Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teela's steed "Charger" Speculation and discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    It's a unicorn with the ability to grow back his/her horn that lives in a fantasy world. Such is the case, it CAN be purple with green polka dots. I've always thought he/she was metallic gold based on the coloring in the comics. I have a custom in the works and I have to say, the metallic gold looks very cool on it.
    Being a fantasy doesn't mean anything at all goes. I gave a reason, it'll look too inorganic, and that's a good enough reason for me to not use that color on the body.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

So, the Castle Grasykull voting mega-list has "Battle Unicorn" listed. Wonder if they'll stick with that for the name?

I would support Charger in MOTUC!
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Queen Angela, Lodar & Hunga the Harpy

Just saw this for the first time, he actually had a die-cast figure

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Just saw this for the first time, he actually had a die-cast figure

Yep, I remember seeing this set at KB Toys as a kid. Interestingly, he looks gold on the box art but is painted like a brown and white horse in the photography.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'd really love to see Teela's Golden Unicorn. I wouldn't mind if he was called Charger, even though that is more of a description as to the type of horse he is. But, the name fits well; and it's MUCH better than "Battle Unicorn". I really hope he doesn't get that name, it's so lame.

In the Chinese Zodiac calendar, the year 2014 is the "Year of the Horse". Toyguru (Scott) has vaguely suggested horses will be coming. Do you think he would tie the two together and offer up several in 2014? I think that would be a fun way to get them into MOTUC, non-sub of course for those that don't want all the mounts...

Stridor
    Teela's Golden Unicorn
    Silver Storm
    Night Stalker
    Arrow

With all the part reuse and even the part reuse between Stridor and Night Stalker, offering them as non-sub items might not be as risky as say, Mantisaur, which has no reuse possibilities.

I would love to have a figure of Charger! Once we have Castle Graskull and hopefully the Battle Ram in hand, he is the only one missing from the early pre-Filmation world of MOTU.
    They have the buck and Charger appeared in the new comics! I really hope we get a figure before the line ends. PErsonally, I even prefer him to Storm.
    I want Charger, Arrow and Spirit first before they release Storm (but that's just my personal preference)
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I would love to have a figure of Charger! Once we have Castle Graskull and hopefully the Battle Ram in hand, he is the only one missing from the early pre-Filmation world of MOTU.
    They have the buck and Charger appeared in the new comics! I really hope we get a figure before the line ends. PErsonally, I even prefer him to Storm.
    I want Charger, Arrow and Spirit first before they release Storm (but that's just my personal preference)
    yes, release more horses. i want the golden unicorn too
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

If I remember well the charger word on the minicomic refers to the kind of steed it is and not the name. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horses_in_warfare#Europe

"A generic word used to describe medieval war horses was charger, which appears interchangeable with the other terms"
    Also has you can see here, it is not the horse name, because it is not even written using caps for the first letter. So I will keep calling him Stridor, he is what I imagine Stridor was before he was transformed into a robot, in my Mythos that is.

712db36e.jpg
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Has anyone figured out how the real Teela(not BG Teela) would be able to sit on Charger?

Unless/until we get a Teela 2.0 that has a MUCH SOFTER outfit, Charger wouldn't make much sense for a Teela that can't ride it.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Well, why not making him anyway... if she canīt ride him... maybe he can ride her... no?
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

At this point in the line, I have no appetite whatsoever for getting a generic horse. The focus should only be on getting all the figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    At this point in the line, I have no appetite whatsoever for getting a generic horse. The focus should only be on getting all the figures.
    This is far from a generic horse, he's a golden sometimes unicorn. Yes, I'll take the back of the BR first but I'll take this horse over another Filmation beast.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'd support this. My collection could use a generic horse.

No desire to own any of these horses they would have to be as cool as night-stalker. for me to consider it... but really i just figures...
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    As we draw to the end, getting the totality of the Pre-filmation MOTU world has become a big thing for me. The Battle Ram would complete the 1982 toy offerings, and Charger, the Battle Unicorn, would complete the first year Mini-comics cast.

Point Dread and the Talon Fighter would be my last want in that arena, because the 1983 minicomics really made that set a focal point, and part of Teela and the Sorceress' Pre-filmation origins. That makes it essential to my collection, and clearly a necessary addition to Castle Grayskull.

But Charger's so easy to do... the buck is there. A new head and a saddle the plugs in/hides the post holes from Swift Wind, and Teela's got her original mount.
    My 2016 Wishlist:

2.0s: HE-MAN, Sorceress,
    Filmation: KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug
    200x: VEENA, Prahvus
    NA: CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    Concept: RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero He-Man

Sign me up for a HORSE SUB, if that's what it takes!

Four horses, over the course of the year, one every third month:

-1st and most importantly (sorry, Charger/Battle Unicorn): SPIRIT!

-Battle Unicorn/Charger

-Arrow

-Storm
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    So, the Castle Grasykull voting mega-list has "Battle Unicorn" listed. Wonder if they'll stick with that for the name?
    I hope they do! I like the name Battle Unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero View Post
    I hope they do! I like the name Battle Unicorn.
    I don't. I hate that name. It's really, REALLY bad in my opinion. The beast never had a name, but I'd be fine with the fan given name, "Charger". It's way better than "Battle Unicorn". That's just horrid.

That being said, I do hope this steed get's made. It would be really cool.

I'd just like to add that I also prefer the name "Charger." Yeah, I know that was used as a desription and not a name in the mini-comic, but it sounds like what Mattel would have named him back then if it went to toy. In fact, I think there were plans on making it a toy in 1981.

Charger could come with extra weapons that would also be able to be carried on the saddle.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I would love to have this golden unicorn. It could come as a 2 pack with Teela 2.0.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Queen Angela, Lodar & Hunga the Harpy

Quote Originally Posted by Greenskull View Post
    I would love to have this golden unicorn. It could come as a 2 pack with Teela 2.0.
    Great idea! It seems they're having trouble coming up with reusable beasts as they've done in the past so this kills two birds with one stone...

1) Almost 100% tooling reuse on the beast.
    2) Gives everyone who missed out on a Teela the chance to get one.

Heroic Warrior
    This is my single most wanted beast. Ever since I was six and read the first mini comics and early media, I've always wanted Teela's unicorn. Rather a unicorn than a horse, but totally down with the plug in mane/ horn option. Everyone should be allowed to have their own version represented. It's a shame about the neck joint "bib" on Swiftwind; all of our steed fixes would be much easier to satiate.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and and original here

Quote Originally Posted by Greenskull View Post
    Time to bring this thread back after seeing Arrow and Battle Ram w/MAA.

Charger and Teela 2.0 should make it as well.
    Seppuku, Ordet, Bad Day at Black Rock, Red Beard, Johnny Guitar, Children of Paradise, The Seventh Seal, I Know Where I'm Going!, Barton Fink, Point Blank, Barry Lyndon, A Nous La Liberte, Young Frankenstein, Only God Forgives, The Leopard

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by kantboy2 View Post
    Time to bring this thread back after seeing Arrow and Battle Ram w/MAA.

Charger and Teela 2.0 should make it as well.
    Agreed! Hopefully, the Oolar reveal will renew interest in Alcala styled pre-filmation figures and beasts like Charger and Teela in this style. Think this deserves a poll...BUT I have no idea how to do so, so I guess I'll pose these questions here:

If it were to happen, would you like to see a total 2.0 treatment, or the original release of Teela with the original head sculpt?

The same Teela buck/outfit but with a new head sculpt that better emulates the original mini-comic Teela?

Repainted Red long hair (Battle Ground Teela) and a blonde tiara updo (ala Original Teela)?

Red, long 200X head?

Filmation head?

Two-part Goddess armor (helmeted head with snake's head; like as football helmet. Armor that is placed below the head, like Beast-man, that allows for better head articulation)?

Would you prefer the Unicorn to have a fixed horn, or a plug to where the horn could be replaced with a maine piece (bangs)?

Should the unicorn(/horse) be metalic golden, or simply be more brown with a golden sheen (dry wash)?

If released as a two-pack, should Mattel re-release the weapons in a bronze or burgundy?

Should the figure have the ax and white and gold shield as seen in the mini-comics, and maybe a Filmation styled Sword and Shield, or all the above?

This has the potential to make so many fans happy, and I know there's been a lot of back-and-forth about variants, but this could be one of the most epic MOTUC releases ever! Really, really want this to happen. Toyguru said that the design team and management are always watching the forums and this is the best time to discuss this. A few people reposting isn't going to make this happen. Please, use the chat feature to call this thread to other people's attention and post about this! Now that the Battle-Ram and Oo-lar have been announced, NOW is the time to strike while the iron is hot and there is re-newed interest in the subjects of two-packs and Alcala mini-comics' asthetic! If anyone wants to post these questions in a poll-form, please feel free to do so.
    Last edited by True Form; August 4, 2014 at 06:25pm.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and and original here