Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teela's steed "Charger" Speculation and discussion thread

Heroic Warrior
    Great idea, I think the head would need to be new to incorporate the horn and beard
    ( Panthor) and possibly the bottom of the legs for the longer fur,
    But heres the problem, how many of you would be satisfied with Swiftwinds Collar painted a different colour? Because with out a re-do of the body or kneck that's how it would be , the body would be the obvious choice to get rid of the wing peg holes but then that's a lot of new work for a Teelas ride
    Last edited by Zombihamma-AI; December 28, 2011 at 03:56am.

Isn't the collar just glued to the body? Or is it part of the sculpt?

And can anyone confirm that Teela can sit in the saddle okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Isn't the collar just glued to the body? Or is it part of the sculpt?

And can anyone confirm that Teela can sit in the saddle okay?
    If you want something done right...

She sort of does fit (they even appear to have added a groove to accommodate the front most gold leaf), but it looks like there will be an unsightly gap that She-Ra's skirt covered. She sits so high above the saddle that I don't think they needed the groove even.

The 2.0 buck isn't much different though.

So they can make a Charger with Swiftwind's saddle right now and both current Teelas will fit it, though not perfectly if there is such a thing.
    Last edited by gbagok; December 28, 2011 at 05:11pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmm both Teelas fit on him much better than, that I tried it out last night, BG Teela fits perfectly, and regular Teela fits ok, if you work at the legs a bit You can make her sit pretty good, although a new saddle would work better,
    The collar could just not be added at the factory, but the join underneath is just not sculpted in a way that it can be displayed and still look good, the collar bridges a unsightly gap that allows articulation,

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Hmmm both Teelas fit on him much better than, that I tried it out last night, BG Teela fits perfectly, and regular Teela fits ok, if you work at the legs a bit You can make her sit pretty good, although a new saddle would work better,
    The collar could just not be added at the factory, but the join underneath is just not sculpted in a way that it can be displayed and still look good, the collar bridges a unsightly gap that allows articulation,
    Ummmm, BG Teela, if you spread her legs comically wide, sits closer to the saddle, like this:

Display her to one side though because one leg sticks out

but original Teela really does not fit closer than in the picture I took. The hard gold leaf actually does prevent a tighter fit as I discovered when I risked breakage to see if you were right. From a different angle and leaning back she looks better (see below), but that gap is there.

Last edited by gbagok; December 29, 2011 at 04:26pm.

Thanks for the photos. Damn...I'd have to see more to decide if I could live with it, but I think they'd probably have to tool a new saddle. I'd like a new Teela too, but for this issue a new saddle would likely be needed one way or the other.

The reduction of skus makes me worry if they will ever do Charger now.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    The reduction of skus makes me worry if they will ever do Charger now.
    We definitely won't see him next year. I'll still keep my fingers crossed that they get to him down the road.

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    I'd buy a charger figure, and probably one for my daughter too!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/a...u/88e96258.jpg

I have two colouring books, and two Sticker fun books. Charger is in 3 of the 4. Any other stories, books, etc, with illustrations?
    Which book is this one? Show the cover?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Hmm, I don't see it on the org. I should probably scan and upload it. I have a few things that aren't in the archives.

Quick photo.

But when looking for it on here, I came across this one. Charger on the cover!

Kewl! More Pre-Filmation media! I had to go eBay that one.

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    I think the best way to get her to fit, is a 0.2 Teela with a new body suit closer maching the vintage
    Figure where the leaf is much higher and smaller ( thanks for the pics gbagok),
    Also, a New head for the horse with beard and a hole were you could plug ether a horn or a tuft of hair ( bangs).

Still it's very unlikely to happen now, with the low sub sales.

Snappy Threader
    I don't know. THe horse is awesome, and they will want to justify the mold for Swift Wind by pumping out a few horses.....Spirit, Arrow, Moonbeam, Sundancer, Storm....Charger...so sure. I bet we get him eventually. I hope anyway.

Thanks again to everyone who posted the reference images. I've been working on a custom "Charger" on and off between commissions and I've finally finished patching all the holes created by Swift Wind's wings and collar. Next step is sanding and gold paint. I'm leaning toward a red saddle blanked and brown saddle unless anyone can think of a better color combo. I'll post in the custom section when he's done.

I want one of the crystal ponies instead please.

He's back!

I hope this is a good sign that we might see him in the line one day...

I was excited to see a reappearance! Hopefully we'll see Charger in the regular series too.

I'd like him, but with the horn from the mini-comic, not the one seen in the new comic. The recent depiction has the horn too long and thin.

And I'd like for them to really bring out the golden aspect of him on the figure. Maybe even metallic gold applications to the hooves and mane.

I doubt he will be called "Charger", but that seems to be the name given to him by fans.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    And I'd like for them to really bring out the golden aspect of him on the figure. Maybe even metallic gold applications to the hooves and mane.
    But it's not real gold, it's palomino.

I doubt he will be called "Charger", but that seems to be the name given to him by fans.
    True, it's a common noun to designate a warhorse (or 'destrier'), but it's not a randomly chosen name. It does stem from the mini-comics: "evil eyes were gazing upon Tee-Lan the warrior-goddess, as she watered her unicorn charger."
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Never had much interest in Charger until issue# 6, so they must be doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    But it's not real gold, it's palomino.

True, it's a common noun to designate a warhorse (or 'destrier'), but it's not a randomly chosen name. It does stem from the mini-comics: "evil eyes were gazing upon Tee-Lan the warrior-goddess, as she watered her unicorn charger."
    Yeah, but this is MOTU...Tigers are not green, but Battle Cat is. So, maybe this particular horse isn't a palimino, exactly, and has an actual gold sheen to him? Fantasy world, dude....

And I know where they got the name Charger from. But, even that line from the comic is stating her unicorn is a charger.

Yeah, but this is MOTU...Tigers are not green, but Battle Cat is. So, maybe this particular horse isn't a palimino, exactly, and has an actual gold sheen to him? Fantasy world, dude....
    Except there's nothing in the text or in the illustration that actually indicates it's a horse with a metallic golden sheen.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I think the horse would look too weird and be mistook for a machine if it came in metallic gold. The horn, hooves, and saddle being metallic gold would be enough I think, and let the actual horse be tan.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

It's a unicorn with the ability to grow back his/her horn that lives in a fantasy world. Such is the case, it CAN be purple with green polka dots. I've always thought he/she was metallic gold based on the coloring in the comics. I have a custom in the works and I have to say, the metallic gold looks very cool on it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app