Thread: Did Captain Glenn introduce technology to Eternia or was it already there?

Did Captain Glenn introduce technology to Eternia or was it already there?

Forgive me if I missed this discussion, but I searched for more information on her and haven't found much. But since she came in the mail from Black Friday, I've contemplated somethings:
    Is she part of Matt Mason (either originally, retconned, or possibly).
    Did she bring technology to Eternia before becoming a mom, and Duncan took over that department and developed it for their needs on the otherwise barbaric world?
    Was there already technology on Eternia when she got to it?
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

I like to think that there was an entire MOTU storyline of heroes and battles and civilizations that took place millenia before He-Man walked on the scene. Castle Grayskull and it's weapons and technology (tech suit, weapons rack, turret lasers) are remnants of this forgotten time. Only the Goddess and the Sorceress, and maybe Zodak know of this age and the events which went on then, and the consequences of what can happen if The Power of the Universe falls into the wrong hands. This is what keeps them ever vigilant in their efforts to keep the Power Sword seperated.

I like to think King Grayskull was just appointed The King of Castle Grayskull for his efforts in keeping Eternia safe from evil, not that he created the castle. I think it's much cooler if it's shrouded in mystery.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Heroic Warrior
    There certainly was technology long before Capt. Glenn reached Eternia. Some kind of technology, at least. I think some technology actually arrived with He-Ro (he was sick with the techno-virus, and was healed by Eldor)...

Long before her.

Heroic Warrior
    I love this idea and it would make really interesting canon.

Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    I like to think that there was an entire MOTU storyline of heroes and battles and civilizations that took place millenia before He-Man walked on the scene. Castle Grayskull and it's weapons and technology (tech suit, weapons rack, turret lasers) are remnants of this forgotten time. Only the Goddess and the Sorceress, and maybe Zodak know of this age and the events which went on then, and the consequences of what can happen if The Power of the Universe falls into the wrong hands. This is what keeps them ever vigilant in their efforts to keep the Power Sword seperated.

I like to think King Grayskull was just appointed The King of Castle Grayskull for his efforts in keeping Eternia safe from evil, not that he created the castle. I think it's much cooler if it's shrouded in mystery.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Earthlings settled Eternia long before (thanks either to time travel or a leygate). That could be the connection Marlena discovers.

In any event, tech was around since the Great Wars (probably brought by the Horde and/or He-Ro. In some versions though, it seems there were dark ages during which much of the high technology was forgotten or lost.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    I love this idea and it would make really interesting canon.

That was the original canon for the mini comics. A lot changed with Filmation, but I think in all canons Eternia had tech long before Marlena.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    There was some mention of a Great Cataclysm in the original mini-comics that took place thousand of years before. I always thought the tech came from that and Duncan and a few others were responsible for getting it back up and running and applying what they learned from the things they found in new inventions.

To me Eternos has always been a fairly advanced place compared to the other areas of Eternia. Could bethat a few enclaves or communities were somewhat spared from the Great Cataclysm.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

doesn't wun-dar have a gun?

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    doesn't wun-dar have a gun?
    He does but he throws it at people like He-Man used to throw his sword in Filmation.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

I thought the only thing Captain Glenn introduced to Eternia was Christmas?
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    That was the original canon for the mini comics. A lot changed with Filmation, but I think in all canons Eternia had tech long before Marlena.
    Yeah, that's where the idea stems from. I used to stare at the tech suit for long periods of time as a child, imagining what it was used for and who built it. I like to think it was used against dark magic and there were once thousands of suits.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    that and awesome children.

That and I believe the "Man-At-Arms" is a title that is passed from mentor to apprentice. This role is the person who keeps the secrets of the lost art of High Technologie running. That is their role in the kingdom, just as important in it's way as the Sorceress.

I always thought I saw a taste of that in the old minicomics. There was a super advanced world of tech that destroyed itself. Millenia later the barbarians with magic utilized the tech that the society of Men At Arms kept alive.

This always seemed obvious to me as a kid. It got lost like much of the old feel, but...

The tech was there. Most of it gone, but some remnants kept going.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    That and I believe the "Man-At-Arms" is a title that is passed from mentor to apprentice. This role is the person who keeps the secrets of the lost art of High Technologie running. That is their role in the kingdom, just as important in it's way as the Sorceress.

I always thought I saw a taste of that in the old minicomics. There was a super advanced world of tech that destroyed itself. Millenia later the barbarians with magic utilized the tech that the society of Men At Arms kept alive.

This always seemed obvious to me as a kid. It got lost like much of the old feel, but...

The tech was there. Most of it gone, but some remnants kept going.
    That's the way I see it as well...
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Heroic Warrior
    Take a look into the central tower... and that building is 5000 years old... the dinosaurs have bionic parts... AND He-Ro was infected with a techno-virus... so...

interesting input guys, I have a ton of learning to do. I was into He-Man up until SyKlone(original series) so didn't know about the dinos and Preternia. Then again, loved 200x which, to my knowledge, didn't delve into history ...but the cartoon came at a time when i didn't have the technology to keep-up with it(VCR era for me, not TiVo), so I missed much of the cartoon then, but not the toys.
    So, my other question: Is Captain Glenn a part of Matt Mason's group?
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that she was, but that source is unattainable to me now, since it was back in the late summer when I most likely read it.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    According to He-ro and Tytus's bios the Evil Horde infected He-ro with a techno-virus. At the time, dinosaurs started developing techno parts. It is more or less hinted that the Evil Horde was very advanced in technology and brought it to Eternia...

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Sometimes, for comedy's sake I wish this wasn't a family friendly site. I have a joke I wanna make!

anyway now you got me in the mood to watch the Christmas special tonight!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Sometimes, for comedy's sake I wish this wasn't a family friendly site. I have a joke I wanna make!

anyway now you got me in the mood to watch the Christmas special tonight!
    so, if she landed on Cybertron, we'd have a hero named He-Bot and She-Rom?
    haha.

As others have said, the Pre-Filmation stories revealed there was great technology in Eternia's past, used prior to the Great Wars.

Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    i know she introduced the non-dumpy female crotch

The UK comics had indicated that Marlena's earth influence lent the look to Stridor, Snout Sbout and other Earth designs in technology. I wouldn't be against Glenn introducing technology to Eternia in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
    Forgive me if I missed this discussion, but I searched for more information on her and haven't found much. But since she came in the mail from Black Friday, I've contemplated somethings:
    Is she part of Matt Mason (either originally, retconned, or possibly).
    Did she bring technology to Eternia before becoming a mom, and Duncan took over that department and developed it for their needs on the otherwise barbaric world?
    Was there already technology on Eternia when she got to it?

Oh, Glenn is definately linked to Matt Mason in my head... I want a Matt Mason figure in MOTUC.
    Last edited by Moominsthenmotu; December 11, 2011 at 07:08am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"