he's cooler than cool and has enough faith in the customer base to know that it would buy that vehicle, and others... and said brand manager was angry that his "authori-tay" was undermined, so he has the upstart sculpt a different vehicle instead... and then decides to not bother with a second vehicle for 2012 (even though it is already sculpted, and has been displayed, to MUCH acclaim)... and then said brand manager SAYS that the resources are going to another larger item, but will likely cheap-out on that too, so he can come in WAY under budget, and his bosses will be just a little less upset by all the lines he's managed that have failed??

I mean, what resources are we talking about here? The Battle Ram is already sculpted, and Mattel does tooling in-house.
    I do hope you aren't implying that the dragon will be made out of play-doh.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    I do hope you aren't implying that the dragon will be made out of play-doh.
    Yummy.....
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    I've been waiting for Granamyr and his ridiculous helmet for about 25 years. I can understand why others wouldn't want to buy him just like I would never buy Illumina.

Granamyr is great. I can deal with no vehicle.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Here's a theory:

Haha. You and that certain brand manager should definitely spend some quality time together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    So... NOT... Cool...

The Battle-Ram is basically done.
    I'd take the Battle-Ram over Granymyr any day.

I hate this news, but at the same time, I'm sure it's because they're probably finding the spending limit from us for this line. Still, I want that Battle-Ram!!!

This is all assuming the Battle-Ram would've been next of course.

This is a dark day for MotUC for me. A very dark day indeed.
    sorry to hear.. woohoo for granamyr

Not surprising. Disappointing, yes. But not surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Nooooooooo! I want my battle ram. Sigh. I would trade the wind raider for that battl ram prototype anyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Absolutely sucks about not getting a vehicle in 2012.
    Quote Originally Posted by KalesDad View Post
    What?!? Why no vehicle??!?? I reeeeeeeeally want my Road Ripper MATTY! Honestly? I could care less about Granymyr, I'd really rather have a classic vehicle, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigfella View Post
    Im stoked to be getting Granamyr, so no big loss on the no vehicle for 2012, Granamyr is gonna rock!!!
    WORD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Yeah, I REALLY wish they would have done that!!! I was totally counting on getting that spectacular Battle Ram next year and am TRULY bummed out right now.

Yeah, the dragon is gonna be great, but Battle Ram was BY FAR the item (figure, beast or otherwise) I was most anticipating the reveal of.
    uhh, sorry bud. but i dont like ur post

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Sad news indeed.

However, I'll take Granamyr over any vehicle.

Land Shark for 2013!!
    woohoo for granamyr.. but Land shark? eh..

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    I want vehicles but would rather have Granamyr if that is the only way it can be. I have my vintage vehicles displayed with my classics for now but I have no Granamyr.
    POST WINNER!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Ungh. Thatīs indeed disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by RatedE View Post
    That's ok. I'm looking foward to a battle ram one day since thats the vehicle I owned as a kid. Anyway, I'm happy with the Windraider for now.

Granamyr is going to be sick!
    wohoo

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I'm majorly disappointed by that. I'd rather have spent $ 80.- on Spydor or Point Dread & Talon Fighter than getting a red Granamyr.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I'm okay with this if Granamyr turns out cool.

Next year is packed with stuff. As much as I want a Battle Ram (assuming that is the next vehicle) I can wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    Just want to echo what others have already said; I'm stoked for Granamyr. I think it is great to get stuff that we've never had before.

I am sure another vehicle will come, in time.
    GRANAMYR is TOP of the line!

we never had him at all and i want him first than any other vehicle.

i'm very happy with wind raider coming now and other vehicles can wait in my book.

i can't wait for granamyr. he will be perfect for my classic 80's collection
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Here's a theory:

I have NO idea whom you speak of my dear boy!

But My thoughts exactly! In fact I seem to remember posting a similar observation way back at its reveal 'whats the bet we dont get it, cos they showed it first!'

hehe
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I have NO idea whom you speak of my dear boy!

But My thoughts exactly! In fact I seem to remember posting a similar observation way back at its reveal 'whats the bet we dont get it, cos they showed it first!'

hehe
    So dumb. I mean, they did that off the clock. It looks perfect as-is, so no need to go back to the drawing board at all. Mattel's crazy not to push this out the door.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    So dumb. I mean, they did that off the clock. It looks perfect as-is, so no need to go back to the drawing board at all. Mattel's crazy not to push this out the door.
    Exactly....Its like the times TG has bragged about the 'Little Extras' that the 4H sculpt....does he really think we aint gonna cry foul!

Still smarting over the 'Grizzlor' pic!

ka
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; November 21, 2011 at 07:42pm.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Uh-oh...Granamyr killed all the vehicles in 2012. How come Mattel never asked us if we would rather have Granamyr or the Battle Ram?

Exactly! The really bites. We get a dragon thing with a goofy hat (from some obscure mini-comic?) vs a cool CLASSICS vehicle?

No offense to the Grymnar fans...but...we SHOULD have had a say in this!
    Not cool!
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    Exactly! The really bites. We get a dragon thing with a goofy hat (from some obscure mini-comic?) vs a cool CLASSICS vehicle?

Not cool!
    You're mistaken. He's a dragon from an obscure cartoon from the 1980s . . a cartoon that everyone I've ever met in the US has heard of.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post

Not cool!
    Go back and watch those episodes. He's a great character (despite the goofy hat).

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    You're mistaken. He's a dragon from an obscure cartoon from the 1980s . . a cartoon that everyone I've ever met in the US has heard of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Granamyr View Post
    Go back and watch those episodes. He's a great character (despite the goofy hat).
    HAHAHA.. Whoops! Stuck my foot in it there eh?
    When they talked of releasing him I had no idea who he was except for a couple drawings they showed IIRC... Never saw the episode with him in it. I wasnt always aloud to watch the old cartoon when I was a kid.
    And I am not crazy about it (the old cartoon) now. I mean I watch it once in a while with my kids, but I usually get board or tired during them. But I remember thinking it was GREAT when I was little. (So dont get me wrong, its a cool cartoon. Im just saying I havent seen them all. Though I have seen all the 200X Cartoons. Love those. Own those.)
    So anyway....

I still would have voted for a new vehicle. And I still think they should have given fans the vote.
    Im not against them making Gryanamar, but I dont really want him myself. Is he a sub fig? If not that's cool cause I wont have to pay for him. Still sucks that we wont get a vehicle.

I WANT MY STRYDOR AND NIGHT STALKER!! There's my useless rant
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Heroic Warrior
    I also have nothing against Mattel producing Granamyr, but he shouldnt take away a vehicle slot...

Really sucks about no new vehicles til 2013, but I know Granamyr will be awesome, but I'd much rather have another vehicle.
    No sacrifice is for nothing, if it helps other people. - He-Man
    Episode: Eye of the beholder

Market place feedback:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ht=mosquitor87

Member of the Arizona Mazters!