Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (11/15/2011)

3. Is Fisto's fist interchangeable with the arm attachments of Hurricane Hordak, Roboto, Trap Jaw and Horde Prime?

While we have seen fan requests for this, Fisto was not designed with a removable fist and it is too late to make this change at this time.
    How stupid. Roboto, Trap Jaw, and Hurricane Hordak all have interchangeable parts. Clawful's claw was removable.

Why not Fisto? A five year old could have anticipated the desire for that.

The figure is still awesome, one of the best so far it looks like, but that was so easy to do.

He's still almost perfect, but that would have been very neat to have.

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    I don't know why people are so bummed about the no vehicle for 2012 because of Granamyr. The way I see it, we were never promised vehicles in this line, so we should be lucky that we'Re getting a beautiful Wind Raider. However, Toy Guru did say from the very beginning that Granamyr was a doable character because of his green mini-Comic appearance, so with Granamyr, we knew we would eventually get him. And since he is costing $80, which is the price of the 2 Giant figures combined, maybe it is wise of them to invest that vehicle money into do a proper Granamyr.
    I personally would prefer a vehicle than an over sized goofy looking dragon sitting on his ass.

However if they make Granamyr something like this, then I am all for it:

Last edited by kup; November 16, 2011 at 06:12pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Aside from the ability to use it on Trap Jaw, Roboto or HH Hordak, what exactly is the huge appeal for a removable-fist Fisto? He's Fisto... without his fist, he's just O, which isn't as exciting or special.

I can understand the flack about the underwhelming SMAA, I can see why folks are upset over the (beautifully) repaint on BG Evil Lyn, I can even appreciate the complaints over the (in my opinion, very minor detail from a visual point of view) reversed shoulders on KH and Roboto. But this one, I really don't understand. Unless they had a "normal hand" and he slipped on the metal fist for action, what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    Aside from the ability to use it on Trap Jaw, Roboto or HH Hordak, what exactly is the huge appeal for a removable-fist Fisto? He's Fisto... without his fist, he's just O, which isn't as exciting or special.

Unless they had a "normal hand" and he slipped on the metal fist for action, what's the point?
    Different colored fists later on in the line. A possible 200x fist. The ability to swap between Jitsu later on.

I don't know. It's just a nice option to have and it would have been so easy. Clawful has it. Why not Fisto?
    Last edited by Thrawn29; November 16, 2011 at 07:31pm.

Quote Originally Posted by dark sorceress View Post
    *looks at smaa* no they are not using extra heads purely as a sales gimmick
    Zing!!!!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    NOTE: Mattel will take a break for the holidays so there will be no Q&A for January 1st. The last Q&A for the year is December 15th! Thanks to Veebs for the info!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 17, 2011 at 04:10pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    NOTE: Mattel will take a break for the holidays so there will be no Q&A for December 15th. The Q&A's return for January 1st!
    Wow. So it will be sweet farniente for Mattel until January 2012 as far as Q&A's are concerned...

I guess we can wake up for February and the new reveals. I don't think we'll learn something very interesting until then (except maybe more bad news)...

I did not know that when Mark Taylor designed Vikor back in the day, he based the character on He-Man. That is amazing new information!!
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

A Little late but posted questions on my site
    http://www.elkkthunderstoyroom.com/2...of-q-with.html

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Different colored fists later on in the line. A possible 200x fist. The ability to swap between Jitsu later one.

I don't know. It's just a nice option to have and it would have been so easy. Clawful has it. Why not Fisto?
    Behind THrawn on this.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Different colored fists later on in the line. A possible 200x fist. The ability to swap between Jitsu later on.

What Thrawn said. Plus, now making Jitsu will likely cost Mattel more which will take more money out of their tooling budget which could be used for other things (like...an arm cannon for Snake Man-At-Arms, maybe?).

It also would have made the Fisto figure more appealing to customizers, which could increase sales. Weapons Pak items = parts re-use, makes Mattel money.

- more display options
    - cheaper to produce Fisto and Jitsu that way
    - more appealing to customizers
    - Weapons Pak repaint options
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I still don't get people's hang-ups about the spade. It's okay for Bow to have all 4 card-suits on his arrows, but it's bad for Spector to use one on his armor?

And Fisto's fist not being removable is clearly the end of the world, since he's seen removing his fist so often!
    The playing card theme suits Bow's character as a rogue, and gives us a little insight into his personality. He's obviously a gambler who likes taking risks.

A time-traveling superhero spy who chooses to wear the Ace of Spades as his chest emblem makes no sense to me all. Unless he's a big fan of Motorhead?

I do agree with you about Fisto's hand though. I never felt there was any need for it (or Clawful's claw for that matter) to be removable.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; November 16, 2011 at 07:41pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    from what we need told it was a 2000x fig that was bumped
    You're right. I forgot about this. It was mentioned a couple of times.

Man, I was really looking forward to removing Fisto's fist.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Man, I was really looking forward to removing Fisto's fist.
    Me too. I was hoping for a possible 200X fist down the line. Bummer.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

So I'm guessing he'll have armor like Icarius, so you won't have to remove his fist.

Quote Originally Posted by belmont View Post
    wow, comparing Bow to Spector is like comparing Aston Martin to a bike. What a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    The playing card theme suits Bow's character as a rogue, and gives us a little insight into his personality. He's obviously a gambler who likes taking risks.

A time-traveling superhero spy who chooses to wear the Ace of Spades as his chest emblem makes no sense to me all. Unless he's a big fan of Motorhead?

I do agree with you about Fisto's hand though. I never felt there was any need for it (or Clawful's claw for that matter) to be removable.
    One of the reasons people give for not liking the spade is it's too earthlike. It's okay for Bow though.
    There's no bio for Spector yet. The spade has a meaning that will be revealed. Maybe the spade is Etherian, and the PoP fans can be proud to add him to their ranks!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Plus, now making Jitsu will likely cost Mattel more which will take more money out of their tooling budget which could be used for other things (like...an arm cannon for Snake Man-At-Arms, maybe?).
    I don't see the correlation between "not removable" and a totally new sculpt needed for Jitsu and a possible arm-cannoned MAA... Figures have hands that are not removable now, but don't need a totally new arm sculpt from elbow to fingertip if they want to change a hand. Isn't it possible that the glove is "cut" at the forearm, which would allow them to only have to sculpt the new Jitsu hand or the arm cannon of MAA? They have to tool the new hand either way...

Granamyr better be a sight to behold!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Scott needs to cut the Kay-Rap with the ego on Spector.

"out of respect for the creator?"

I love how he's speaking in the third person in that response AND putting himself in the same league as the 4H or even Geoff Johns and Terry Higuchi.
    I don't think Scott answers most of these questions. They are answered by other members of marketing.
    Last edited by He-Man123; November 16, 2011 at 09:18pm.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Granamyr better be a sight to behold!
    It will be made in the same spirit as Clawful, Leech and Grizzlor:

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    http://www.toystore.info/images/silly-SP2003.jpg
    I'm afraid you may be right.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    NOTE: Mattel will take a break for the holidays so there will be no Q&A for December 15th. The Q&A's return for January 1st!
    That is incorrect. There WILL be a 12/15 session but not one for 1/1.

3. Is Fisto's fist interchangeable with the arm attachments of Hurricane Hordak, Roboto, Trap Jaw and Horde Prime?
    While we have seen fan requests for this, Fisto was not designed with a removable fist and it is too late to make this change at this time.

I figured that instead of being interchangeable with Trap Jaw/Roboto/Hurricane Hordak/Horde Prime that Fisto's (and Jitsu's) fist (and hand) would be removable like Clawful's large claw. I guess not....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

http://www.toystore.info/images/silly-SP2003.jpg

i bet your rite...sad thing is that plush mite look better then the real thing lol

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041